• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Our users would like to see 'Forecast' on forecast tab in German instead of 'Prognosen'. Option to change the translation of Forecast tab is not available in Setup | App Setup | Tab Names and Labels.

Can anyone please let me know, where and how forecast tab can be translated?

-- Thanks,

SFD.

• May 07, 2010

Hi,

I would like to add some columns and rename a couple of fields on 'Revenue Forecast Detail' page of Forecast tab.

Running forecast for a user and drilling down on Amount field of any users forecast takes you to this page.

Thanks in advance.

Nani.

• April 13, 2010

Hi,

We have picklists in our application, which are sorted based on English values. Users from other countries would like to have these values sorted in their local language.

In the first place, I would like to know if this is possible.

I did not find any option in SF to do this.

Please reply, if this can be done.

- Thanks in advance,

SFD 

• March 16, 2010

Hi,

Is data stored in a encrypted file or does salesforce create a DB to store data created offline/sync'ed?

Can anyone please tell me where is data stored on local computer when offline functionality is used?

Thanks and Regards,

SFDeveloper.

• March 15, 2010
There is something wrong on challenge on Getting Started with Accounts and Contacts module.

I did everything right and this error continuous appearing.

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:  The 'Smith Enterprises' account record could not be found or it does not have the correct values for the 'Type' and 'Industry' fields

Our business had a need to prevent closed-won opportunities from being edited or deleted by anyone, so I used a page layout with the edit and delete buttons removed, a "locked" record type and a workflow rule to change the record type whenever an opportunity was marked closed-won.  This is working fine for us, however I just learned that if anyone searches for the opportunity, they do see an edit button in the list view.  I currently have made all the fields read only so that they cannot be changed, but what would have been the better way to handle this requirement?

Thanks, I appreciate any advice.

Hi,

I have created a batch apex class which assigns leads , opps, accounts to appropriate territories as per territory rules and other business logic.

I am clicking on custom button 'Run Rules' in Territory List View and calling the batch apex class and related method using javascript behaviour.

Right now, I am just testing for Leads(there are nearly 25K leads). 118 batches run properly while 1 batch fails. The error that it gives as per Debug log is:-

20091021124930.554:External entry point:     returning NULL from method global Database.QueryLocator start(Database.BatchableContext) in 0 ms

This is my snapshot of Apex Jobs processing:-

ActionSubmitted DateSorted DescendingJob TypeStatusTotal BatchesBatches ProcessedFailuresSubmitted ByCompletion DateApex ClassApex Method
 10/21/2009 7:49 AMBatch ApexFailed011Desai, Vimal10/21/2009 7:49 AMBatchApexTerritoryAssignmentBulk 
 10/21/2009 7:49 AMBatch ApexCompleted1181180Desai, Vimal10/21/2009 7:53 AMBatchApexTerritoryAssignmentBulk 

The batch apex code is:-

global class BatchApexTerritoryAssignmentBulk implements Database.Batchable<SObject>
{
  public String query;

global database.Querylocator start(Database.batchableContext bc)
 {
   Integer cont;
   if(query == null)
   cont = 1;
   else
   cont = 0;
   if(cont == 0)
   return Database.getQueryLocator(query);
   else
   return null;
 }

global void execute(Database.BatchableContext BC, List<SObject> sobjList)
 {
  System.Debug('DATABASE.BATACHABLE CONTEXT' + BC);
  System.Debug('SOBJECT LIST SIZE PASSED AS QUERY : ' + sobjList.size());
  TerritoryAssignmentBulk tabObj = new TerritoryAssignmentBulk();
  List<Lead> leadList = new List<Lead>();
  Map<Id,Account> accMap = new Map<Id,Account>();
  List<Opportunity> oppList = new List<Opportunity>();

for(sobject s : sobjList)
  {
   if(s.getsObjectType() == Lead.sObjectType)
   {
    Lead l = (Lead)s;
    if(!l.isConverted)
    {
     leadList.add(l);
    }
   }
  }
  System.Debug('LEAD LIST SIZE : ' + leadList.size());

if(leadList.size()!=0)
  {
   tabObj.runRules(oppList, accMap, leadList, false);//The method that needs to be called, for lead all others will be null and boolean false
   update leadList;
  }

/*for(sobject s : sobjList)
  {
   if(s.getsObjectType() == Account.sObjectType)
   {
    Account a = (Account)s;
    accMap.put(a.id,a);
   }
  }
  if(accMap.size()!=0)
  {
   tabObj.runRules(oppList, accMap, leadList, false);//The method that needs to be called, for lead all others will be null and boolean false
   update accMap.values();
  } */
 }

global void finish(Database.BatchableContext BC)
 {

}

webservice static String BatchApexMethod(String objectType)
 {
  BatchApexTerritoryAssignmentBulk leadBulk = new BatchApexTerritoryAssignmentBulk();
  BatchApexTerritoryAssignmentBulk accBulk = new BatchApexTerritoryAssignmentBulk();

if(objectType == 'Lead')

leadBulk.query = 'Select Id, Name, Company, Keep_in_Territory__c, LastName, Status, isConverted From Lead where isConverted = false';

System.Debug('QUERY' + leadBulk.query);

Id leadProcessId = Database.executeBatch(leadBulk);

/*if(objectType == 'Account')

accBulk.query = 'Select Id, Name From Account';

Id accountProcessId = Database.executeBatch(accBulk); */

return '';
 } 
}

The custom button code is :-

{!requireScript("/js/functions.js")}

{!requireScript("/soap/ajax/13.0/connection.js")}

{!requireScript("/soap/ajax/13.0/apex.js")}

try

{

var acc = "Account";

var lead = "Lead";

var opty = "Opportunity";

sforce.apex.execute("BatchApexTerritoryAssignmentBulk", "BatchApexMethod", {a:acc});

sforce.apex.execute("BatchApexTerritoryAssignmentBulk", "BatchApexMethod", {a: lead});

sforce.apex.execute("BatchApexTerritoryAssignmentBulk", "BatchApexMethod", {a: opty});

}

catch(e)

{

alert(e);

}

I am using territory management,& and I am creating some territeries.I created account assignment rule in that territory.
 Its working in new record.but its not working in old record when i am editing in "Inline Editing".I am  not using inline editing and edit that page that time its working successfully.but i am using "Inline Editing",its not worked and not updated.
 how to handle this one????

thanks,

krishna.