• 255 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have added a new custom field to a custom object. When I go to edit a report that lists those custom objects, the newly created field is not visible on any of the report config pages.

The new field is DEFINATELY accessible via the user's profile. I tried creating another formula field, same problem. I tried creating a text field, same problem.

It seems any new fields I create do not appear in the report customisation screens, even though I can see them on the records, and edit there.

What's going on?

I'm currently trying to create formula to calculate the Age of a case at certain status. So that we would be able to know how long a case has been in "new", "in-progress", or "Waiting", etc.

Is anyone know how to do this? I can only calculate Today()-CreatedDate so far.

Any input is very appreciated. Thanks!:)

I already created the button called "Take Case"

It was requested to do 2 things:

1. Assign the current user who clicked on it as the "Case Owner" - I figured this part out.
  2. Take the current user to the edit page for the case record. - I'm stuck on this.

It is a detail page button, that is executing javascript on click. 

Any ideas how I can get it to open the case edit screen?

I am trying to create a Custom Field of type Text that has a default value that is a URL.

When I put the URL ( i.e. http://www.domain.com/path/ ) into the default value,

I receive the error:   "Error: Syntax error. Found '/'"

I've tried using different escape character sequences and forumulas to properly encode the URL but have not found the correct method.

Any help would be appreciated.

• August 26, 2009

Hi,

I need to add a s-control button on my realated list page layout, but I can only see the option for new button there. Is there any way I can customize that?

Thank you.

• August 21, 2009

I am trying to write a validation rule for two picklists.

If one picklist (StageName) is on option "Closed Lost" then the second picklist "Lost Reason" cannot be "null" or a value must be selected.

I tried this:

AND (
ISPICKVAL( StageName , "Closed Lost"),
ISNULL( Lost_Reason__c )
)

Then I get an error saying that the ISNULL function cannot be used on a picklist.

Is there a function that I can use for this purpose or do I need to write an apex trigger?

• August 21, 2009
I would like to create a custom field that always displays the last day of the month of the close date. Any ideas on how to create this formula?

I need to create a dynamic link to our inhouse Sales Data Warehouse reports.  For this dynamic link, I need the beginning of the link, which is static:

http://servername.maritz.com:7778/reports/rwservlet?maso&AUTHID=charts/display1&p1=

For the p1 parameter, I need it comprised of a custom field on the user object  {!User.HR_ID__c}.  HR_ID__c is a numeric custom field, but in the link, it includes the commas.  How can I remove them?

Also in the p1 parameter, I need the current date.  I tried using the code: {!TODAY()}, but it is not formatting correctly for the link (see details below).

Here is the full custom link code that I am using:

http://servername.maritz.com:7778/reports/rwservlet?maso&AUTHID=charts/display1&p1={!User.HR_ID__c}{!TODAY()}

Here is what it results in:

http://servername.maritz.com:7778/reports/rwservlet?maso&AUTHID=charts/display1&p1=150%2C2518%2F20%2F2009

I need it to be:

http://servername.maritz.com:7778/reports/rwservlet?maso&AUTHID=charts/display1&p1=15025108202009

So, 150251 for the HR ID, and 08202009 for the date.

Further, once I have this, they actually want the p1 parameter (so the 15025108202009) encrypted in a simple manner.  The HR ID is always 6 digits, so they want it mixed up a bit (e.g. putting the last 3 digits of the HR ID, then putting the year from the date, then putting the 1st 3 digits of the HR ID, then putting the 2 digit day, then the 2 digit month - so, 25120091502008).  To, do this, can I still use a custom link?  Or do I need to switch to an s-control?  Is there any kind of documentation regarding how to do something like this?  I am new to force.com development, so I'm not sure of the syntax. Thanks so much for any help.

This doesn't recognize the close date filter.  Can someone help?

IF( RecordTypeId ="0123000000004s7" ,null,IF(AND( Amount <>0,CloseDate > (2009-03-31)),".6",JP_Points_1__c + JP_Points_2__c + JP_Points_3__c))

Hi,

I need to be able to a new button next to the new case button on recent cases view and also any other place where a new case could be created.

How do I add an s-control button on recent cases view and also let say you select your custom view such as

"my cases" I also need to have my custom s-control button appear there as well.

Thanks in advance.

• August 11, 2009

HI All,

I have  to display 20 questions randomly to vf page ,  i have  67 records in my object,.   some times it's dispaly 20 questons , but some times sit diaplaying  less than 20 records,  If rand value  reaches to 67  it not diapaying lessthan  20 records  , wha  is ther any alternative to to display random records. my controller is

public class questions2 {

public string answer1{set;get;}
public List<selectOption> selItems {get;set;}
public integer intCount{get;set;}
list<wrapperQuestions> objwraplst = new list<wrapperQuestions>();
list<Questiuons__c> ques=new list<Questiuons__c>();
public questions2()
{
integer serial=0;
Integer count = [SELECT COUNT() FROM Questiuons__c ];
system.debug('$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$'+count);
Integer rand = Math.floor(Math.random() * count).intValue();
system.debug('@@@@@@@@@@@@'+rand);
for(Questiuons__c a :[SELECT id,Question__c,Answers__c,Correctanswer__c FROM Questiuons__c LIMIT 20 OFFSET :rand])
{
System.debug('aaa'+a);
String s = a.Answers__c;
list<string> st =s.split(',');
wrapperQuestions objWrap = new wrapperQuestions();
objWrap.strQuestion = a.Question__c;
objWrap.correctAnswer=a.Correctanswer__c;
//serial=serial
serial=serial+1;
objWrap.intSerial=serial;
selItems = new List<selectOption>();
for(String str:st)
{
selItems.add(new SelectOption(str,str));

objWrap.itemsWrap=selItems;
//objWrap.itemsWrap.add(new SelectOption(str,str));
}

objwraplst.add(objWrap);

}
}

public void saveAnswer()
{
intCount=0;
for(wrapperQuestions objwrap:objwraplst)
{
system.debug('::::::::::::'+objwrap.answer12);
if(objwrap.answer12==objwrap.correctAnswer)
{

intCount++;
}
}

}
public list<wrapperQuestions> getitems1()
{
return objwraplst;
}

public class wrapperQuestions
{
public string strQuestion{get;set;}
public integer intSerial{get;set;}
public List<selectOption> itemsWrap {get;set;}
public string answer12{set;get;}
public string correctAnswer{set;get;}

}
}

anyone can help me 

I have the following workflow in place to populate the Due Date field based on these requirements:

CASE (Coordinator_Status__c, "Received Quote Request", Quote_Request_Received__c +1,"Received Quote and Drawing Request", Quote_Request_Received__c +4, Null)

It is working but I need it to only caculate week days.  If it is a Friday 9/17 +1, I need it to caculate to a Due Date of 9/20.  How can I make it skip weekends?

• September 13, 2010

I have a visual force page that is used for edit/new/clone of records, and I have different workflows that fire and send emails out whenever a record is added.

My workflow validation uses "ISNEW" function to identify newly created records, but none are fired whenever a record is cloned and created a new record.

I wonder how do I treat cloned and aswell as new records as same so that my emails are fired.

Currently, ISNEW returns false for cloned records, true for new records. I wonder if this is the expected functionality of this function.

• February 23, 2010
I have created a custom object that has a master relationship with Account.  However I need to create a report that lists Account, Contacts and items from this custom object.  No scenario of creating a custom report seems to give me this information.  Any ideas?

Hello there! I am trying to create a rule that will put a comment in the "History Comment" field of a Lead and a certain result is picked from a picklist.

For example: User selects "Left Message to Call" from a picklist, then in the History Comments it will show "10/9/2009: Left Messaage to Call-User Name"

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

I'm trying to write a workflow rule that takes the value from one field (Total Order Revenue) and populate it into another field (Amount).

Easy enough formula - I just wrote the formula to equal:

Total_Order_Revenue__c

Problem: It's only returning absolute values. Regardless of if the Total Order Revenue field has a positive or negative value, it will always populate a positive value in the Amount field.

I'm in the 11th hour of rolling out a new implementation and just hit this snag - HELP!

Thanks in advance!! 

• October 08, 2009

I need to take a date field and create a new field that reads the month only. If the date was 11/05/2008 I need the custom field to say "November" or if says 03/09/01 I need the field to say "March". The year is irrelevant. How would I do that?

Thank you in advance.

• September 08, 2009

I have added a new custom field to a custom object. When I go to edit a report that lists those custom objects, the newly created field is not visible on any of the report config pages.

The new field is DEFINATELY accessible via the user's profile. I tried creating another formula field, same problem. I tried creating a text field, same problem.

It seems any new fields I create do not appear in the report customisation screens, even though I can see them on the records, and edit there.

What's going on?

Hi All,

I have created a custom button on the opportunties page called " Renewal 1 Year"

https://emea.salesforce.com/006/e?opp3={!Opportunity.Account}%20- Renewal&opp4={!Opportunity.Account}&opp7={!Opportunity.Amount}&opp9={!Opportunity.CloseDate}&opp5=Renewal&opp11=Stocking Order Due&opp14=This is a renewal order

it creates a clone of the opportunity with some amendments for a the renewal.

how can i get it to add 365 days to the close date ?

Sure its somthing simple but i just cant work it out  

Thanks

Jake 

Message Edited by jmaskell123 on 09-07-2009 03:48 AM

I'm currently trying to create formula to calculate the Age of a case at certain status. So that we would be able to know how long a case has been in "new", "in-progress", or "Waiting", etc.

Is anyone know how to do this? I can only calculate Today()-CreatedDate so far.

Any input is very appreciated. Thanks!:)

I already created the button called "Take Case"

It was requested to do 2 things:

1. Assign the current user who clicked on it as the "Case Owner" - I figured this part out.
  2. Take the current user to the edit page for the case record. - I'm stuck on this.

It is a detail page button, that is executing javascript on click. 

Any ideas how I can get it to open the case edit screen?

1. If a value is selected from a custom pick list, can we make some other fields in the section mandatory say for example in Accounts object? If so, should I write a workflow for achieving this?

2. Can I display an alert message when a value is selected?

3. If I want to write java script code for standard object, is that possible?

Any answers are appreciated.

Hi,

Inline Editing - What if rule is tired to a field you inline edit ?

Thanks 

Ramesh

• September 04, 2009

I have a custom object and want to add its ID field to a related list of another object. I do this in apex code (I can't make it a lookup field). What I need also is to make the ID field a hyperlink to take the user to the tab of the object to which is part of.

Can anybody, please, tell me how to do this?

Thank you for your help. 

• September 03, 2009