• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi there, 

New to all of this so hope someone has the patience to help me. I'm trying to create a validation rule for a pick list that I have created myself.

The picklist is called Customer Mood and there are three choices in the pick list, Married, Married with Problems and They Want a Divorce. I want to ensure that my companies users have to choose one of the choices available in order to save the record. I'd be very grateful for anyones help on this. Thanks in advance,

Alex  

I am looking for the best suggestion to accomplish a summary of the amount of opportunities at the contact level.

I know that it's easy to get a summary of the amount of opportunities at the account level. But, I need to get a summary at the contact level. I tried creating a report summary field but I can't filter the field. Any ideas??

Thanks!

Is their a way to create a formula that would do the following:

When on the opportunity page Save is it hit, can a box pop up asking if the opportunity is a deal to close (which is a checkbox on the page)?

My sales staff always forgets to check the box so a reminder would be great.

Thanks to anyone who could help!

I am merging my salesforce data into a Word document, but the date is coming out in a MM/DD/YY format, whereas I want it to spell out the date (eg. February 10, 2010).  I have already tried the {\@ "MMMM d, yyyy"} formatting that Word suggests, but the format still isn't changed when I merge my data into the document. 

Here is what my date field looks like:

{ MERGEFIELD OPPORTUNITY_CLOSE_DATE \@ "MMMM d, yyyy" }

but again, the dates come out looking like MM/dd/yy.  Does anyone know another way I can try to change the date formatting?

I am looking for the best suggestion to accomplish a summary of the amount of opportunities at the contact level.

I know that it's easy to get a summary of the amount of opportunities at the account level. But, I need to get a summary at the contact level. I tried creating a report summary field but I can't filter the field. Any ideas??

Thanks!

I have a picklist for different types of service that are offered:

Web Design

Search Marketing

SEO

Maintenance

I have a second picklist for billing options, with options dependent on the above picklist:

Prepay Invoice

Post-pay Invoice

Prepay Credit

Post-pay Credit

If Web Design is selected, there are multiple billing options in the second picklist.

However, if Search Marketing is selected, there is only a single billing option.  In this situation, is there a way to make the billing option picklist default to that single value?  Not a big deal, but would save a couple of clicks for the user.

Thanks. 

Message Edited by vandemanjw on 01-30-2010 11:59 PM
I have added a custom field at the account level for an account email address -- most contacts do not have an email address of their own -- the primary email is at the account level.

I would like to be able to create a report for all new donations (Opportunities) made per account and email a receipt to the account email address.

In addition to just regular receipts, I'd like to send an email that contains all of their donations for the year to serve as the donors annual tax statement.

Has anyone setup something like this? Is it possible using built in SalesForce tools, or is their a plugin I can use?

I have a field that is of data type "URL"  I am trying to add a default value:

http:%2F%2Fhorizonblue.force.com%2Fparticipationform%2FAuditCancelPage

However, I am getting the following error:  "Syntax error"  I replaced the "/" with %2F because it did not like the "/"

any help would be appreciated!! thanks!

fred

• January 27, 2010

Hi there,

I'm trying to create a letterhead with our company logo in. I'm uploading the logo to salesforce and then inserting the logo from my documents.

The logo gets entered in the letterhead but I'm unable to resize it, its so big that I'm unable to use it.

Please help

Regards

Good Morning Guys n Gals,

I was wondering if you all could possibly help me with a situation I am running into. I am trying to make my Active Contract field a "live" field if you will. I'll show you the code I have so far, then explain a little more;

IF (Contract_End_Date__c >= TODAY()) Contract_Start_Date__c <= TODAY() Active_Contract__c = 1,
IF (Contract_Start_Date__c >= TODAY()) Contract_End_Date__c <= TODAY() Active_Contract__c = 0

So basically you can see that I want this to check the Active Contract checkbox if the start and end dates on our accounts meet the correct criteria.

I'm pretty new to Salesforce, and seem to be getting syntax errors all over this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by Grifmang on 01-21-2010 06:36 AM

Hi there, 

New to all of this so hope someone has the patience to help me. I'm trying to create a validation rule for a pick list that I have created myself.

The picklist is called Customer Mood and there are three choices in the pick list, Married, Married with Problems and They Want a Divorce. I want to ensure that my companies users have to choose one of the choices available in order to save the record. I'd be very grateful for anyones help on this. Thanks in advance,

Alex  

I have created custom picklist fields for field reps to select who was part of the opportunity. This information is sent to payroll for commissions. However sometimes changes happen after the fact. Looking to get a field update notification when this happens to verify.

And (ISCHANGED( Inside_Sales_Rep__c), ISPICKVAL (StageName, "Won"))

Once this is solved, then onto the Email Messages :smileyhappy:

• December 10, 2009