• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Looking for help on how to place the Mail Merge button on a Custom Object.
  • March 22, 2010

Is there a way to update a a custom field on an standard or custom object when the "User" object role has changed?  I don't see the option to do workflow rules based on Users in SFDC.

Example: We have a custom field in our Case object that pulls the role from the user record of the person who owns the case. However, we noticed when the person who owns the case, changed their role in the "User" object, the custom field stil maintained his old role in custom field we created to track the role of the owner.

I think someone once told me you can't do triggers on User records.

• March 16, 2010

Looking for sample templates org's use when their users request new fields in SFDC. Like a document the person requesting the new field would have to fill out explaining business needs, field name. etc.

thanks

• March 11, 2010

1. Anyone know why some custom fields are available for mail merge and others are not. We have a number of our custom objects not appearing as an option to merge into a document.

2. Has anyone been successful in merging data from three seperate objects simultaneously, i.e. Account, Contact and Custom Object (that is a look up to the Account).  Trying to pull data into our contracts via mail merge. Need to pull some account and contact info as well as a listing of products (custom object).

thanks,

• March 05, 2010

Trying to create a workflow rule that changes the Case Status to "Returned" if the Case Tier field is changed from Development to Tier. Below is the formula I created, but it's not working. I think I over thought this rule and made it more complex than it needs to be. Not sure how to simplfy it.

IF(AND(CaseTier__c =Tier 3,ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE(CaseTier__c), “Development”),"Returned", null)

Thanks,

p

• February 11, 2010

Want to create a "New Contact" button that is located directly on the Contact record. Can someone supply me with the code to create a new contact; so I can create the custom button.

thanks,

p

• November 16, 2009

Trying to create a workflow rule that changes the Case Status to "Returned" if the Case Tier field is changed from Development to Tier. Below is the formula I created, but it's not working. I think I over thought this rule and made it more complex than it needs to be. Not sure how to simplfy it.

IF(AND(CaseTier__c =Tier 3,ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE(CaseTier__c), “Development”),"Returned", null)

Thanks,

p

• February 11, 2010

Hi there!

1) I´m wondering if there is a good guide or tutorial about Mail Merge and Custom Objects.

2) What about the "MS Office Add-in" or "MS Word Add-In ", I've read some posts about it but I can't find anywhere. How do I get it?.

3) I want to create custom Word documents that pull data from custom objects fields, using Salesforce's Mail Merge functionality. Does anyone have a working example to share?

Any succesful implementation outhere??

Greetings.... and happy new year!!!