• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I’ve created two custom objects that relate to the Opportunity object.  Once is called “Plans” and the other is called “Evaluations”.  I’ve created a Master-Detail relationship between the new objects and the Opportunity object. I am trying to create a single report that will show me some details (read fields) for each Opportunity that pulls a couple fields from Plans and a couple fields from Evaluations.  I appear to be able to run a single report where I can show Opportunities and Plan fields or Opportunities and Evaluation fields, but I can’t seem to find a way to create a report that shows fields from all three of them.  Is there a way to accomplish this? If so, would you please share your thoughts on how to do it?

Thanks!

I’ve created a new custom object that relates to the Opportunity object called "Plans".  I am trying to run a report to show me all of the Opportunities that don't have a Plan created.  I have been able to create a report that shows Opportunities with Plans, but I haven't been able to figure out the logic for the opposite scenario.  I tried to filter the Opportunities where the Plan Name equals blank or null, but that doesn't return any results. I suppose that will only work when a plan has actually been created and the name field is blank. What is the logic that I would need to use to make this report return the correct results?

Thanks.

I’ve created a new custom object that relates to the Opportunity object.  I only want there to be one entry per Opportunity. I'd like to find a way to limit the relationship to be 1:1 only.  I’ve created a Master-Detail relationship between the new object and the Opportunity object, but that doesn’t appear to limit the entries for the relationship. What settings or methods can I use to make this work?

Thanks.

I want to create a new custom object that relates to the Opportunity object.  I only want there to be one entry per Opportunity. I'd like to find a way to limit the relationship to be 1:1 only.  I’ve created a Master-Detail relationship between the new object and the Opportunity object, but that doesn’t appear to limit the entries for the relationship. What settings or methods can I use to make this work?

Thanks.

I am trying to use a nested IF statement to evaluate two other fields and give a result. Each of the other fields give a results of "Low", "Medium" and "High".  There are nine possible combinations to evaluate. I am trying to evaluate each combination and give a percentage result. When I try to check the syntax of this formula I keep getting error messages telling me I have a Syntax Error that I am missing or that the compiled formula is too large.

Here's my current forumula:

IF(AND(Field_A="Low",Field_B="Low"), 0.15,
IF(AND(Field_A="Medium",Field_B="Low"), 0.25,
IF(AND(Field_A="High",Field_B="Low"), 0.30, null)))

I get the "Compiled formula is too big to execute" error when I try to check the syntax. Is there something wrong with my syntax or is there a way to use the CASE statement or any other approach to make this work?

I'm trying to auto name a record as it's created. I want to combine the account name and the current date and use that as the name.

The code snip below does work but the date is too complex. How do I get just the mm/dd/yyyy to show?

for(Account a:accountList) {
                  //set your field values here.
   c.Name = a.Name + ' ' + date.today();
   c.Account_Executive__c = a.owner.FirstName + ' ' + a.owner.LastName;
   c.Region__c = a.Region__c;
   c.RME_Date__c = date.today();

I'm trying to create a workflow so that I'm notified 5 days prior to my Contact's birthdate.  I'm currently using the formula LEN( TEXT( PersonBirthdate )) <> 0 that alerts me only on the actual birthdate.

Please help.

• August 26, 2010

Is there a way to make a button change what is in a field?  Like a button that labeled "Send Order" to change a field with a drop down list of "1,2,3,4" of 1 as the default to 4.  Pressing the button would change the field from 1 to 4.

Thanks,

Sean

• August 13, 2010

I’ve created two custom objects that relate to the Opportunity object.  Once is called “Plans” and the other is called “Evaluations”.  I’ve created a Master-Detail relationship between the new objects and the Opportunity object. I am trying to create a single report that will show me some details (read fields) for each Opportunity that pulls a couple fields from Plans and a couple fields from Evaluations.  I appear to be able to run a single report where I can show Opportunities and Plan fields or Opportunities and Evaluation fields, but I can’t seem to find a way to create a report that shows fields from all three of them.  Is there a way to accomplish this? If so, would you please share your thoughts on how to do it?

Thanks!

I want to create a new custom object that relates to the Opportunity object.  I only want there to be one entry per Opportunity. I'd like to find a way to limit the relationship to be 1:1 only.  I’ve created a Master-Detail relationship between the new object and the Opportunity object, but that doesn’t appear to limit the entries for the relationship. What settings or methods can I use to make this work?

Thanks.

I am trying to use a nested IF statement to evaluate two other fields and give a result. Each of the other fields give a results of "Low", "Medium" and "High".  There are nine possible combinations to evaluate. I am trying to evaluate each combination and give a percentage result. When I try to check the syntax of this formula I keep getting error messages telling me I have a Syntax Error that I am missing or that the compiled formula is too large.

Here's my current forumula:

IF(AND(Field_A="Low",Field_B="Low"), 0.15,
IF(AND(Field_A="Medium",Field_B="Low"), 0.25,
IF(AND(Field_A="High",Field_B="Low"), 0.30, null)))

I get the "Compiled formula is too big to execute" error when I try to check the syntax. Is there something wrong with my syntax or is there a way to use the CASE statement or any other approach to make this work?

Could use a little help here from the masters on this board . . . we have a discount approval process that uses an Object related to Opportunities.  Our order management folks really want the Opportunity Owner's name to be reflected on the Object itself (Approval Request Form).  Looking at the Opportunity itself is apparently too hard or requires extra steps.  Whatever!

Anyway . . . seems like it should be an easy thing to do but all I have been able to do is create a formula field that can pull in the Opportunity "Owner ID"--which means nothing to the people who need to see it.  I really need a field that can automatically show the actual Opportunity Owner Name in text on the Approval Form so order management can see "Bob Smith" instead of "00530000000diZm".

I'm sure there is probably something simple I am missing.  But how in the world do I get the name to show up in a field on that Approval Form?  Is there a formula function that "translates" the ID and can do that?  I'm pretty stumped.

• September 15, 2009

I know how to set up auto numbers with letters in SF and I know how to set up a concatenation in a formula for SF. But I need to combine the auto number and fields to create a unique purchase order number. What would the formula be?

Basic Example:

"SC"&&(Salesforcefield)&&{AUTONUMBER}  I don't know how to include an autonumber.

Basically I want the PO to start with SC, have a SF field in the PO and then end with a counting number.

SCWMI1001   or SCASR1002 or SCASR1003

Thank you in advance.

• June 26, 2009
Hello,

I took the 401 Developer class back in September and I recall the instructor saying something about how Roll-up Summary Fields can be used to enforce a 1:1 relationship between two objects. I have a custom object, Membership__c, which has a master-detail relationship to Accounts. I only want there to be one record in Membership__c for each Account.

Is there a way that I can put a RSF in Account, and if the RSF>1 then... (that's the part I can't recall). Would it be a workflow rule? I tried doing that, but then didn't see how I could enforce an error message.

Or since this is a 1:1, would best practices be to simply add those fields to Account (since we get 500 fields) - it just seemed like a lot of clutter since some of the Accounts aren't members.

Or would this have to be done with Apex code?

Many thanks,
Kim
Could somebody please let me how I can update field value with the use of a custom button?

• March 22, 2008