• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I keep getting this error when trying to post a lead to Salesforce.

I am using code-behind in ASP.net to post the data

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 204.14.234.55:80

What is wrong with the connection?

thanks

• November 04, 2009

I was wondering if anyone could help in creating a trigger that checks both Leads and Contacts before inserting a Lead into Salesforce.

I have the example for checking just a new Lead but I need a trigger that will check both Leads and Contacts before allowing it to be submitted into salesforce.

thank you

• September 09, 2009

What I am trying to do is determine if a Lead or Contact exist and they don't then add them as a new Lead.

Here is the Apex Class

global class getcontactinfo {

Webservice static Contact getcontactemail(string Contact) {
 contact c = [Select Phone,Email from Contact where Email = :Contact];

return c;
}
}

So what I am doing to calling this global class from within ASP.net VB.

If the users e-mail does not exist it is giving me this error : System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject.

If the users e-mail does exist then I am getting this error : System.QueryException: List has more than 1 row for assignment to SObject

I need to get a value passed back to my ASP.net page so that I can either add them using the Web2Lead or not add them as a lead cause there e-mail exist already.

• September 08, 2009

I was wondering if anyone could help in creating a trigger that checks both Leads and Contacts before inserting a Lead into Salesforce.

I have the example for checking just a new Lead but I need a trigger that will check both Leads and Contacts before allowing it to be submitted into salesforce.

thank you

• September 09, 2009

What I am trying to do is determine if a Lead or Contact exist and they don't then add them as a new Lead.

Here is the Apex Class

global class getcontactinfo {

Webservice static Contact getcontactemail(string Contact) {
 contact c = [Select Phone,Email from Contact where Email = :Contact];

return c;
}
}

So what I am doing to calling this global class from within ASP.net VB.

If the users e-mail does not exist it is giving me this error : System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject.

If the users e-mail does exist then I am getting this error : System.QueryException: List has more than 1 row for assignment to SObject

I need to get a value passed back to my ASP.net page so that I can either add them using the Web2Lead or not add them as a lead cause there e-mail exist already.

• September 08, 2009