• 155 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

This is the DAO I tried to set up. Is there an error for the class? I downloaded the MS JDBC driver (tried both versions 2.0 and 3.0). I added a CLASSPATH to my enviroment variables. Tried moving the sqljdbc.jar to the root and changing the CLASSPATH. Still the bean does not seem to find the jdbc driver. The log is below with the first error bolded.
<bean id="sqlServerDataSource"
      class="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.sqlserverdatasource"
      destroy-method="close"> 
    <property name="driverClassName" value="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.sqlserverdriver"/>
    <property name="url" value="jdbc:sqlserver://paassql01;database=PAAS;"/> 
    <property name="url" value="jdbc:sqlserver://paassql01;database=PAAS;integratedSecurity=true;"/> 
</bean>

Loading XML bean definitions from file [C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 21.0\bin\..\PAASPORTconf\database-conf.xml]

2011-05-12 20:51:14,891 FATAL [SFuserNamesToSQLtestusers] controller.Controller createDao (Controller.java:172) - Error creating data access object

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Error registering bean with name 'sqlServerDataSource' defined in file [C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 21.0\bin\..\PAASPORTconf\database-conf.xml]: Bean class [com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDataSource] not found; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDataSource

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDataSource

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:242)

at org.springframework.util.ClassUtils.forName(ClassUtils.java:108)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionReaderUtils.createBeanDefinition(BeanDefinitionReaderUtils.java:65)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parseBeanDefinitionElement(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:426)

• May 13, 2011

i hve two custom object

with lookup relationship obj2 has three record type,

when i m creating obj1 it should create three field according to recoed type.

trigger LicenceInsert on Licence__c (after insert) 
{
Licence__c c=new Licence__c ();
System.debug(trigger.new[0].id);
if(c.id !=null)
{
List<OtherActivity__c> OtherActivity= new List<OtherActivity__c>();
OtherActivity__c a=new OtherActivity__c();
a.RecordTypeId='01290000000TdtQAAS';
a.DatamigrationApplicable__c='Yes';
a.DMTypeOnboarding__c='Yes';
a.LicenceID__c='trigger.new[0].id';
a.MigrationType__c='free';
OtherActivity.add(a);
OtherActivity__c b=new OtherActivity__c();
b.RecordTypeId='01290000000TdtLAAS';
b.LicenceID__c='trigger.new[0].id';
b.PaidTraining__c='no';
b.TrainingType__c='onboarding';
OtherActivity.add(b);
OtherActivity__c t=new OtherActivity__c();
t.RecordTypeId='01290000000TdtGAAS';
t.LicenceID__c='trigger.new[0].id';
t.UserSetUPStatus__c='Create';
OtherActivity.add(t);
insert OtherActivity;
}
}
no error but it is not creating data according to record type
  • June 17, 2010

Ok so I have some data in a .Net DataTable object and I want to put this on a customers Salesforce.

I have the login details and I have my reference to the SF Partner API all setup.

I make my call to "DescribesObjects" so I know what fields are available on the account sObject type.

now what?

In the documentation it says its really easy ... all i need to do is declare an array of sforce.Account objects ... erm big flaw there ... the partner API does not have any of those ... only the base sObject type.

So lets start there ...

sObject obj = new sObject();

hmmm ... nothing to let me assign to fields?

So what now?

Hello there,

Here's what we are trying to do.....

We have an external system that creates selling documents that are loaded into SFDC. These documents are saved on the user's personal computer, There may be between 1 and 50 documents - or more - created.

The user uploads these documents to SFDC where they are attached to a custom object. The custom object is also designed to hold the value of specific meta data related to each document (e.g.. Document type, etc...).

To facilitate ease of use, we have created a Multi File Upload process using Flex. This allows the user to pick many files for batch uploads. These files are then attached to the custom object.

Since we cannot depend on any naming convention, the users then need to access each custom object and populate the meta data manually.

We would like to mechanize the population of the meta data.

Our plan is to create a bar code containing the meta data on each document during creation time. Then during the multi file upload process, we hope to decode the bar code and populate the meta data pragmatically. We are working on building an Active/x-COM object that decodes the bar code and returns the meta data values.

The key to this operation is for us to invoke the COM object from the flex program (or from APEX if that doesn't work).

Has anyone done something similar? Is COM a good choice for technology? Any advice available?
Thanks...

Rick Cummings │System Architect -- IT │SuperMedia LLC
T. 978-762-1747 │M. 603-401-2580 │F. 978-762-1655

Hi,

How can i change record type on a mass basis using data loader?

I have around 500 accounts that needs their record type to be changed to other value.

How can i accomplish this using a data loader or any other way possible.

Thanks in advance!

Sales4ce

Hi,

Can I create a user directly in sandbox?

Also, what will happen if I change the password of a User in sandbox and not production.

Thanks,

Hello,

I've got an issue with security settings.

For the different countries, I would like to have local admin to manage user creation, password reset, layout and so on.

But for those local admin, how can I restrict them to their own record type ID. I've uncheck the view and modify all, but it still allow the local admin to check the data for the other record type.

Did someone know if it's possible to do it and how ?

Hi,

I have a ASP.NET application, currently its in the server. I have created a salesforce developer account, and built a visualsource page, I need to display some rows from a SQL server database, currently residing in a server.

Please, let me know, what are the steps I should take to achieve this goal.

Regards

Prithiraj Sengupta

This is the DAO I tried to set up. Is there an error for the class? I downloaded the MS JDBC driver (tried both versions 2.0 and 3.0). I added a CLASSPATH to my enviroment variables. Tried moving the sqljdbc.jar to the root and changing the CLASSPATH. Still the bean does not seem to find the jdbc driver. The log is below with the first error bolded.
<bean id="sqlServerDataSource"
      class="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.sqlserverdatasource"
      destroy-method="close"> 
    <property name="driverClassName" value="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.sqlserverdriver"/>
    <property name="url" value="jdbc:sqlserver://paassql01;database=PAAS;"/> 
    <property name="url" value="jdbc:sqlserver://paassql01;database=PAAS;integratedSecurity=true;"/> 
</bean>

Loading XML bean definitions from file [C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 21.0\bin\..\PAASPORTconf\database-conf.xml]

2011-05-12 20:51:14,891 FATAL [SFuserNamesToSQLtestusers] controller.Controller createDao (Controller.java:172) - Error creating data access object

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Error registering bean with name 'sqlServerDataSource' defined in file [C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 21.0\bin\..\PAASPORTconf\database-conf.xml]: Bean class [com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDataSource] not found; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDataSource

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDataSource

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:242)

at org.springframework.util.ClassUtils.forName(ClassUtils.java:108)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionReaderUtils.createBeanDefinition(BeanDefinitionReaderUtils.java:65)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parseBeanDefinitionElement(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:426)

• May 13, 2011

So I have the Data Loader running an integration between my MSSQL 2005 server and Salesforce.com.  My issue is when the original developers that I have since replaced did this they were on Data Loader 16, currently 21.  I want to get the Data Loader working at the newest version.  My issue is that I know the connectors are not correct.  Does anyone know where I can find example database config and config.conf files for SalesForce.com to SQL Server?  The one included with the data loader is a java one.

A user connected their Blackberry Storm to the SFDC Org using Mobile Lite - no problem.  The user now has a new iPhone and when trying to load Salesforce Mobile from the App Store and activate, they get the following message:

This account has been locked to another device.  Please contact your Salesforce administrator to all this new activation.

Does the administrator need to delete the configuration for the Blackberry to allow the iPhone to activate?

Hi,

I Want to display the custom google maps in visual force page. please any one help me how to generate custom google map url and how to display the google map in visual force page..

Thank you,

Lakshmi

I am new to this data migration section.

I am using two different developer edition.

when I try to export the attachments from one developer login, it is exported.
when I try to import that attachments in to another developer login, it showing an error.

if any body knows please let me know.

• March 10, 2011

I have textbox which has a decimal  value fetched from controller. I need to show the value with 2 zero's after decimal point. Currently its displaying just 1 zero.

<apex:inputText styleclass="tb2" value="{!a.TimeCardObj.Monday_Hours__c}"/>

Thanks

Prady

• February 14, 2011

I understand that the Blackberry and Android app for Chatter is coming out soon (i think), but I have checked the Android Market for apps and I noticed a couple of apps that support Chatter.

One of them is Seesimic by Seesmic that mentions it supports Chatter along with Twitter and Google Buzz and the other is called Chatter by Moe Khan.

Has anyone had any experience with either one of these apps?

I have seen many code samples here using binding.xxxxx - everytime I have tried this I get "The name binding does not exist in this context".

Sample code I am using (and I put Using System.data at top)

Account account1 = new Account();
            Account account2 = new Account();
            // Set some fields on the account1 object. Name field is not set
            // so this record should fail as it is a required field.

account1.BillingCity = "Wichita";
            account1.BillingCountry = "US";
            account1.BillingState = "KA";
            account1.BillingStreet = "4322 Haystack Boulevard";
            account1.BillingPostalCode = "87901";
            // Set some fields on the account2 object
            account2.Name = "Golden Straw";
            account2.BillingCity = "Oakland";
            account2.BillingCountry = "US";
            account2.BillingState = "CA";
            account2.BillingStreet = "666 Raiders Boulevard";
            account2.BillingPostalCode = "97502";
            // Create an array of SObjects to hold the accounts
            sObject[] accounts = new sObject[2];
            // Add the accounts to the SObject array
            accounts[0] = account1;
            accounts[1] = account2;
            // Invoke the create() call

SaveResult[] saveResults = binding.create(accounts);

Requirement is to take a  filed such as RMA# and convert it into a barcode .I did Try the demo video posted 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5WQmNSN05s

But when i try i iam getting an empty screen , 

Any suggestion?

• July 16, 2010

Hi,

Can we create Bar charts in visualforce email templates?

Please let me know if this is feasible.

Thanks.

--Asif

• July 02, 2010

How do we do this?  Enabling Chatter in our org with the default settings is going to cause a sh!tstorm of clutter due to the high volume of cases, leads, contacts, and accounts we have.  Each one of our support agents creates 30-50 cases per day, which would all be auto-followed, along with the contacts they create for those cases, and potentially any accounts created for those contacts, if we were to track changes on all 3 objects.  I want to phase in Chatter with the social aspects first, and then gradually add in the object tracking later (but still don't want the "follow everything I create" stuff going on at all).

Thanks!

/p

i hve two custom object

with lookup relationship obj2 has three record type,

when i m creating obj1 it should create three field according to recoed type.

trigger LicenceInsert on Licence__c (after insert) 
{
Licence__c c=new Licence__c ();
System.debug(trigger.new[0].id);
if(c.id !=null)
{
List<OtherActivity__c> OtherActivity= new List<OtherActivity__c>();
OtherActivity__c a=new OtherActivity__c();
a.RecordTypeId='01290000000TdtQAAS';
a.DatamigrationApplicable__c='Yes';
a.DMTypeOnboarding__c='Yes';
a.LicenceID__c='trigger.new[0].id';
a.MigrationType__c='free';
OtherActivity.add(a);
OtherActivity__c b=new OtherActivity__c();
b.RecordTypeId='01290000000TdtLAAS';
b.LicenceID__c='trigger.new[0].id';
b.PaidTraining__c='no';
b.TrainingType__c='onboarding';
OtherActivity.add(b);
OtherActivity__c t=new OtherActivity__c();
t.RecordTypeId='01290000000TdtGAAS';
t.LicenceID__c='trigger.new[0].id';
t.UserSetUPStatus__c='Create';
OtherActivity.add(t);
insert OtherActivity;
}
}
no error but it is not creating data according to record type
  • June 17, 2010

Hello,

How can I print a Double on my VF page to one decimal place?  Using format returns the number with 3 decimal points.

AT

Ok so I have some data in a .Net DataTable object and I want to put this on a customers Salesforce.

I have the login details and I have my reference to the SF Partner API all setup.

I make my call to "DescribesObjects" so I know what fields are available on the account sObject type.

now what?

In the documentation it says its really easy ... all i need to do is declare an array of sforce.Account objects ... erm big flaw there ... the partner API does not have any of those ... only the base sObject type.

So lets start there ...

sObject obj = new sObject();

hmmm ... nothing to let me assign to fields?

So what now?