• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I cannot seem to find out if Salesforce to Salesforce is compatible with Force.com Free Edition.

Any ideas anyone?

Hi All,

:smileysad::smileysad:

I have been trying to upsert using the dataloader batch mode. But i am facing few issues doing the same. Any help is appreciated.

Please find below the bean for upserting the Opportunity object. During upsert i need to use identifier other than the salesforce generated id (15 digit unique identifier). I have created an autonumber field which is being used as the unique reference key

I marked it as 'External Identifier' while creating the fields . My field is 'Salesforce_Opportunity_ID__c'.

Please find below my bean and mapping file and error details for suggesting appropriate solution.

<bean id="OpportunityUpdate"
              class="com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner"
              singleton="false">
            <description>The Opportunity Object is updated using the Savvion generated '.csv' file.</description>
            <property name="name" value="OpportunityUpdate"/>
            <property name="configOverrideMap">
            <map>
		    <entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="false"/>
		    <entry key="sfdc.debugMessagesFile" value="E:\DebugLogs"/>
		    <entry key="sfdc.endpoint" value="https://test.salesforce.com"/>
		    <entry key="sfdc.username" value="mylogin@login.com"/>
		    <!-- password below has been encrypted using key file, therefore it will not work without the key setting: process.encryptionKeyFile
		    the password is not a valid encrypted value, please generate the real value using encrypt.bat utility -->
		    <entry key="sfdc.password" value="my encrypted password"/>
		    <entry key="process.encryptionKeyFile" value="E:\key.txt"/>
		    <entry key="sfdc.timeoutSecs" value="600"/>
		    <entry key="sfdc.loadBatchSize" value="200"/>
		    <entry key="sfdc.entity" value="Opportunity"/>
		    <entry key="process.operation" value="upsert"/>
		    <entry key="sfdc.externalIdField" value="Salesforce_Opportunity_ID__c"/>
		    <entry key="process.mappingFile" value="E:\updateMap.sdl"/>
		    <entry key="dataAccess.type" value="csvRead"/>
		    <entry key="process.statusOutputDirectory" value="E:\Log Files\"/>
		    <entry key="process.outputSuccess" value="E:\Success Files\Process_success.csv"/>
		    <entry key="process.outputError" value="E:\Failure Files\Process_failure.csv"/>
		    <entry key="sfdc.proxyHost" value="10.136.64.195" />
		    <entry key="sfdc.proxyPort" value="80" />
		    <entry key="sfdc.proxyUsername" value="s@.sfdc.com" />
		    <entry key="sfdc.proxyPassword" value="" />
		    <entry key="dataAccess.name" value="E:\Opp_Update.csv"/>
            </map>
            </property>
    </bean>

My mapping file is as follows :

SALESFORCE_OPPORTUNITY_ID__C=Salesforce_Opportunity_ID__c

But i am facing the following error while i run the bean from command prompt.

39562 [OpportunityUpdate] ERROR com.salesforce.dataloader.client.Partne
rClient  - Error code is:INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE
39562 [OpportunityUpdate] ERROR com.salesforce.dataloader.client.Partne
rClient  - Error message:Unable to create/update fields: Salesforce_Opportunity_
ID__c. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is re
ad/write for your profile.

Since i am in the admin profile i donot understand wat else can be done, already the external id field is readonly visible to all (since it is autonumber readonly by default).When i tried the same in other org of mine it didn't throw any error and worked well at the very first instance. I am unable to contemplate the error and am struggling :smileysad:

Please respond ASAP , im in need of urgent help :(

The forums have been great help always hope to find solution again :) :D

TIA

- Sushupsi

I can't seem to pass the sfdc.extractionSOQL property as a parameter on the command line when running the data loader. Other parameters work fine. Is sfdc.extractionSOQL not passable, or is my syntax just off? See my attempts below

This works (excluding sfdc.extractionSOQL):

_jvm\bin\java.exe -cp DataLoader.jar;"c:\integration\sqljdbc.jar" -Dsalesforce.config.dir=conf com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner process.name=SalesforceContactToDB

This doesn't (tried to put quotes around it):

_jvm\bin\java.exe -cp DataLoader.jar;"c:\integration\sqljdbc.jar" -Dsalesforce.config.dir=conf com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner process.name=SalesforceContactToDB sfdc.extractionSOQL="SELECT ID, FIRSTNAME, LASTNAME, EMAIL, PHONE, TESTVALUE__C FROM CONTACT WHERE TESTVALUE__C = 1"

Nor this (no quotes):

_jvm\bin\java.exe -cp DataLoader.jar;"c:\integration\sqljdbc.jar" -Dsalesforce.config.dir=conf com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner process.name=SalesforceContactToDB sfdc.extractionSOQL=SELECT ID, FIRSTNAME, LASTNAME, EMAIL, PHONE, TESTVALUE__C FROM CONTACT WHERE TESTVALUE__C = 1

Nor this (escape spaces):

_jvm\bin\java.exe -cp DataLoader.jar;"c:\integration\sqljdbc.jar" -Dsalesforce.config.dir=conf com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner process.name=SalesforceContactToDB sfdc.extractionSOQL=SELECT\ ID,\ FIRSTNAME,\ LASTNAME,\ EMAIL,\ PHONE,\ TESTVALUE__C\ FROM\ CONTACT\ WHERE\ TESTVALUE__C\ \=\ 1

Thanks!

Message Edited by patros on 09-18-2009 02:08 PM
Message Edited by patros on 09-18-2009 02:09 PM
  • September 18, 2009

I cannot seem to find out if Salesforce to Salesforce is compatible with Force.com Free Edition.

Any ideas anyone?