• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I have 2 types of product - those which are Fixed price and those that are Variable. I added a checkbox to Product to indicate this.

I create an Opportunity and select a few products.

The Amount is an automatic rollup and is the total. In my case this is like an Annual Contract Value.

However, if the term of the deal is 6 months, then I need to halve the Amount to get the Final Price.

Except, I don't want to halve the Fixed price products, just the Variable ones.

I can create a field on Opportunity Product which is a cross-object formula so I can read the checkbox I created on the Product object.

However, in trying to use a roll-up summary to now calculate the Final Price, and using the term, but excluding those Products that are Fixed, it won't let me use my cross object formula in the filter condition.

Any suggestions as to how to do this. I have included "what I am trying to achieve" in case someone has a better idea!

Thanks

I'd like to add a custom field that can show a time, eg 0800.

If I use a number field (which I can validate to ensure it is <= 2359) then it removes the leading zeros and adds a comma.

Do I need to use a text field and validate that the characters are all numeric etc. ?

Ultimately what I want to record is the time a client's office opens in the morning - and they can be abywhere in the world. I will record this time in GMT. However, I need to take account of daylight savings time shifts, which do not all happen at the same time.

So the perfect solution would be to enter the data in the local time, know the timezone from the address (not easy in a country with multiple timezones) and display the resulting time in GMT so it is consistent across all clients.

Message Edited by pturner64 on 10-30-2009 10:44 AM

I have a report with a chart on it; I can run the report from the ACcount object by embedding its URL in a custom button and passing the AccountID in the URL.

What I'd really like to do though is to embed the chart within the report inside the Account object itself. The chart is a graph.

I have a feeling VF will let me do this but i don't know where to start! Any pointers to the right documentatioon or a good guide greatly appreciated :-)

This is driving me nuts because I did it before! I have a report and I know I need to use selection criteria "AccountName = <blank>". Then I can call the report from elsewhere and pass in the Account Name.

I want to have a button on my Account record that calls this report, passing the Account Name, and displaying the report ideally in a new Tab, or Window.

Any tips gratefully received. I have searched hi and low in help & solutions. If you know where the help is, please let me know!

Thanks

Hi,

I have 2 types of product - those which are Fixed price and those that are Variable. I added a checkbox to Product to indicate this.

I create an Opportunity and select a few products.

The Amount is an automatic rollup and is the total. In my case this is like an Annual Contract Value.

However, if the term of the deal is 6 months, then I need to halve the Amount to get the Final Price.

Except, I don't want to halve the Fixed price products, just the Variable ones.

I can create a field on Opportunity Product which is a cross-object formula so I can read the checkbox I created on the Product object.

However, in trying to use a roll-up summary to now calculate the Final Price, and using the term, but excluding those Products that are Fixed, it won't let me use my cross object formula in the filter condition.

Any suggestions as to how to do this. I have included "what I am trying to achieve" in case someone has a better idea!

Thanks

I have a report with a chart on it; I can run the report from the ACcount object by embedding its URL in a custom button and passing the AccountID in the URL.

What I'd really like to do though is to embed the chart within the report inside the Account object itself. The chart is a graph.

I have a feeling VF will let me do this but i don't know where to start! Any pointers to the right documentatioon or a good guide greatly appreciated :-)

This is driving me nuts because I did it before! I have a report and I know I need to use selection criteria "AccountName = <blank>". Then I can call the report from elsewhere and pass in the Account Name.

I want to have a button on my Account record that calls this report, passing the Account Name, and displaying the report ideally in a new Tab, or Window.

Any tips gratefully received. I have searched hi and low in help & solutions. If you know where the help is, please let me know!

Thanks