• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Looking for community input on recommendations or the best approach to merge the business process and data from one instance of Salesforce into another Salesforce instance.

Nothing to detailed, just high level approaches. Even better if anybody has had previous experience with this same scenario, or a method to do this. I am sure given the size and adoption of Salesforce over the years the process of a parent company performing a buyout of a smaller company and merging a Salesforce instance into another Salesforce instance has happened many times before. There has already been some preliminary analysis on Salesforce editions, accounts, and data to be merged.

C# Salesforce API LeadConvertResult returning RECORD_IN_USE_BY_WORKFLOW.

I have searched all over the internet and the Developer Discussion boards and found nothing on this subject for the Salesforce API. Hopefully I am not alone.

At a high level, all I am trying to accomplish is converting a recently created Lead and convert that Lead into an Account and Contact.

When I call LeadConvert with a valid Lead I want to convert; the LeadConvertResult() is always returned statusCode = RECORD_IN_USE_BY_WORKFLOW

public string ConvertLeadToContactForAccount(string accountId, Lead lead)
{
LeadConvert convert = new LeadConvert
{
accountId = accountId,
leadId = lead.Id,
overwriteLeadSource = false,
doNotCreateOpportunity = true,
sendNotificationEmail = false,
convertedStatus = "Qualified"
};

LeadConvertResult[] results = SforceProvider.Instance.ConvertLead(convert);

// one save result with status success returns true
if (results.Length == 1 && results[0].success)
return results[0].contactId;

return string.Empty;
}

The only item that is really jumping out at me is some form of custom workflow behind the scenes that I am missing? I am using the salesforcedotnet library, with some customization, the Enterpise WSDL, and the profile connecting to the API has full admin access to everything in Salesforce.

Looking for community input on recommendations or the best approach to merge the business process and data from one instance of Salesforce into another Salesforce instance.

Nothing to detailed, just high level approaches. Even better if anybody has had previous experience with this same scenario, or a method to do this. I am sure given the size and adoption of Salesforce over the years the process of a parent company performing a buyout of a smaller company and merging a Salesforce instance into another Salesforce instance has happened many times before. There has already been some preliminary analysis on Salesforce editions, accounts, and data to be merged.

C# Salesforce API LeadConvertResult returning RECORD_IN_USE_BY_WORKFLOW.

I have searched all over the internet and the Developer Discussion boards and found nothing on this subject for the Salesforce API. Hopefully I am not alone.

At a high level, all I am trying to accomplish is converting a recently created Lead and convert that Lead into an Account and Contact.

When I call LeadConvert with a valid Lead I want to convert; the LeadConvertResult() is always returned statusCode = RECORD_IN_USE_BY_WORKFLOW

public string ConvertLeadToContactForAccount(string accountId, Lead lead)
{
LeadConvert convert = new LeadConvert
{
accountId = accountId,
leadId = lead.Id,
overwriteLeadSource = false,
doNotCreateOpportunity = true,
sendNotificationEmail = false,
convertedStatus = "Qualified"
};

LeadConvertResult[] results = SforceProvider.Instance.ConvertLead(convert);

// one save result with status success returns true
if (results.Length == 1 && results[0].success)
return results[0].contactId;

return string.Empty;
}

The only item that is really jumping out at me is some form of custom workflow behind the scenes that I am missing? I am using the salesforcedotnet library, with some customization, the Enterpise WSDL, and the profile connecting to the API has full admin access to everything in Salesforce.