• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I've added 2 custom picklists to the Opportunities page. One of the picklists is a standard picklist with static values, and the other is a dependent picklist whose content is based on the value of the selected item in the the first picklist.

I need to find a way to force the user to select all of the items that are presented in the dependent picklist.

Can this be done with validation rules, or would it require a custom S-control or a trigger?

I've added 2 custom picklists to the Opportunities page. One of the picklists is a standard picklist with static values, and the other is a dependent picklist whose content is based on the value of the selected item in the the first picklist.

I need to find a way to force the user to select all of the items that are presented in the dependent picklist.

Can this be done with validation rules, or would it require a custom S-control or a trigger?

I have a multi-select picklist that needs all options selected by default at the point of contact creation. I can't seem to use workflow update to do this and on the fileds page, you can only choose one option as the default. I need them all selected or otherwise, we'll have to select 10 fields for every conatct we create. Please help, thanks.
How do you pass values of a multi-select pick list in a basic S-Control?  Here's my S-Contol:

/a0A/e?CF00N60000001Uy6X={!SessionTEST__c.Client__c}&CF00N60000001UxIh={!SessionTEST__c.Opportunity__c}&00N60000001Uxyd="1"&00N60000001UxyY={!SessionTEST__c.Pose__c}

The code in red is refferences a multi-select picklist, and the values are displayed in the resulting URL:

https://na4.salesforce.com/a0A/e?CF00N60000001Uy6X=Blue+Mountain+Middle+School&CF00N60000001UxIh=Blue+Mountain+Middle+School+Test+Fall+Portaits&00N60000001Uxyd=1&00N60000001UxyY=Puzzle%3BFamily

However, the values "Puzzle" and "Family" are not written to the field.

What am I doing wrong?