• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Can we deprecate the first upload-version of the managed package?

I created a managed package. It was the first package in my organization. I uploaded it in released version. I could not deprecate it then. 

Later, I uploaded the same package both in released as well as beta versions. All these later versions could be deprecated. 

So, in short, only the first upload-version of my managed package could not be deprecated. Why?

• October 06, 2009

I wish to use apex code to create developer account. Please guide me on how I can do this.

• September 30, 2009

Please tell me the differences between Beta version and Released version of a Package.

A detailed list of differences will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.

• September 29, 2009

I had released a managed package in released mode. It had a deprecaed global method in a global class. I wish to undeprecate this method in my new package-upload. But, when I remove @deprecated annotation in front of the method and save the class, I get the compilation error:

"Previously deprecated identifier must still be marked @deprecated"

So, my question is:

State whether the following statement is true / false:

"Once you release a package in BETA OR RELEASED MODE, any method(s) or classes(s) which were deprecated in this upload cannot be undeprecated in the next package-upload."

• September 29, 2009

Disussion Board does not work well with Mozilla Firefox 3.0

It took me half an hour to post just one mail. then I opened it in IE 8.0 and it worked as smoothe as butter.

• September 25, 2009
Hi readers,

I wish to deprecate a method. My method is global. It is in a global class. The global class is included in a managed package.

Yet, when I add @deprecate annotation in front of my method, I get the compilation error:
    "Only managed identifiers can be marked deprecated"

I guess, my problem will get solved if I somehow make my method a managed identifier. But, I don't know what is a managed identifier. I searched a lot but couldn't find anything about managed identifiers yet. Please help me out.

For your convenience, I've uploaded the Managed Package containing the class which contains this method.
Installation URL of my managed package is:
https://login.salesforce.com/?startURL=%2Fpackaging%2FinstallPackage.apexp%3Fp0%3D04t900000008vrj
  • September 25, 2009
Hi readers,

I wish to deprecate a method. My method is global. It is in a global class. The global class is included in a managed package.

Yet, when I add @deprecate annotation in front of my method, I get the compilation error:
    "
Only managed identifiers can be marked deprecated"

I guess, my problem will get solved if I somehow make my method a managed identifier. But, I don't know what is a managed identifier. I searched a lot but couldn't find anything about managed identifiers yet. Please help me out.

For your convenience, I've uploaded the Managed Package containing the class which contains this method.
https://login.salesforce.com/?startURL=%2Fpackaging%2FinstallPackage.apexp%3Fp0%3D04t900000008vrj
  • September 25, 2009
Hi readers,

"

• September 25, 2009
Hi readers,

"

• September 25, 2009

I've created the following page:

<apex:page controller="MyClass4">

<apex:form >
        <apex:inputfield value="{!mileage.Miles__c}"/>
            <BR/>
        <apex:commandbutton action="{!submitMileage}" value="Submit Mileage"/>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

Controller is:

public class MyClass4
{

public Integer inputValue{get;set;}

private Mileage__c mileage= new Mileage__c(); //I have an s-object with API name 'Mileage__c'
    public Mileage__c getMileage()
    {return mileage;}
    public void setMileage(Mileage__c mile)
    {mileage= mile;}

public Pagereference submitMileage() {
        insert mileage;
      return null;
    }
}

I've included this page and it's controller along with a test suite and the custom object 'Mileagein a package and uploaded it.

Installation URL is:

https://login.salesforce.com/?startURL=%2Fpackaging%2FinstallPackage.apexp%3Fp0%3D04t900000008vib

Navigate to the above Installation URL to install the package. You'll then have everything you need to solve my problem.

Steps:

1. Open MyPage4 in browser. You'll see an inputtext box and a button 'Submit Mileage'.

2. Enter any value in the inputtext box. Click the 'Submit Mileage' button. In the background, a new record of the s-object 'Mileage__c' will be made  and it's 'Miles__c' field will be populated with the value you provided in the inputtext box.

3. Now, change the value in the inputtext box and click 'Submit Mileage' button again.

4. You'll get an error like:

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0 with id a0190000000EvlBAAS; first error: INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE, cannot specify Id in an insert call: [Id]

Now, my question is why do we get this error.

I guess we get this error because the Controller Class' object doesn't die until the page gets refreshed. The controller's object has only one object of type 'Mileage__c'. It's row0 has 'Miles__c' which already has the value that we passed through the inputtext box the first time.

When we enter some other value in the inputtext box and press the 'Submit Mileage' button again, the page tries to put this new value in row0 again. But, perhaps it's not allowed to overwrite the value once entered into any field of the object of type 'Mileage__c'.

If you're not understanding my words, please feel free to call me on 9028527067.

• September 24, 2009

Please tell me the differences between Beta version and Released version of a Package.

A detailed list of differences will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.

• September 29, 2009
Hi readers,

"Only managed identifiers can be marked deprecated"

• September 25, 2009

I've created the following page:

<apex:page controller="MyClass4">

<apex:form >
        <apex:inputfield value="{!mileage.Miles__c}"/>
            <BR/>
        <apex:commandbutton action="{!submitMileage}" value="Submit Mileage"/>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

Controller is:

public class MyClass4
{

public Integer inputValue{get;set;}

private Mileage__c mileage= new Mileage__c(); //I have an s-object with API name 'Mileage__c'
    public Mileage__c getMileage()
    {return mileage;}
    public void setMileage(Mileage__c mile)
    {mileage= mile;}

public Pagereference submitMileage() {
        insert mileage;
      return null;
    }
}

I've included this page and it's controller along with a test suite and the custom object 'Mileagein a package and uploaded it.

Installation URL is:

https://login.salesforce.com/?startURL=%2Fpackaging%2FinstallPackage.apexp%3Fp0%3D04t900000008vib

Navigate to the above Installation URL to install the package. You'll then have everything you need to solve my problem.

Steps:

1. Open MyPage4 in browser. You'll see an inputtext box and a button 'Submit Mileage'.

2. Enter any value in the inputtext box. Click the 'Submit Mileage' button. In the background, a new record of the s-object 'Mileage__c' will be made  and it's 'Miles__c' field will be populated with the value you provided in the inputtext box.

3. Now, change the value in the inputtext box and click 'Submit Mileage' button again.

4. You'll get an error like:

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0 with id a0190000000EvlBAAS; first error: INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE, cannot specify Id in an insert call: [Id]

Now, my question is why do we get this error.

I guess we get this error because the Controller Class' object doesn't die until the page gets refreshed. The controller's object has only one object of type 'Mileage__c'. It's row0 has 'Miles__c' which already has the value that we passed through the inputtext box the first time.

When we enter some other value in the inputtext box and press the 'Submit Mileage' button again, the page tries to put this new value in row0 again. But, perhaps it's not allowed to overwrite the value once entered into any field of the object of type 'Mileage__c'.

If you're not understanding my words, please feel free to call me on 9028527067.

• September 24, 2009