• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm trying to change my domain name mydomain.force.com to mydomain.com 

I've read http://www.adnsandbox.com/df08/sites_using_custom_domain.pdf but the issue I'm having is creating those CNAME records on Go Daddy.

On Godaddy I have the option to change the A (Host) record from @ to an IP address which from reading articles on their site is what I would need to do but instead of an IP address I think I need to have it say mydomain.force.com but it'll only let me put an IP address in.

If anyone has experience with this or might be able to offer suggestions I'd highly appreciate it. Currently I'm forwarding mydomain.com to mydomain.force.com and this in turn I believe has resulted in my site not being searchable on Google anymore because I do not have the custom domain configured (my site has been running for about 3 months now).

Thanks!

• December 04, 2010

Hi,

Sorry if this post is in the wrong board, feel free to move it to the right place. Could someone at DeveloperForce fix this form on your site please? .

http://developer.force.com/sitesgallery/SubmitSite

The screenshot of the error message here if it helps.

Thanks

Sonny

Hi community,

I am trying to set up a custom domain: test.mycompany.com, I created a CNAME entry with my hosting service to point to mysite.force.com. After a few hours the CNAME entry was processed, I went to a CNAME lookup tool (I used this one: http://www.mxtoolbox.com/ ) to check and it came back like this:

TypeDomain NameCanonical Name
CNAMEtest.mycompany.com
mysite.force.com.mycompany.com

Does the CNAME look right to you? Why does it append the force.com site to my company domain name?

Went into Sites to enter in the Customer Web Address with test.mycompany.com but get this error message: 

Salesforce.com cannot validate the custom Web address you entered. The domain may not belong to you or the CNAME may still be processing (can take up to 24 hours). Try again later, or save the site without a custom Web address.

I must have done something wrong here I can't figure it out. Wondering if anyone can point me to the right direction?

Would really appreciate any help.

Cheers,

Sonny

Hi community,

Wondering if anyone can shed me some lights. I'm this close to bang my head against the wall.

On our Force.com Sites, we have a "Case Study" page which lists some PDF/Excel/Words files. These files are stored in Documents in Salesforce. We want people visit our site to download them.

I wrote a simple VF page to output a download link, and a controller to query the Document object. But when I click on the Download link, I get the "Authorization Required" error message. I guess this is to do with Security setting between the Documents Object and the Guest User License. I did grant the Read permission on this object but no luck.

Is there any way to make this work? I don't really want to use Static Resource to hold these PDF files.

Here is my code:

DocumentDownload.page

<apex:page controller="DocumentCon" action="{!getFile}">
<apex:outputLink value="/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file={!doc.Id}&oid={!$Organization.Id}">
Download Now!
</apex:outputLink>
</apex:page>

DocumentCon.cls

public class DocumentCon {	
public Document doc {get;set;}

public PageReference getFile() {
String fileId = System.currentPageReference().getParameters().get('id');

if(fileId != null) {
doc = [SELECT Id, Name, Description, ContentType, Type, Url, BodyLength, Body
FROM Document WHERE Id = :fileId];
}
return null;
}
}

Hi all,

I have a formula field (date type) to calculate a date that is 9 months in the future based on the issued_date__c (date type).

DATE ( YEAR(issued_date__c), MONTH(issued_date__c)+9, DAY(issued_date__c) )

This has failed completely if the month is April onward because there is no such thing as month 13.

Has anyone got a solution?

Thanks in advance,

S

I'm trying to change my domain name mydomain.force.com to mydomain.com 

I've read http://www.adnsandbox.com/df08/sites_using_custom_domain.pdf but the issue I'm having is creating those CNAME records on Go Daddy.

On Godaddy I have the option to change the A (Host) record from @ to an IP address which from reading articles on their site is what I would need to do but instead of an IP address I think I need to have it say mydomain.force.com but it'll only let me put an IP address in.

If anyone has experience with this or might be able to offer suggestions I'd highly appreciate it. Currently I'm forwarding mydomain.com to mydomain.force.com and this in turn I believe has resulted in my site not being searchable on Google anymore because I do not have the custom domain configured (my site has been running for about 3 months now).

Thanks!

• December 04, 2010

Hi community,

I am trying to set up a custom domain: test.mycompany.com, I created a CNAME entry with my hosting service to point to mysite.force.com. After a few hours the CNAME entry was processed, I went to a CNAME lookup tool (I used this one: http://www.mxtoolbox.com/ ) to check and it came back like this:

TypeDomain NameCanonical Name
CNAMEtest.mycompany.com
mysite.force.com.mycompany.com

Does the CNAME look right to you? Why does it append the force.com site to my company domain name?

Went into Sites to enter in the Customer Web Address with test.mycompany.com but get this error message: 

Salesforce.com cannot validate the custom Web address you entered. The domain may not belong to you or the CNAME may still be processing (can take up to 24 hours). Try again later, or save the site without a custom Web address.

I must have done something wrong here I can't figure it out. Wondering if anyone can point me to the right direction?

Would really appreciate any help.

Cheers,

Sonny

Hi community,

Wondering if anyone can shed me some lights. I'm this close to bang my head against the wall.

On our Force.com Sites, we have a "Case Study" page which lists some PDF/Excel/Words files. These files are stored in Documents in Salesforce. We want people visit our site to download them.

I wrote a simple VF page to output a download link, and a controller to query the Document object. But when I click on the Download link, I get the "Authorization Required" error message. I guess this is to do with Security setting between the Documents Object and the Guest User License. I did grant the Read permission on this object but no luck.

Is there any way to make this work? I don't really want to use Static Resource to hold these PDF files.

Here is my code:

DocumentDownload.page

<apex:page controller="DocumentCon" action="{!getFile}">
<apex:outputLink value="/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file={!doc.Id}&oid={!$Organization.Id}">
Download Now!
</apex:outputLink>
</apex:page>

DocumentCon.cls

public class DocumentCon {	
public Document doc {get;set;}

public PageReference getFile() {
String fileId = System.currentPageReference().getParameters().get('id');

if(fileId != null) {
doc = [SELECT Id, Name, Description, ContentType, Type, Url, BodyLength, Body
FROM Document WHERE Id = :fileId];
}
return null;
}
}

Hi all,

I have a formula field (date type) to calculate a date that is 9 months in the future based on the issued_date__c (date type).

DATE ( YEAR(issued_date__c), MONTH(issued_date__c)+9, DAY(issued_date__c) )

This has failed completely if the month is April onward because there is no such thing as month 13.

Has anyone got a solution?

Thanks in advance,

S

Hi,

Can someone suggest if there is any helptext kind of thing available in the Visual Force.

This is regarding the help icon which, when hovered by a mouse gives a help text explanation

which is present in the Standard objects & Custom Objects for the standard fields in them.

Is there a way of achieving this through javascript?

Please give me pointers in this issue. TIA.

I would like to be able to create a php script to copy records meeting my criteria to a mysql database. The database will then be accessed through our website to get a list of our members.

I have been able to test connecting to SalesForce with php and pulling a list of contacts, but this uses one of the user names, passwords and tokens. I would like it to so that we never have to change the login information in the php script, unless major changes are made. What is the best way to connect to SalesForce and not have to worry about password and token expiration?
  • October 20, 2009
Hello Friends,

I have a requirement wherein i need to override the Standard Approval Process buttons like Recall, Submit to redirect to my custom VF page instead of going back to the standard detail page.

Does anyone know how can this be done either through apex or some other way?

Any help would be very useful.

Thanks

Message Edited by Cool_Devloper on 12-29-2008 11:26 AM