• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello All,

Has anyone used the "Assign To Myself" package that creates a button allowing a user to assign a case to themselves?

I've installed the package and it works, but doesn't quite behave like I was expecting.  The button does, as advertised, assign the case to the user logged in.  However, instead of remaining in Console tab, it then open the case in the same screen under the Cases tab. 

Has anyone been able to change the S Control to allow the case to repopulate in Console?

Thanks!

Michael

• September 14, 2012

Hi All,

I'm having a tough time composing a validation rule.

We have three custom fields on our case page that restricts an order from going through if an account has certain requirements - Credit Card Only, Purchase Order Only, Cannot Order Supplies.  These fields are formula fields and pulled from the account page:  

Account_Requires_CC__c    (TRUE/FALSE)
Account_Requires_PO__c    (TRUE/FALSE)         
Account_Requires_No_Supplies__c    (TRUE/FALSE)

In some cases, Account_Requires_CC__c and Account_Requires_PO__c could both be true, because the account requires either a PO or a CC to be used on order.

I wrote this rule, but I am recieving errors that it isn't valid:

IF(
(AND(Account_Requires_PO__c = "TRUE"), (Account_Requires_CC__c = "TRUE"),
ISPICKVAL ( Payment_Type__c  , "Open Account" )),
OR( PO__c = "",  CC__c ="")

In my mind, the rule says that if both Account_Requires_CC__c and Account_Requires_PO__c are TRUE and the pick value Payment_Type__c is "Open Account", and either the PO__c field or the CC_c fields are blank, then the forumula would be true and an error message would flag.

Is my logic incorrect?  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Mike

Hi All,

Our company provides support to another company that requires us to close work orders out with them at the end of each day, if we were able to resolve their issue over the phone.  We currently call these work order closeouts in to the company, but they would now like us to email them in. 

I know that I could put a check box or workflow that sends a single email to to them every time the criteria is met (resolved over the phone = yes and status = closed, etc), but they want a single email at the end of each day with a list of these work orders, not multiple emails.

Does anyone do anything similar?  How did you implement it?  I'm familiar with validation rules, formulas, workflow rules, email templates, etc, etc, but I am not good with advanced programming.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Mike

Hi All,

I'm wanting to create a custom link that copies the shipping address and account name from the Account to the Case.  This is somewhat similar to what is done internaly on on the billing/shipping fields on the account page.

Has anyone done this?  Is it succesful?  Anyone willing to share some code examples or best practices?

Thank You!

Mike

Hi All,

We would like to change how an order (case) is handled.  Right now, an order is saved and closed.  The act of closing the order sends it to our parts department. 

We'd like to change that process.  I'm looking to create a custom button that updates a custom field and saves the case.

Clicking on the button would:

1) Update the custom picklist field "Order_Submission_Status__c" with the value "Submitted"

2) Save the part order (case).

3) Display an alert that the order was submitted to the Parts Department.

Can someone point me in the right direction?  I am a Salesforce admin, but not even remotely close to a programmer!

Thanks!

Mike

Good Evening, All,

I know that I am missing something simple here, but I don't know just what that simple is :-)

I am trying to create a validation rule that won't allow specific parts to be ordered when a specific drop down box field is chosen on a part order.  Part Orders are cases, while the individual parts are custom objects.

Here is the rule I have in place:

AND
(BEGINS( $RecordType.Name , "Part/Supply Order"),
ISPICKVAL(Order_Type__c, "Parts"), OR(
(Part_1__c = "09-5000 (Lids, Case (1000)" ),
(Part_1__c = "09-1100 (Straws, 300 Count Package)" ),
(Part_1__c = "09-5200 (Spoons, 1000/Case)" ),
(Part_1__c = "09-1406 (Test Kit, Sanitizer)" ),
(Part_1__c = "09-1410-A (Sanitizer Kit, Standard)" )))

The goal is to have an error displayed when a Party/Supply Order case record type is saved, the value "Parts" is selected in the drop down field "Order Type" and then one of the listed parts is put in the Part 1 field.  The "Part 1" field is a lookup field for the parts custom object.

Any thoughts?

It seemed so easy and straighforward, but it apparently isn't!

Thanks!

Mike

• September 01, 2011

Hi All,

I am trying to write a Field Update formula for our Account page.   I need a field called "Total_Locations_c" to have a value of "1", unless a field called "Account_Site_c" is "Corporate.  If the "Account_Site_c" field is "Corporate", then the "Total_Locations_c" can be any value.

For the life of me, I cannot get this done.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Good Morning, All,

My company uses Email2Case to generate cases in our Queue.  Currently, we have workflow rules set in place to email every agent in the support group when a Queue case is created.   This works well, but cluters up everyone's email inboxes.  What we are trying to do is send these email notifications only during non-business/on call hours, and allowing the Queue to be monitored during the day by the support agents. 

We set up On Call Business Hours, hoping to reference those in any workflow rules, but that is not apparently possible.  We then tried to use Escalation Rules, which does seem to partially work.  However, the Escalation Actions only allow for email notification after 30 minutes, which is too long for our application. 

Does anyone have additional ideas or thoughts on how to implement what we are trying to do?

Thanks!

Mike

Hi All,

Hopefull what I am trying to do here makes sense to someone!

We have a small Java app that we use to monitor the status of our equipment in the field.  Is it possible to create a tab within Salesforce where this java app can run?

Thanks!

Mike

Hi All,

We utilize the Master Parent, Parent and Child relationships for our accounts.  All of our child accounts have a custom date field that we use to indicate when they first began service with us.

It is at all possible to create a Forumula to look at all of the Parent's child accounts and pull the the eariest date from the child's custom date field?

For example,

Parent A

Child 1 - Start Date 1/1/2010

Child 2 - Start Date 6/30/2010

Child 3 - Start Date 8/2/2010

The forumla would pull 1/1/2010 as the start date (since it is the earliest of the three) and put that as the start date for the Parent account.

Any ideas if this is possible through a formula?

Thanks!

Good Morning, All,

It is my first day back from vacation, but apparently my Salesforce knowledge is apparently still on vacation.

I am trying to create a simple (I thought) validation rule that require the standard "Name" field and the custom field "Corporate Name" match exactly, but only if the standard field "Parent Account Name" is blank.

I came up with:

AND(
ISNULL( Parent.Name),
(Name <> Corporate_Name__c ))

That did not work.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Hi All,

Our customer support agents provide an activation code to our customers when they are activating a piece of equipment.  The activation code is based off of the Asset's serial number, which is in Salesforce.  We use the below chart to decode the serial number:

0->A
1->F
2->T
3->L
4->G
5->P
6->Z
7->N
8->Q
9->S

For example, a serial number might be 12345D.  We drop the "D" and use 12345.  The Activation Code in this case would be FTLGP.

Is there a way to create a Formula Field, Filed Update workflow, etc, to create a filed that decodes this serial number for us automatically?

Thanks!

Good Morning, All,

I am pulling what little hair I have left out on this one.  We use a custom formula field to update a field on our support cases with the account's warranty service provider.  We have one account that uses their own company to do warranty work, other's are based on state and now we have Canadian locations to add into the mix.  Everything works well except the Canada accounts.  We get "Unknown" on our custom field in the Canadian Accounts.  Any ideas?  We tried a couple different approaches for the Canada locations, but nothing works.

Here is the formula:

------------------------------

IF(CONTAINS("ABC Company", Corporate_Name__c ), "N/A",
IF(AND(ShippingCountry = "Canada", ShippingCity ="Acton:Ajax:Ancaster:Aurora:Barrie:Bolton:Brampton:Burlington:Caledon:Cambridge:Collingwood:East York:Etobicoke:Fergus:Guelph:Georgetown:Hamilton:Kitchener:Markham:Milton:Mississauga:Newmarket:North York:Oakville:Orangeville:Oshawa:Pickering:Richmond Hill:Scarborough:Agincourt:Toronto:Weston:Whitby:Willowdale:Woodbridge"), "Service Company 1",
IF (AND (ShippingCountry = "Canada",
CONTAINS (ShippingCity, "Aylmer:Chatham:Corunna:Delhi:Exeter:Forest:Glencoe:Grand Bend:Ingersoll:London:Mount Brydges:Norwich:Petrolia:Port Stanley:Ridgetown:Sarnia:St. Marys:St. Thomas:Stratford:Tavistock:Thamesford:Tillsonburg:Watford:Woodstock")), "Service Company 2",
IF(CONTAINS("FL:NH:MA", ShippingState), "Service Company A",
IF(CONTAINS("CA:NJ", ShippingState), "Service Company B",
IF(CONTAINS("AK:AZ:HA:NV:NM:OR:UT:WA:CO:ID:MT:KS:OK:TX:WY:NY:PA:AL:AR:DC:DE:KY:LA:MD:MS:TN:VA:WV:IL:IA:MI:MN:MO:NE:ND:SD:WI:ME:VT:CT:RI:OH:IN:NC:SC:GA", ShippingState), "Service Company C","Unknown"))))))

----------------------------------

Thank you in advance.  You help is much appreciated!

Hi All,

We are setting up Email To Case.  Everything is set up for customers to email us.  However, the cases won't create due to validation rules that certain fields must be filled out.  Without disabling these validation rules, how can we bypass them for Email To Case to work?

Thanks!

Mike

Hi All,

We are trying to mimic the "Copy Billing Address to Shipping Address Address Information" standard link that is available on the account page.

We currently create a record type called a "Case" when a customer calls us for support.  We occasionally have to copy the account's shipping address information into a custom field so that we can dispatch service out.

What we are trying to do is create a button or link that copies the linked account's shipping information into the case's custom field.  We could use other means to populate this field, but sometimes we don't want to use the account's shipping information, so we need the flexibility to type in a different address if needed.

Mike

Good Evening,

We use a custom formula field to update a field on our support cases with the account's warranty service provider.  We have one account that uses their own company to do warranty work, so I need that account to be updated differently.  Here is what I have:

IF(ISBLANK(ShippingState), "Unknown", IF (CONTAINS("Canada", ShippingCountry ), "ABC Co", IF(CONTAINS("FL", ShippingState), "DEF Co", IF(CONTAINS("CA:NJ", ShippingState), "GHI Co", IF(CONTAINS("AK:AZ:HA:NV:NM:OR:UT:WA:CO:ID:MT:KS:OK:TX:WY:NY:PA:AL:AR:DC:DE:KY:LA:MD:MS:TN:VA:WV:IL:IA:MI:MN:MO:NE:ND:SD:WI:ME:NH:VT:CT:MA:RI:OH:IN:NC:SC:GA", ShippingState), "JKL Co", IF (CONTAINS("XYYCompany", Name ), "N/A", "Unknown"))))))

The code works well, except that the XYYCompany account is still updated with the warranty service provider based on the State.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thank you!

Good Morning, All,

We currently use a custom forumula field called "Warranty Dispatch Provider" on our Accounts page to display the service provider that we need to dispatch for each specific account.  We base this off of the shipping state for each account.

Our formula is as follows:

IF(ISBLANK(ShippingState), "None",
IF(CONTAINS("AK:AZ:CA:HA:NV:NM:OR:UT:WA", ShippingState), "ABC Repair Company",
IF(CONTAINS("CO:ID:MT:KS:OK:TX:WY", ShippingState), "DEF Repair Company",
IF(CONTAINS("CT:ME:MA:NH:NY:PA:RI:VT", ShippingState), "GHI Repair Company",
IF(CONTAINS("AL:AR:DC:DE:FL:GA:KY:LA:MD:MS:NC:NJ:SC:TN:VA:WV", ShippingState), "JKL Repair Company",
IF(CONTAINS("IL:IN:IA:MI:MN:MO:NE:ND:OH:SD:WI", ShippingState), "MNO Repair Company", "Unknown"))))))

Our company has grown larger and we now need to start using Zip Code as the criteria instead of the State.  However, with 8,000 zipcodes for just one single repair company, our custom formula field is not feasible.

Does anyone have ideas on how we could implement and maintain a zip code based system?

Thank you in advance!

Hi All,

Our company provides support to another company that requires us to close work orders out with them at the end of each day, if we were able to resolve their issue over the phone.  We currently call these work order closeouts in to the company, but they would now like us to email them in. 

I know that I could put a check box or workflow that sends a single email to to them every time the criteria is met (resolved over the phone = yes and status = closed, etc), but they want a single email at the end of each day with a list of these work orders, not multiple emails.

Does anyone do anything similar?  How did you implement it?  I'm familiar with validation rules, formulas, workflow rules, email templates, etc, etc, but I am not good with advanced programming.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Mike

Hi All,

I'm wanting to create a custom link that copies the shipping address and account name from the Account to the Case.  This is somewhat similar to what is done internaly on on the billing/shipping fields on the account page.

Has anyone done this?  Is it succesful?  Anyone willing to share some code examples or best practices?

Thank You!

Mike

Good Evening, All,

I know that I am missing something simple here, but I don't know just what that simple is :-)

I am trying to create a validation rule that won't allow specific parts to be ordered when a specific drop down box field is chosen on a part order.  Part Orders are cases, while the individual parts are custom objects.

Here is the rule I have in place:

AND
(BEGINS( $RecordType.Name , "Part/Supply Order"),
ISPICKVAL(Order_Type__c, "Parts"), OR(
(Part_1__c = "09-5000 (Lids, Case (1000)" ),
(Part_1__c = "09-1100 (Straws, 300 Count Package)" ),
(Part_1__c = "09-5200 (Spoons, 1000/Case)" ),
(Part_1__c = "09-1406 (Test Kit, Sanitizer)" ),
(Part_1__c = "09-1410-A (Sanitizer Kit, Standard)" )))

The goal is to have an error displayed when a Party/Supply Order case record type is saved, the value "Parts" is selected in the drop down field "Order Type" and then one of the listed parts is put in the Part 1 field.  The "Part 1" field is a lookup field for the parts custom object.

Any thoughts?

It seemed so easy and straighforward, but it apparently isn't!

Thanks!

Mike

• September 01, 2011

Hi All,

I am trying to write a Field Update formula for our Account page.   I need a field called "Total_Locations_c" to have a value of "1", unless a field called "Account_Site_c" is "Corporate.  If the "Account_Site_c" field is "Corporate", then the "Total_Locations_c" can be any value.

For the life of me, I cannot get this done.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi All,

We utilize the Master Parent, Parent and Child relationships for our accounts.  All of our child accounts have a custom date field that we use to indicate when they first began service with us.

It is at all possible to create a Forumula to look at all of the Parent's child accounts and pull the the eariest date from the child's custom date field?

For example,

Parent A

Child 1 - Start Date 1/1/2010

Child 2 - Start Date 6/30/2010

Child 3 - Start Date 8/2/2010

The forumla would pull 1/1/2010 as the start date (since it is the earliest of the three) and put that as the start date for the Parent account.

Any ideas if this is possible through a formula?

Thanks!

Good Morning, All,

It is my first day back from vacation, but apparently my Salesforce knowledge is apparently still on vacation.

I am trying to create a simple (I thought) validation rule that require the standard "Name" field and the custom field "Corporate Name" match exactly, but only if the standard field "Parent Account Name" is blank.

I came up with:

AND(
ISNULL( Parent.Name),
(Name <> Corporate_Name__c ))

That did not work.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Hi All,

Our customer support agents provide an activation code to our customers when they are activating a piece of equipment.  The activation code is based off of the Asset's serial number, which is in Salesforce.  We use the below chart to decode the serial number:

0->A
1->F
2->T
3->L
4->G
5->P
6->Z
7->N
8->Q
9->S

For example, a serial number might be 12345D.  We drop the "D" and use 12345.  The Activation Code in this case would be FTLGP.

Is there a way to create a Formula Field, Filed Update workflow, etc, to create a filed that decodes this serial number for us automatically?

Thanks!

Good Morning, All,

I am pulling what little hair I have left out on this one.  We use a custom formula field to update a field on our support cases with the account's warranty service provider.  We have one account that uses their own company to do warranty work, other's are based on state and now we have Canadian locations to add into the mix.  Everything works well except the Canada accounts.  We get "Unknown" on our custom field in the Canadian Accounts.  Any ideas?  We tried a couple different approaches for the Canada locations, but nothing works.

Here is the formula:

------------------------------

IF(CONTAINS("ABC Company", Corporate_Name__c ), "N/A",
IF(AND(ShippingCountry = "Canada", ShippingCity ="Acton:Ajax:Ancaster:Aurora:Barrie:Bolton:Brampton:Burlington:Caledon:Cambridge:Collingwood:East York:Etobicoke:Fergus:Guelph:Georgetown:Hamilton:Kitchener:Markham:Milton:Mississauga:Newmarket:North York:Oakville:Orangeville:Oshawa:Pickering:Richmond Hill:Scarborough:Agincourt:Toronto:Weston:Whitby:Willowdale:Woodbridge"), "Service Company 1",
IF (AND (ShippingCountry = "Canada",
CONTAINS (ShippingCity, "Aylmer:Chatham:Corunna:Delhi:Exeter:Forest:Glencoe:Grand Bend:Ingersoll:London:Mount Brydges:Norwich:Petrolia:Port Stanley:Ridgetown:Sarnia:St. Marys:St. Thomas:Stratford:Tavistock:Thamesford:Tillsonburg:Watford:Woodstock")), "Service Company 2",
IF(CONTAINS("FL:NH:MA", ShippingState), "Service Company A",
IF(CONTAINS("CA:NJ", ShippingState), "Service Company B",
IF(CONTAINS("AK:AZ:HA:NV:NM:OR:UT:WA:CO:ID:MT:KS:OK:TX:WY:NY:PA:AL:AR:DC:DE:KY:LA:MD:MS:TN:VA:WV:IL:IA:MI:MN:MO:NE:ND:SD:WI:ME:VT:CT:RI:OH:IN:NC:SC:GA", ShippingState), "Service Company C","Unknown"))))))

----------------------------------

Thank you in advance.  You help is much appreciated!

Hi All,

We are setting up Email To Case.  Everything is set up for customers to email us.  However, the cases won't create due to validation rules that certain fields must be filled out.  Without disabling these validation rules, how can we bypass them for Email To Case to work?

Thanks!

Mike

One of our email workflow rules was triggered but the email was never received.  We pulled an email log and noticed that in one day 6 emails from different email alerts went to ValidationQueue@salesforce.com.  Has anyone have this issue?
Message Edited by hhuie on 02-25-2010 10:02 AM
  • February 25, 2010