• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi

In my batch apex class I have query variable. this query is dynamic based on the passed values from the controller. I am getting the datetime value from the controller and initializing that value to a dateTime variable in the BatchApex constructor and trying to compare that datetime value  in the query.

I am perfectly fetching the datetime value and I can see the value in the BatchApex class also. But the problem is in the quey  it is returning null(comparing with createddate> datetime value provided) resulting invalid operator in the start() method.  Apprecialte help.

Here is my sample code:

global final ID CampaignId;
    global  dateTime DT;

public String query =
        ' select  Call_Outcome__c,Comments__c ' + 
        '  from testtable__c '+
        ' where createdDate > '+DT+'' +
        ' and Iscon__c = False '+
        '   and Isgov__c = True ';

//constructor - initializing CampaignId from the controller
    global BatchTest (ID CampId, dateTime givenDateTime)
    {
        CampaignId=CampId;
        DT= givenDateTime;

}

Hi ,

I have a customcontroller, which calls BatchApex Class. Now, I need to write the testmethod.  Here, My question is whether I have to write the testmethod for controller or Batch Apex. Because I have 2 more methods in controller,which needs testmethod too. Appreciate help. Thanks in advance.

Hi ,

I have candidate__c is a custom object. It has firstname,last name and full name  custom fields. I want to do concatenation of firstname and last and want to display it in fullname when click a button called GetFullName.

For this,

I have created custom button called GetFullName. and written S-control to attach to the that button. Here I am facing problems. I cant assign concatenating value to the fullname field. Can any one suggest me how can I accomplish this task. I was tried doing but i cant.

Here is the s-control code:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>

<!-- <script type="text/javascript" src="/js/functions.js"></script>
<script src="/soap/ajax/13.0/connection.js"></script>
<script src="/soap/ajax/13.0/apex.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
-->
<script language="javascript">

var candidateId = "{!Candidate__c.Id}";

var fname= "{!Candidate__c.First_Name__c}";
    var lname= "{!Candidate__c.Last_Name__c}";
    var fullname= fname + ' ' +lname ;
function merge()
{
   alert( fullname);
   window.parent.location.href = "/" + candidateId ;

}

</script>
</head>
<body onload="merge()" >
</body>
</html>

Thanks in Advance.

Hi,

Are force.com sites are built on Visualforce?

Advance thanks.

Neeru.

Hi,

Q. when a new tab is created what will you get automatically?(chosse 3)

1.CreateNew buton is created at the sidebar

2.Side bar search is enabled

3.Available for Custom reporting

4.Quick create

5.Create in recent items

Thanks in Advance,

Neeru.

Hi ,

Why should we need to set version for Apex Triggers and classes? What is the purpose of it?

Thanks,

Neeru.

Hi,

If you want the a list of positions what dashboard would you use:

A. metric

B. table

C. chart

D. gauge

Hi,

Q.If you want to look at trends in a report which report would you use:

A. Matrix

B. Summary

Thanks,

Neeru

Hi ,

can anybody answer my question plz.

Q. Manager wants to give access to data reporting to his team. what access is required for this to happen:

A. reports, dashboard folder

B. reports dashboard user running

What I understood is: User Running means even if the user is having permission to manage dashboards,if we specify his name in user running , then only he can see that dashboard at his end.

where can we provide reports and dashboard folder permissions? plz answe me ASAP.

Thanks,

Neeru

Hi Everybody,

I need to take a test in DEV 401. Could anybody provide me sample questions to practice.I appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Neeru.

I am new to SFDC. Like Development Edition do I get a free Professional /Unlimited Edition where I can create more than two users . I cant create more than two users in Develop edition there by am not able to test my application completely.(Especially where i want to create different workflows for different user)Do any one help me?

Thanks,

Neeru.

I have a custom VF page that is using the standard Opportunity controller and an extension. In the VF page, I'm displaying OpportunityContactRoles in a Data Table so that I can have some additional columns/information displayed that are not options within the standard OpportunityContactRoles related list. My problem is that I have to manually add in the Del link (that appears in the "Action" column on the Opportunity Contact Roles related list) but can't seem to figure out the URL to use.

I see that the Del button links to /setup/own/deleteredirect.jsp with the following parameters:

• id --> opportunity id
  • delID --> opportunitycontactrole id to delete
  • retURL --> the return URL
  • _CONFIRMATIONTOKEN --> ??

What is the confirmation token, and how do I determine it?

If there is an easier way to approach this rather than hacking the URL myself please let me know.

• May 11, 2011

I'm getting the attached error when attempting to install the latest Force.com IDE plugin on the latest Eclipse version with the latest JDK installed.  The error comes up after I click next on the "Available Software" selection screen of the "Install New Software" dialog.  How can I fix this problem?  Thank you!

Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency.
  Software being installed: Force.com IDE 20.0.1.201011121559 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 20.0.1.201011121559)
  Software currently installed: Shared profile 1.0.0.1284708747720 (SharedProfile_epp.package.java 1.0.0.1284708747720)
  Only one of the following can be installed at once: 
    Structured Source Editor 1.2.2.v201008232126 (org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui 1.2.2.v201008232126)
    Structured Source Editor 1.1.102.v200910200227 (org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui 1.1.102.v200910200227)
  Cannot satisfy dependency:
    From: Shared profile 1.0.0.1284708747720 (SharedProfile_epp.package.java 1.0.0.1284708747720)
    To: org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui [1.2.2.v201008232126]
    From: Force.com IDE 20.0.1.201011121559 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 20.0.1.201011121559)
    To: org.eclipse.wst.html.ui [1.0.0,2.0.0)
    From: HTML UI Source Editor 1.0.401.v200908111935 (org.eclipse.wst.html.ui 1.0.401.v200908111935)
    To: bundle org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui [1.1.0,1.2.0)

• February 03, 2011

Hi ,

I have a customcontroller, which calls BatchApex Class. Now, I need to write the testmethod.  Here, My question is whether I have to write the testmethod for controller or Batch Apex. Because I have 2 more methods in controller,which needs testmethod too. Appreciate help. Thanks in advance.

Hi ,

I have candidate__c is a custom object. It has firstname,last name and full name  custom fields. I want to do concatenation of firstname and last and want to display it in fullname when click a button called GetFullName.

For this,

I have created custom button called GetFullName. and written S-control to attach to the that button. Here I am facing problems. I cant assign concatenating value to the fullname field. Can any one suggest me how can I accomplish this task. I was tried doing but i cant.

Here is the s-control code:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>

<!-- <script type="text/javascript" src="/js/functions.js"></script>
<script src="/soap/ajax/13.0/connection.js"></script>
<script src="/soap/ajax/13.0/apex.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
-->
<script language="javascript">

var candidateId = "{!Candidate__c.Id}";

var fname= "{!Candidate__c.First_Name__c}";
    var lname= "{!Candidate__c.Last_Name__c}";
    var fullname= fname + ' ' +lname ;
function merge()
{
   alert( fullname);
   window.parent.location.href = "/" + candidateId ;

}

</script>
</head>
<body onload="merge()" >
</body>
</html>

Thanks in Advance.

Hi,

Are force.com sites are built on Visualforce?

Advance thanks.

Neeru.

Hi,

Q. when a new tab is created what will you get automatically?(chosse 3)

1.CreateNew buton is created at the sidebar

2.Side bar search is enabled

3.Available for Custom reporting

4.Quick create

5.Create in recent items

Thanks in Advance,

Neeru.

Hi ,

Why should we need to set version for Apex Triggers and classes? What is the purpose of it?

Thanks,

Neeru.

I am looking to make a validation rule so that a checkbox field can be checked by anyone, however it cannot be unchecked except by an admin user.

I'm familiar with validation rules and forumlas, just having a hard time getting my head around this.  Any ideas?

Hi,

I have a requirement where in once the record is approved  the record status is set to approved then we need to set up a task for account owner to review and change the status to reviewed and if he does not change it to reviewed then keep sending him reminder emails every 3 days.

I tried the following

On approval update the status to approved and assign a task for account owner

and I created a workflow which had a rule criteria that "stauts should be equal to approved" and then it will set up a time bound email alerts to the account owner till the status is changed to reviewed. But when I change the status manually thru edit account page then the workflow is initiated but if the status is being set to approved by the approval process then the workflow process is not initiated. Can someone help me with this?

Regards

Himanshoo

Hi,

If you want the a list of positions what dashboard would you use:

A. metric

B. table

C. chart

D. gauge

Hi,

Q.If you want to look at trends in a report which report would you use:

A. Matrix

B. Summary

Thanks,

Neeru

Hi Everybody,

I need to take a test in DEV 401. Could anybody provide me sample questions to practice.I appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Neeru.

Hi

I tried to use the SetController to pull up PricebookEntries from a Pricebook. I get the error “List controllers are not supported for PricebookEntry”.

I am trying to customize the 'Add Product' functionality to an Opportunity and am trying to select PriceBookEntries from a PriceBook to be displayed this way. The PriceBook has about 5000 products and I wanted to leverage the SetController functionality for this.

Is this functionality going to be added at all?

Meanwhile can anyone suggest me a work around for this?

Thanks

Message Edited by kpr on 10-21-2009 07:08 AM
  • October 21, 2009

Folks,

I got my DEV 401 few months back. I am now planning to take up the DEV 501 exam. Though I've been working in Visualforce & apex for quite sometime, I don't have a clue on what is being tested in DEV 501. Couple of people to whom I have spoken recently are also in the same state. 

Hence, I am starting this thread so that people who have taken 501 atleast once, can share with us their experience and guide/hint us on the reference materials/topics that matter.

Lets help each other !!!

P.S: I also wanted to declare that this thread is not meant to post the exam questions as it will violate salesforce.com certification rights. This thread is solely meant to share the certification exam experiences and references.

I am trying to use the command line interface for Apex Data Loader 15.0.  I am receiving the above error.

Here is my process-conf.xml file

<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
<beans>
<bean id="csvAccountExtractProcess"
   class="com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner"
      singleton="false">
   <description>csvAccountExtract job gets account info from salesforce and saves info into a       CSV file."</description>
      <property name="name" value="csvAccountExtract"/>
      <property name="configOverrideMap">
      <map>
         <entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="false"/>
         <entry key="sfdc.endpoint" value="https://www.salesforce.com"/>
         <entry key="sfdc.username" value="dmote@neapco.com"/>
                <!-- password below has been encrypted using key file, therefore it will not work without the key setting: process.encrypt -->
         <entry key="sfdc.password" value="7e2dd57498ca6eca83040dbfedaa7900904863e5500fd6ab3aace7c94944482a97fa41fee9313237"/>
         <entry key="process.encryptionKeyFile" value="C:\key.txt"/>
         <entry key="sfdc.timeoutSecs" value="600"/>
         <entry key="sfdc.loadBatchSize" value="200"/>
         <entry key="sfdc.entity" value="Account"/>
         <entry key="sfdc.extractionRequestSize" value="500"/>
         <entry key="sfdc.extractionSOQL" value="Select Id, Name, ParentId, AccountNumber, AnnualRevenue, CHESS_Id__c, CHESS_PARENT__c FROM Account"/>
         <entry key="process.operation" value="extract"/>
         <entry key="dataAccess.type" value="csvWrite"/>
         <entry key="dataAccess.name" value="C:\extract.csv"/>
            </map>
        </property>
    </bean>
</beans>

Am I missing something?

If you need more info, let me know.  

Thanks,

David