• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

We're currently looking for a Salesforce.com Administrator. This role will be responsible for

•  Ensuring business process is well supported through SFDC
  • Day to day administrative/data work
  • Development of new solutions
  •  Working with our Web Services group to both support existing and build new integrations with our forward facing web
  •  Special projects as they arrive

If you're interested please be in touch with a resume/cover - the job is located downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada. You must be legally able to work in Canada and ideally will be located in the GTA already.

Hi

I have a junction object called CaseIssue whith two master detail relationships. On one side is Case (Case_Number__c_) , on the other side is Issue (Issue_id__c).  This setup allows us to establish a many to many relationship between cases and issues. Pretty standard stuff.

I would like to ensure however, that we are not linking the same Issue record to a single case record more than once (and vice versa not linking the same Case record to a single Issue record more than once).

The first thing that ocurred to me was VLOOKUP, but I am unsure if this is right? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• March 16, 2010

Hi,

Looking through the support data model, you can see that cases and solutions are linked via a junction object, CaseSolution.

I've got a custom field on the solution object (lets call it solution.custom__c).

For Cases, we often want to send an email template which includes information about any solution attached to the case. I've noticed that when the email template is related to object 'Case' only Solution Description and Solution Details are available to me through the email template field drop downs and none of our custom objects are available. I assume this is due to the junction object.

So, my question, is there any reliable way for me to delve a little deeper into the fields of any given solution? Basically I want to build an email template related to cases which can reference custom fields of any solution which is attached to the case.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message Edited by Saltin on 02-23-2010 09:03 AM
  • February 23, 2010

Hi,

I have a field "support termination" which is a date field. What I'd like is to build a second field "Supported" and have it show yes/now or true/false based on the date in "support termination". If the support termination date is in the future, then return yes (or true). If it is in the past, then return no (or false). I would also like to account for situations where no date is in "support termination" and return no (or false).

Thanks for any help you might provide. I am a rookie with formulas.

• December 11, 2009

Hi,

I am looking for some guidance on how to change the status of a case to "updated by customer" when the customer sends an email reply to case. This rule cannot fire on the intial email the customer sends to create the case. I'm having difficulty figuring out which criteria I should use in this formula.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• December 04, 2009

Hi

I have a junction object called CaseIssue whith two master detail relationships. On one side is Case (Case_Number__c_) , on the other side is Issue (Issue_id__c).  This setup allows us to establish a many to many relationship between cases and issues. Pretty standard stuff.

I would like to ensure however, that we are not linking the same Issue record to a single case record more than once (and vice versa not linking the same Case record to a single Issue record more than once).

The first thing that ocurred to me was VLOOKUP, but I am unsure if this is right? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• March 16, 2010

Hi,

Looking through the support data model, you can see that cases and solutions are linked via a junction object, CaseSolution.

I've got a custom field on the solution object (lets call it solution.custom__c).

For Cases, we often want to send an email template which includes information about any solution attached to the case. I've noticed that when the email template is related to object 'Case' only Solution Description and Solution Details are available to me through the email template field drop downs and none of our custom objects are available. I assume this is due to the junction object.

So, my question, is there any reliable way for me to delve a little deeper into the fields of any given solution? Basically I want to build an email template related to cases which can reference custom fields of any solution which is attached to the case.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message Edited by Saltin on 02-23-2010 09:03 AM
  • February 23, 2010

Hi,

I have a field "support termination" which is a date field. What I'd like is to build a second field "Supported" and have it show yes/now or true/false based on the date in "support termination". If the support termination date is in the future, then return yes (or true). If it is in the past, then return no (or false). I would also like to account for situations where no date is in "support termination" and return no (or false).

Thanks for any help you might provide. I am a rookie with formulas.

• December 11, 2009

Hi,

I am looking for some guidance on how to change the status of a case to "updated by customer" when the customer sends an email reply to case. This rule cannot fire on the intial email the customer sends to create the case. I'm having difficulty figuring out which criteria I should use in this formula.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• December 04, 2009