• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am about to refresh my developer sandbox from the production. I have some crucial data in the developer sandbox.. Want to confirm, will my existing data in the developer sandbox would completely be erazed after refresh.

Can anyone suggest... . I want to display the records in row format but my below code is displaying the record in column format. I tried all combination of tr/td inside and outside of the inner as well as outer <apex:repeat> but still the result remained same.. used <apex:repeat>  with <apex:dataList> too, to test the result.. but did not get one.

<apex:pageBlock title="Add additional details to models" mode="edit">
<apex:pageBlockSection >
<apex:repeat value="{!productDetailLineItems}" var="string">
<apex:repeat value="{!fields}" var="f">

<tr>

<td>
<apex:inputField value="{!string[f.fieldPath]}"  required="{!OR(f.required, f.dbrequired)}"/>

</td>

</td>
</apex:repeat>
</apex:pageBlockSection>
</apex:pageBlock>

{!productDetailLineItems}:- is the method returing list of 'product detail line item' records..

product deatil line item is a custom objects which has field namely : product name/quantity/price/margin/percenatge offer/sales division.

my above code generate the output like this

record 1

product name

quantity

price

margin

percentage offer

sales division

record 2

product name

quantity

price

margin

percentage offer

sales division

record 3

product name

quantity

price

margin

percentage offer

sales division

I want an outout like this

record 1       product name     quantity     price     margin      percentage offer       sales division

record 2        product name     quantity     price     margin      percentage offer       sales division

record 3        product name     quantity     price     margin      percentage offer       sales division

help with advice or sample code plz

Hi,

I have observed that whenever partner wsdl is parsed. faultPartnerSoapSforceCom     and  sobjectPartnerSoapSforceCom 

are always generated successfully but not able to create "partnerSoapSforceCom" apex class and the error says

"Error: unexpected token: 'delete' ". If I cmment out this peace error is gone but it leads to another error and same way it  goes on.

Since its too big ,I guess it may be becuse of the size of the file being generated.

Can any body suggest how to address such issue? I m sure thsi is very common problem we might have come across before.

Can you share the nicer partner xm/wsdll file that can generate all three apex classes error free?

Hi,

I have walke thru the integration guide. Can nay body provide the clear steps for the simple integration.

Spceially the java settings required in order to start the API calls.

I am referring this link for integration -

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content/sforce_api_quickstart_steps.htm

Comfortable till

Step 3: Import the WSDL File Into Your Development Platform

I have no idea how to perform subsequent step

Instructions for Java Environments (WSC)

Please guide me thru the easy step.

From where to install WSC JAR file. Wat should be the full class path and how to check it etc.

Hi Dedicated Salesforce Team or All,

I am facing an error from long.

'SOQL statements can not be longer than 10000 characters' .

I am doubting it could be beacasue of size of  API name of the fields. Even if I reduce the lenght it will not accomodate

more than 450 or max 500 fields . how can I expose remaining 250 - 300 fields on the same VF page.

Please give me the step by step by solution. If etensn is required then what would be format. How will it take the input from the user. give me the code of the extens that will store the user input for remaing 250-300 fields other than Standard controller. Because in case of standasrd controller it automatically creates the record.

Impatiently waiting for reply.

Regards

Shanky

Hi All,

I am facing a governer limit issue. Can any body provide me point to point quick solution.

Issue:- I have one visualforce page where I am using standard controller to take the input from the user.

The number of fields are supposed to be 700.

It works fine wih 352 fields as of now but when I increase the number of fields on the VF page it throws

"

Error: ; nested exception is: common.exception.ApiException: SOQL statements can not be longer than 10000 characters.

<script type="text/javascript">//

// <![CDATA[ var tabId = getCookie('dmTab'); var closeButtonId = 'thePage:theForm:closeButton'; if (tabId && getBottomPanelHeight() > 28) { showCloseButton(closeButtonId, true); } else { showCloseButton(closeButtonId, false); } document.getElementById('thePage:theForm:controllerTab').style.display = (false) ? 'inline' : 'none'; //

</script>

"

It is very urgent for me.

Query 1:- How many fields one object can have at the max?

Query 2:- Assuming if an object can have maximum 400 fields then how the reamining 300 fields can be accomadated

in the same visualforce page.

Awaiting response

Shanky

How to hide or disable the Edit Button depending upon some condition say for example if particular check box is checked then edit button should no longer be visible.

How to make a record read only through coding not through sharing rules

Can any body tell me how can I migrate all components of one env to another( Tell me easy step).

Can I see the current size of sandbox/production env? I mean how much code and data it is carrying.

may be in GB or Terra byte etc. 

Is there any place where deployemt history is maintained ,If u deploy all components from sandbox to production

Hi

Can any body guide me with complete steps to carete full copy of the production env in to sandbox env 

to work on.

Tell me each steps involved to have the identical copy of the production.

It should have all changes whether customization of object/fields, pagelayout every thing.

Awaiting the reply

Thanks 

For the pagination we have to use

<apex:page standardController="Account" recordSetvar="accounts">
<apex:pageBlock title="Viewing Accounts">
<apex:form id="theForm">
<apex:dataList var="a" value="{!accounts}" type="1">
{!a.name}
</apex:dataList>
<apex:panelGrid columns="2">
<apex:commandLink action="{!previous}">Previous</apex:commandlink>
<apex:commandLink action="{!next}">Next</apex:commandlink>
</apex:panelGrid>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

but in my case code is

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!fetchMaxRec}" var="a" id="tab">

<apex:column >
                 <apex:facet name="header">
                       <apex:commandLink value="{!$ObjectType.Account.Fields.Name.Label}" action="{!CommonSortIt}">
                             <apex:param name="CurrentGetSetSortFields" value="Name" assignTo="{!CurrentGetSetSortFields}"/>
                       </apex:commandLink>
                 </apex:facet>
                 <apex:outputField value="{!a.Name}"/>       
            </apex:column>  

Since Pevious and Next is standard button of Account. But i m using custom method "fetchMaxRec" so it is

not supporting. One more issue is , I am not able to use dataList for my code to proceed with the pagination

because the way dataList has been used in the 1st piece of code , in the same way PageBlockTable has been used in my case.

How to resolve it??????

Hi,

Can any body share the code for the sorting and pagination. The scenerio is to sort the 

values of a particular coulmn as soon as user clicks on the column header. At the same time

it should pick the corresponding value of other columns. I mean to say it should not sort static 

one column value only.

I m referring below link but it is not working for me.

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Sorting_Tables
http://salesforcesource.blogspot.com/2008/11/adding-sorting-capability-to.html

Hi
Lets say we Clicked Account tab. Number account records have been displayed. It has field Contract Id .
As of now it is just a non clickable field. I need to make it a hot link, so that as soon as user clicks on it, it should take to the Contract Page.

Any Idea how to do that???
Hi
Can any body tell me whether it is possible to send an email alert to the task creator once the task is marked as completed using
the standard functionality of the sales force. I mean the way we do for Account or Opportunity as mentioned below.

Create a workflow rule and check the condition ISPICKVAL(Status,'Completed') then set an immediate action as Email alert.
But for TASK

I can create only workflow rule abut not able to set the Email Alert as Immediate action.

Suggest::::::: How to achieve this

Is it possible to put user's profile check in Trigger as we do in Validation rule(eg $Profile.Name ='System Administrator')
How to perform delete operation when thousands of records are to be removed at one stroke without hitting the governer limit.

Hi

Can any body tell me how to delete the duplicate record from the database.

This duplicate reocrd is judged on the basis of comparing each field of one record with

the each field of the other record.

I used two for loops for this . Every time I m comparing the index of 1st record with the rest of the

records then again i m jumping to the next index and coampring with the remaing record in the list.

This logic is failing badly since ony for 100 records total iteration becomes 100*100 . Htng governer limit

I m getting

"

Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger prevnetContActiveMultipleTimes caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: prevnetContActiveMultipleTimes: execution of BeforeUpdate caused by: System.Exception: Too many script statements: 10201: Class.cleanUpContactRoleDuplicateRecord.cleanUpDuplicateRecord: line 26, column 25 "
Tell me how to delete the duplicate records from the database.

can any body tell me how to delete the duplicate records from the database at one stroke.

I have collected the all duplicate records in a list and when I am trying to delete the list using

"delete list" . Instead of cleaning up it is again n again throwing an exception called "mulitile DML statements with same ids".

I have to compare Date fileld of a particular object with another Date field.

Like Start_date__c >= End_Date__c ( will it work in Apex? if not then waht is the syntax)

Can anyone suggest... . I want to display the records in row format but my below code is displaying the record in column format. I tried all combination of tr/td inside and outside of the inner as well as outer <apex:repeat> but still the result remained same.. used <apex:repeat>  with <apex:dataList> too, to test the result.. but did not get one.

<apex:pageBlock title="Add additional details to models" mode="edit">
<apex:repeat value="{!productDetailLineItems}" var="string">
<apex:repeat value="{!fields}" var="f">

<tr>

<td>
<apex:inputField value="{!string[f.fieldPath]}"  required="{!OR(f.required, f.dbrequired)}"/>

</td>

</td>

{!productDetailLineItems}:- is the method returing list of 'product detail line item' records..

product deatil line item is a custom objects which has field namely : product name/quantity/price/margin/percenatge offer/sales division.

my above code generate the output like this

record 1

product name

quantity

price

margin

percentage offer

sales division

record 2

product name

quantity

price

margin

percentage offer

sales division

record 3

product name

quantity

price

margin

percentage offer

sales division

I want an outout like this

record 1       product name     quantity     price     margin      percentage offer       sales division

record 2        product name     quantity     price     margin      percentage offer       sales division

record 3        product name     quantity     price     margin      percentage offer       sales division

help with advice or sample code plz

Hi,

I have walke thru the integration guide. Can nay body provide the clear steps for the simple integration.

Spceially the java settings required in order to start the API calls.

I am referring this link for integration -

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content/sforce_api_quickstart_steps.htm

Comfortable till

Step 3: Import the WSDL File Into Your Development Platform

I have no idea how to perform subsequent step

Instructions for Java Environments (WSC)

Please guide me thru the easy step.

From where to install WSC JAR file. Wat should be the full class path and how to check it etc.

Hi Dedicated Salesforce Team or All,

I am facing an error from long.

'SOQL statements can not be longer than 10000 characters' .

I am doubting it could be beacasue of size of  API name of the fields. Even if I reduce the lenght it will not accomodate

more than 450 or max 500 fields . how can I expose remaining 250 - 300 fields on the same VF page.

Please give me the step by step by solution. If etensn is required then what would be format. How will it take the input from the user. give me the code of the extens that will store the user input for remaing 250-300 fields other than Standard controller. Because in case of standasrd controller it automatically creates the record.

Impatiently waiting for reply.

Regards

Shanky

Hi All,

I am facing a governer limit issue. Can any body provide me point to point quick solution.

Issue:- I have one visualforce page where I am using standard controller to take the input from the user.

The number of fields are supposed to be 700.

It works fine wih 352 fields as of now but when I increase the number of fields on the VF page it throws

"

Error: ; nested exception is: common.exception.ApiException: SOQL statements can not be longer than 10000 characters.

<script type="text/javascript">//

// <![CDATA[ var tabId = getCookie('dmTab'); var closeButtonId = 'thePage:theForm:closeButton'; if (tabId && getBottomPanelHeight() > 28) { showCloseButton(closeButtonId, true); } else { showCloseButton(closeButtonId, false); } document.getElementById('thePage:theForm:controllerTab').style.display = (false) ? 'inline' : 'none'; //

</script>

"

It is very urgent for me.

Query 1:- How many fields one object can have at the max?

Query 2:- Assuming if an object can have maximum 400 fields then how the reamining 300 fields can be accomadated

in the same visualforce page.

Awaiting response

Shanky

I have a trigger that loops thru all Opportunity Products and updates the related opportunity.  The trigger works fine if there isn't more than 3 or 4 Opportunity Products, but it bombs if there are more than 5 Opportunity Products.  I'm trying to make my trigger bulk safe.  Can someone provide some help on how to refactor my trigger to make it bulk safe?

trigger OpportunityUpdateFromOppProduct on OpportunityLineItem (after insert, after update) {

List<OpportunityLineItem> olis = [Select Id, OpportunityId, Service_Code__c, Is_Full_Service__c From OpportunityLineItem Where OpportunityId =: Trigger.new[0].OpportunityId];

for (OpportunityLineItem oli : olis) {

Service_Code__c sc = [Select Opportunity_Service_Field_Name__c From Service_Code__c Where Name =: oli.Service_Code__c];

String soql = 'Select ' + sc.Opportunity_Service_Field_Name__c + ' From Opportunity Where Id = \'' + oli.OpportunityId + '\'';

List<Opportunity> opps = Database.query(soql);

string serviceFieldValue;

if (oli.Is_Full_Service__c == 'True') {
			serviceFieldValue = 'Full';
		}
		else {
			serviceFieldValue = 'Partial';
		}

if (opps[0].get(sc.Opportunity_Service_Field_Name__c) != 'Full') {
			opps[0].put(sc.Opportunity_Service_Field_Name__c, serviceFieldValue);
		}
		update opps;
	}
}

Thanks.

Hi

Can any body tell me how to delete the duplicate record from the database.

This duplicate reocrd is judged on the basis of comparing each field of one record with

the each field of the other record.

I used two for loops for this . Every time I m comparing the index of 1st record with the rest of the

records then again i m jumping to the next index and coampring with the remaing record in the list.

This logic is failing badly since ony for 100 records total iteration becomes 100*100 . Htng governer limit

I m getting

"

Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger prevnetContActiveMultipleTimes caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: prevnetContActiveMultipleTimes: execution of BeforeUpdate caused by: System.Exception: Too many script statements: 10201: Class.cleanUpContactRoleDuplicateRecord.cleanUpDuplicateRecord: line 26, column 25 "
Tell me how to delete the duplicate records from the database.

We have an application written in Delphi 7 that we want to integrate with SalesForce in the Support area. I was able to import the SF WSDL (with a bit of patching), Log in and log out OK. However, when I try to work with QueryResults, the generated interface code in Delphi doesn't appear to be correct, and I don't know how to fix it.

So my big question is whether anyone has done work in Delphi before successfully.

The particular problem I'm wrestling with now is with retrieving query results. The generated Delphi code follows below at the end.

From the C# sample code, I see that the QueryResult.records property should be an array, but in the imported WSDL it isn't. Later versions off Delphi do a better job on the WSDL, but don't resolve this problem.

Thanks,

Imported WSDL interface:

QueryResult = class(TRemotable)
  private
    Fdone: Boolean;
    FqueryLocator: QueryLocator;
    Frecords: sObject;
    Fsize: Integer;
  public
    destructor Destroy; override;
  published
    property done: Boolean read Fdone write Fdone;