• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I downloaded and installed offline access for our users and created a new briefcase configuration for different users - but when users are in their set-up mode they can't select the briefcase configuration I created. I made sure to activate the briefcase configurations. Am I supposed to assign it to them? 

I had wanted to create a field dependency with a multi-select picklist as the controlling field. Salesforce support has informed me that this is impossible (if anyone knows otherwise - please let me know !) Instead I am trying to create a validation rule for this multiselect picklist "Relationship to GFN". If someone selects Super VIP i want it to be required that they also select an additional subcategory from another multiselect picklist.

so far i have started with this, but i know it's completely wrong:

IF( INCLUDES(Type_of_Contact__c, "Super VIP")

thanks!!

Hi,

I created a new field on our opportunity page called "Acknowledgement Name" and I want to set up the default value to be the Account Name that the opportunity is tied to, but in the formula editor for the defaul value i don't see Account Name at all - is this just impossible to do? or maybe can i set work a workflow rule or validation rule?

Thanks!

Hi,

I am trying to retroactively piece together our campaigns from 2009 that were not recorded properly. I added all the contacts that we sent a summer appeal to the campaign i created for the summer appeal. Now i was wondering if it is possible to run an advanced search on all of those contacts to find out all of their associated opportunities so i  determine which ones were a response to the appeal. Any ideas?

thanks!

Hi,

I am trying to create a validation rule that says if the Payment Type is a Check, then the fields Check Date and Check Number cannot be empty. this is what i have so far, but i keep getting an error message.

AND(
 NOT( NFG__Payment_Type__c,  "Check"),
 ISBLANK( Check_Number__c ))

Hi,

I am trying to create a workflow rule so that whenever the stage (which is a picklist) on an opportunity is changed to "Proposal Submitted" and custom field, Date Proposal Submitted, will be automatically populated with the current date. This is what I have but  I keep getting an error message that I can't decipher.

IF(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Proposal Submitted"), 
TODAY()  =  Date_Proposal_Submitted__c, null)

Error message: Error: Formula result is data type (Boolean), incompatible with expected data type (Date).

Thanks!

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows a formula I can use to create a workflow rule that will automatically populate the Salutation Field for Contacts with their First Name?

thanks!

I am new to s-controls and not sure if they can do this, but i was wondering if it is possible to create an s-control that will create and populate new contact when a person account is created?

thanks,

Nina

I would like to create a validation rule that requires users to choose a priority (a picklist field i have created) for their opportunities but have this only apply to certain types of opportunities.

I had wanted to create a field dependency with a multi-select picklist as the controlling field. Salesforce support has informed me that this is impossible (if anyone knows otherwise - please let me know !) Instead I am trying to create a validation rule for this multiselect picklist "Relationship to GFN". If someone selects Super VIP i want it to be required that they also select an additional subcategory from another multiselect picklist.

so far i have started with this, but i know it's completely wrong:

IF( INCLUDES(Type_of_Contact__c, "Super VIP")

thanks!!

Hi,

I created a new field on our opportunity page called "Acknowledgement Name" and I want to set up the default value to be the Account Name that the opportunity is tied to, but in the formula editor for the defaul value i don't see Account Name at all - is this just impossible to do? or maybe can i set work a workflow rule or validation rule?

Thanks!

Hi,

I am trying to retroactively piece together our campaigns from 2009 that were not recorded properly. I added all the contacts that we sent a summer appeal to the campaign i created for the summer appeal. Now i was wondering if it is possible to run an advanced search on all of those contacts to find out all of their associated opportunities so i  determine which ones were a response to the appeal. Any ideas?

thanks!

Hi,

I am trying to create a workflow rule so that whenever the stage (which is a picklist) on an opportunity is changed to "Proposal Submitted" and custom field, Date Proposal Submitted, will be automatically populated with the current date. This is what I have but  I keep getting an error message that I can't decipher.

IF(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Proposal Submitted"), 
TODAY()  =  Date_Proposal_Submitted__c, null)

Error message: Error: Formula result is data type (Boolean), incompatible with expected data type (Date).

Thanks!

I am new to s-controls and not sure if they can do this, but i was wondering if it is possible to create an s-control that will create and populate new contact when a person account is created?

thanks,

Nina

I would like to create a validation rule that requires users to choose a priority (a picklist field i have created) for their opportunities but have this only apply to certain types of opportunities.