• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi guys, I am struggling here to get a custom visualforce page that is the Active Site Home Page for Saites that I want to be a branded logon controller to get my customers into customer portal. I am stuck with the ugly default login page that is generated with customer portal. Have had 2 differnt consutalts hack at it with no luck.

I have a visualforcepage linked to sites that references a login controller like this:

<c:SiteLogin id="siteLogin"/>

Then the site login controller looks like this:

/**
* An apex page controller that exposes the site login functionality
*/
global class SiteLoginController {
    global String username {get; set;}
    global String password {get; set;}

global PageReference login() {
        String startUrl = System.currentPageReference().getParameters().get('startURL');
        return site.login(username, password, '/home/home.jsp');
    }

global SiteLoginController () {}

global static testMethod void testSiteLoginController () {
        // Instantiate a new controller with all parameters in the page
        SiteLoginController controller = new SiteLoginController ();
        controller.username = 'test@salesforce.com';
        controller.password = '123456';

System.assertEquals(controller.login(),null);                          
    }   
}

I am racking my brain trying to do something very simple in a visualforce page. I am displaying a SWF file and trying display and pass the current User's account name into the SWF. My problem is capturing the current user's account name for some reason. When I run it I get no errors and the SWF renders exactly as I expect, but when I am logged in as any user, I can not get it to display the account name. By all accounts, I assume I thought that the code below would bring back the current user's account name but I get nothing right now. 

{!User.Contact.Account.Name}

Any ideas would be much appreciated. I am definitely not an expert in this area but was hoping that I could put this very basic functionality together without a major effort. Thank you.

<apex:page standardController="User" sidebar="false" showheader="true">
     <apex:flash src="{!$Resource.mapsusage}?cscustomer={!User.Contact.Account.Name}"
     height="315" width="710" />
</apex:page>

I am hoping I get this close enough to where you guys wont blast me for posting in the wrong place :) 

I have setup "Ideas" on our customer portal and have yet to figure out a good way to setup administration, notifications, or tracking of new ideas that our customers submit.

There are no settings for email notification or administration of the ideas page itself or for posts. All of the new features that they sold us on, like customer portal and ideas are half baked solutions from what I have seen compared to the rest of SFDC. 

It is perfect for entering ideas but how do we as a company know when the ideas are submitted? Hopefully I am missing something because my recommendation to the business as of now is to scrap ideas, open up a forum, save some money and call it a day.

I appreciate any "ideas" anyone has.. Thanks in advance

-Ryan

Hi guys, I am struggling here to get a custom visualforce page that is the Active Site Home Page for Saites that I want to be a branded logon controller to get my customers into customer portal. I am stuck with the ugly default login page that is generated with customer portal. Have had 2 differnt consutalts hack at it with no luck.

I have a visualforcepage linked to sites that references a login controller like this:

<c:SiteLogin id="siteLogin"/>

Then the site login controller looks like this:

/**
* An apex page controller that exposes the site login functionality
*/
global class SiteLoginController {
    global String username {get; set;}
    global String password {get; set;}

global PageReference login() {
        String startUrl = System.currentPageReference().getParameters().get('startURL');
        return site.login(username, password, '/home/home.jsp');
    }

global SiteLoginController () {}

global static testMethod void testSiteLoginController () {
        // Instantiate a new controller with all parameters in the page
        SiteLoginController controller = new SiteLoginController ();
        controller.username = 'test@salesforce.com';
        controller.password = '123456';

System.assertEquals(controller.login(),null);                          
    }   
}

I am racking my brain trying to do something very simple in a visualforce page. I am displaying a SWF file and trying display and pass the current User's account name into the SWF. My problem is capturing the current user's account name for some reason. When I run it I get no errors and the SWF renders exactly as I expect, but when I am logged in as any user, I can not get it to display the account name. By all accounts, I assume I thought that the code below would bring back the current user's account name but I get nothing right now. 

Any ideas would be much appreciated. I am definitely not an expert in this area but was hoping that I could put this very basic functionality together without a major effort. Thank you.

<apex:page standardController="User" sidebar="false" showheader="true">
     <apex:flash src="{!$Resource.mapsusage}?cscustomer={!User.Contact.Account.Name}"
     height="315" width="710" />
</apex:page>

I am hoping I get this close enough to where you guys wont blast me for posting in the wrong place :) 

I have setup "Ideas" on our customer portal and have yet to figure out a good way to setup administration, notifications, or tracking of new ideas that our customers submit.

There are no settings for email notification or administration of the ideas page itself or for posts. All of the new features that they sold us on, like customer portal and ideas are half baked solutions from what I have seen compared to the rest of SFDC. 

It is perfect for entering ideas but how do we as a company know when the ideas are submitted? Hopefully I am missing something because my recommendation to the business as of now is to scrap ideas, open up a forum, save some money and call it a day.

I appreciate any "ideas" anyone has.. Thanks in advance

-Ryan

I have a customer portal that uses a web address like for sign-in and similar salesforce.com URLs for inner pages:

https://emea.salesforce.com/secur/login_portal.jsp?orgId=00D000000Av&portalId=060200000 

How do I configure it so it looks like this:

customers.mydomain.com

I saw an Ideas entry where many people asked for this, and it was marked as Existing Feature, but I can't find any mention in the help, or the forums on how to implement this.