• 333 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am trying to put a copyright text at the bottom of everyscreen. I am having some trouble. I tryed an outputtext tag but I can't get it to appear at the bottom. Can anyone help me out.  Thanks.

Here is what I have so far:

<div align="center"><apex:outputText value="Copyright © 2010 Solving IT"/></div>

I have a button and some field that I would like to Right aligned. I am having some trouble doing that. Can anyone give me a code sample or direct me to a page that shows me how to do that it would really help. Thanks.

Hi,

I am working on Salesforce to Salesforce.

In this process i made a connection from my org to another org.

Now, i deactived the connection status.

How can i active the same connection status.

Thanks,

Ramya

Hi Developers. 

Here is my requirement, As to How can I attach the record ID to the Link. I am displaying list of product code and Product name as link on a VF page and its a custom comtroller. How do i pass on the link so that once when click the product code or name it redirects to the record

Here is my VF code.

<apex:page controller="ProductPriceBook23" tabStyle="Product2">

<apex:pageBlock >
         <h1><u>Report : Products and PriceBooks for Region= NA and Product Family=PRODUCT </u>  </h1>
 </apex:pageBlock> 

<apex:pageblockTable value="{!products}" var="product">
                    <apex:column headerValue="Product Code" width="150">
                    <apex:outputLink value="https://c.cs4.visual.force.com/">  {!product.prod.ProductCode} </apex:outputLink>
                    </apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Product Name" width="500">
                    <apex:outputLink value="https://c.cs4.visual.force.com/">  {!product.prod.name} </apex:outputLink>

Thanks All

I have a visual force page that has a apex:inputsecret and I made it requried. However the red bar that normaly is at the front of the field is not there. Is there a way to make the red bar show up. Is the red bar not showing up becuase it is a inputsecret tag?

Anybody is able to control the behavior of apex listviews component within the apex tabpanel

this is the code if i take some number of tabs within the tabpanel and using the listviews component within the tab component  and try to click any of the filters like A,B,C,..... etc or next or previous link , my page get refreshes and it lands to default tab of tabpanel showing unexpected behavior of tab within one apex page. this is the code. Any comment will be appreciated.

<apex:page showHeader="false">
   <apex:tabPanel switchType="client" id="tabpanel">
   <apex:tab label="TAB 1" id="object1">
   <apex:ListViews type="Case"/>
   </apex:tab>    

<apex:tab label="TAB 2" id="object2">
            <apex:listViews type="account"/>
    </apex:tabPanel>
</apex:page>

Thank you

Hi all,

I'm building an EmailMessage Trigger that is supposed to identify a case that was created by Email-To-Case feature and update a custom field called SuppliedToEmail__c with the ToAddress of the Email that has been invoked in this trigger.

My After Update is below:

trigger EmailMessageAfterUpdate on EmailMessage (After update) {
    for (EmailMessage newEmail : trigger.new){
    System.debug('******Entering EmailAfterUpdate******');

if(Trigger.oldMap.get(newEmail.id).ParentId == null && newEmail.ParentId != null){
        Case c = [SELECT id, SuppliedToEmail__c FROM Case WHERE Id = :newEmail.ParentId];
            System.debug('******Entering EmailAfterUpdate\n'+c.CaseNumber+'******');
        c.SuppliedToEmail__c = newEmail.ToAddress;
        update c;
            System.debug('******Entering EmailAfterUpdate\n'+c.SuppliedToEmail__c+'******');
        }
    }
}

Unfortunately this trigger is not being invoked, I confirmed by ranning some tests and reviewing the debug logs.

I want to replicate the WebEmail (SuppliedEmail) field update, upon creation of a Email-to-Case record, to perform the same thing with my custom email field.

Your help is appreciated.

• June 01, 2011

Hi all,

I've got a really odd situation occuring right now. One of my custom object is not allowing reports to be made (Custom Reports doesn't have that object in there, while it has every other one)

I have checked deployed, and allow reports - but it still isn't there.

Thanks!

Hello All,

I am writing a java script for a button on Opportunity Obj. I want to perform some action based on the value of the record type selected for the particular record, how can i fetch that value?

example:

if(Opportunity.RecordType = 'Type1') {

alert('opportunity rec type is Type 1');

}

but i am not able to perform this. Please help me.

Thanks.

~VSN

Hey guys, Can you provide a hyperlink or a link to a URL through a Error message displayed as part of a Trigger? For example, instead of hardcoding the URL as shown below, use a markup to make it a link: c.addError('ERROR TRM100: There is already an identical record: Record Number '+cs.Number+' (https://na8.salesforce.com/'+cs.Id+')'); This currently reads as: Error: Invalid Data. Review all error messages below to correct your data. ERROR TRM100: There is already an identical record: Record Number 60311 (https://na8.salesforce.com/500M0000000mJJ9IAM) It would be great if I could make the "Record Number 60311" a hyperlink. Any idea is greatly appreciated. Thanks,
  • May 26, 2011

How I can get Id from list view when Icheck box and click Add to call List  I  have vf page but don't know how I can get ID from list

Contact List View

Can JavaScript on a VisualForce page assign values to Apex Controller variables?

I have an outputpanel which calls a javascript funtion when clicked. Part of my app requires a variable to get a value when the outputpanel is clicked. I would use the actionsupport or param to assign the value to the variable, but this causes a page refresh or an ajax refresh, neither of which I want. What would be ideal is if the js function I call when clicking the outputpanel could input the value to the variable.

Is this possible, or is that what JavaScript Remoting in Spring11 all about?

Is it possible to limit a query to only return records with subrecords?  For example, I want to find all Accounts that have at least one Note record associated with them.

IE:

List<Account> accountsWithContacts = [SELECT Name, Id, (SELECT Id FROM Notes) FROM Account WHERE Notes.size > 1];

obviously the above example code is invalid, but essentially that is what I would like to accomplish.

any advice is greatly appreciated -- this seems like something that should be able to be accomplished via SOQL instead of having to return all accounts and sort them out after the query.

Is it possible to limit a query to only return records with subrecords?  For example, I want to find all Accounts that have at least one Note record associated with them.

IE:

List<Account> accountsWithContacts = [SELECT Name, Id, (SELECT Id FROM Notes) FROM Account WHERE Notes.size > 1];

obviously the above example code is invalid, but essentially that is what I would like to accomplish.

any advice is greatly appreciated -- this seems like something that should be able to be accomplished via SOQL instead of having to return all accounts and sort them out after the query.

I have an actionFunction defined that calls an Apex function called register() that does some work with contacts. Depending on the result of the function, it sets a message variable with some results.

When I call my actionFunction normally I see the message displayed on my page:

<apex:actionFunction name="register" action="{!register}" rendered="true" immediate="false"  />
<p>Message: {!message}</p>

When I try to call some Javascript (a function which displays an jQuery Tools overlay, with the message variable as text) using the oncomplete attribute, my message is lost.

<apex:actionFunction name="register" action="{!register}" rendered="true" immediate="false" oncomplete="showMsg()" />

<apex:outputPanel layout="block" styleClass="simple_overlay" id="regMessage">
  <p>Message: {!message}!</p>
</apex:outputPanel>

I am guessing this is because somehow once the actionFunction is complete, the method variables get cleared out. If that's the case, can I somehow return the message from the Apex method so that I can use it on my page?

I am trying to put a copyright text at the bottom of everyscreen. I am having some trouble. I tryed an outputtext tag but I can't get it to appear at the bottom. Can anyone help me out.  Thanks.

Here is what I have so far:

<div align="center"><apex:outputText value="Copyright © 2010 Solving IT"/></div>

I want to be able to call an Apex commandlink action from Javascript. Can I do that?

Here is what I have:

<apex:commandlink action="{!register}" styleClass="button" id="regSubmit">Register</apex:commandlink>

And I would like to be able to do something like this in JS:

/* Link in page */
<a href="#" class="button" id="regSubmit">Register</a> </div>

/* JS code */
$("#regSubmit").click(function() {
   var validated = myValidator.data("validator").checkValidity();
   if (validated) {
      /* Do the commandlink action here */
   }
});

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

hi,

I have created a Force.com trial org from the link http://www.salesforce.com/platform/platform-edition/ Enterprise Edition. But the org created has all the objects which are there in Salesforce.com trial Enterprise Edition. How can i make sure that the org i got is a Force.com one not Salesforce.com.

What my understanding is the paltform org i.e Force.com org doesn't contains any CRM objects other than Account and Contact. Am i correct? If so then whay these CRM objects are there in Force.com trail org?

• June 15, 2011

I have a button and some field that I would like to Right aligned. I am having some trouble doing that. Can anyone give me a code sample or direct me to a page that shows me how to do that it would really help. Thanks.

Hi,

I am working on Salesforce to Salesforce.

In this process i made a connection from my org to another org.

Now, i deactived the connection status.

How can i active the same connection status.

Thanks,

Ramya

Hi Developers. 

Here is my requirement, As to How can I attach the record ID to the Link. I am displaying list of product code and Product name as link on a VF page and its a custom comtroller. How do i pass on the link so that once when click the product code or name it redirects to the record

Here is my VF code.

<apex:page controller="ProductPriceBook23" tabStyle="Product2">

<h1><u>Report : Products and PriceBooks for Region= NA and Product Family=PRODUCT </u>  </h1>
 </apex:pageBlock> 

<apex:pageblockTable value="{!products}" var="product">
                    <apex:column headerValue="Product Code" width="150">
                    <apex:outputLink value="https://c.cs4.visual.force.com/">  {!product.prod.ProductCode} </apex:outputLink>

<apex:column headerValue="Product Name" width="500">
                    <apex:outputLink value="https://c.cs4.visual.force.com/">  {!product.prod.name} </apex:outputLink>

Thanks All

Hoping I can get some guidance on a scenario.  Current company web site has a catalog of items (not a store front or shopping application).  I have created a custom object in SalesForce that echos the fields that are displayed on the site and obviously in the database.  I want to have an action button on the web page that when clicked, will add an object instance to Salesforce. 

For example, lets say the custom object is named Widget.  I want to create a new widget instance from the web site and hence database in Salesforce.  I need to put some code in the web site to do this, and I am at a total loss wher to begin.  I am hoping someone might help me with some code snippets that I can extend to cover all the fields.

Okay, object is widget and let's assume widget has a custom field called name.  Given that, what are the steps and code example that would:

1. Set up for initiating the API to start a session.
  2. Logon
  3. Query widget to see if the name field is already in existence.
  4. If not, create the new widget instance.  create() I guess or ???
  5. Update the field name.
  6. Commit all the field updates, as in Post or something similar.
  7. Validate the create was successful.
  8. Logoff
  9. End the session

Quickly trying for cookbook hints, browsing AJAX documentation, etc. exposed a number of things that raised questions to me:  .net, php, java, .....  Is this going to be all over the place depending on how the existing web site is constructed?

Forewarned that I am a bit of a hack, at best, in this world, although a former developer but not a contemporary one, so what may be completely obvious to you is probably a fog for me.

Thanks in advance, and if snippets are not your thing per se perhaps pointing me to the right KB or documenation would help.  So far, the documentation I have whacked at has done me little good.

And maybe someone could explain why the simple code in web->lead isn't available for other objects?  It would make such sense.

• June 14, 2011

I would like to build a Visualforce page where my users can go and insert multiple Contacts in one shot. It would basically act like an Excel sheet with columns like First Name, Last Name, Email, etc. Once they enter all of their Contacts, they would click a button, all Contacts would be inserted.

A good scenario would be collecting 20 business cards from a fair. When you get back from the fair you can enter the information from the 20 cards at once, without clicking 'New' 20 individual times. After the data is entered, click 'Insert' and you just created 20 Contacts.

Does anyone know if creating repeating records/fields is possible?

Thanks,

Jeff

I am using a "inputTextArea" with its "richText" attribute set to true. This works fine in chrome and firefox. But when i use IE9, everything seems to be a blunder.

When I click "insert image" then a blank box appears, but with no means of closing and rest of screen greyed out.

The same happens when i try to insert a link.

Any ideas, why this could happen?

I need the security token of Sandbox and Production. But there is no option under setup configuration for regenerating it. 

My profile is System Admin but still I am facing this problem.

I also tried to regenerate the token by changing the password. But no mail is sent to the id associated with the user accessing the sandbox.

Please help.

Thanks

I have created one field which has data type as Date but it is Date_Of_Birth__c field so its range from 1900 to till now & not to cross 2011 so what I have to do for that I am getting values ranging 2010-2016.

Regards....

I have a visual force page that has a apex:inputsecret and I made it requried. However the red bar that normaly is at the front of the field is not there. Is there a way to make the red bar show up. Is the red bar not showing up becuase it is a inputsecret tag?

Hi,

I am new to Visualforce. I am trying to display pages to users who will have a user script on one side of the page

and input fields on the other. For now, I have created two vf pages - one using Flow for the input and one that displays a mock up of a user script helping in the creation of a record.

How do I have the script display down one side while they enter data and follow the flow through to creation of a record  on the other

• June 08, 2011

Anybody is able to control the behavior of apex listviews component within the apex tabpanel

this is the code if i take some number of tabs within the tabpanel and using the listviews component within the tab component  and try to click any of the filters like A,B,C,..... etc or next or previous link , my page get refreshes and it lands to default tab of tabpanel showing unexpected behavior of tab within one apex page. this is the code. Any comment will be appreciated.

<apex:page showHeader="false">
   <apex:tabPanel switchType="client" id="tabpanel">
   <apex:tab label="TAB 1" id="object1">
   <apex:ListViews type="Case"/>

<apex:tab label="TAB 2" id="object2">
            <apex:listViews type="account"/>
    </apex:tabPanel>
</apex:page>

Thank you