• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Is there a way to set only one data record uneditable and undeleteble?

Should not be editable and deletable from anywhere (on the web, through any API and Dataloader).

I would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks

Arif

• March 29, 2011

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anybody had this sort of requirement? Just like the popular online tax forms, how can I save the content in a form to resume work later?

I plan to have series of screens/forms to collect data over a course of weeks. I would imagine when the user signs off for the day, he/she would "save" and the next day, he/she would enter in the Id and be lead to the existing online form to resume from where he/she left off.

I wanted to build this with VF flow and can see how it can be done, but the problem is addressing partially complete scenarios and how to recover from where the user left off.

Ideally, a plug-in to VF would be amazing, but I am limited in my APEX skills.

Can anyone provide a suggestion or workaround?

Thank u!

Daniel

Hello,

We are currently in an Iteration trying to develop a Custom Implementation of a Process Guidance Tool, and started to build something custom based on an advise that Flow has It's limitations which do not allow the following features

1. you can not save the state of a flow, 

2, you can not retrieve the state of a flow, based from saved data. 

3. You can not have advanced integrations to a flow such as, including it in Site.com and Adding Javascript, and action functions to the flow elements.

Can I request some input from the community to confirm or correct these assumptions please ?

Thanks in advance,

Gunish 

Hi,

Is there a way to set only one data record uneditable and undeleteble?

Should not be editable and deletable from anywhere (on the web, through any API and Dataloader).

I would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks

Arif

• March 29, 2011

I am trying to do a nested SOQL statement. I want to have a query that I order by descending to find the biggest number and then use that number to only find the records with that number. So one part of the nested query will find the largest number and then I will use that number to show only the records that have number.

I can find the value with this query

Select Height__c 

from Person__c

Order By Height__c desc limit 1 

Just wondering if i can get this value to compare the rest of the records and display the results thanks. 

Thanks  

Message Edited by intern2424 on 11-02-2009 07:36 AM