• 120 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Salesforce (na1) seems to be down atm. As is https://sites.secure.force.com, the AppExchange..

However, the instance is marked as available on trust.salesforce.com

Anyone els having problems logging in?

Hi all,

I would like to track whether or not an activity is logged for a custom object record.

Since it's not possible to create roll-up summary fields for activities, it has to be done by a trigger.

Since I don't know much about triggers, I'm here to ask for help!

So basically I need a custom field on my custom object which increments with 1 as soon as an activity is logged. (only events will be logged and normally max. one event will be logged for each custom object record).

Could anyone please help me this (for you guys very simple) trigger?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Martijn

Hello,

I'm trying to create a simple query using the Excel Connector.

When I want to add a clause to the query I get the following error message: 

When clicking Debug:

First time I use the Excel Connector. Does anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

I have a custom field on the user object.
I would like to show this field on the account object, with the user field info related to the account owner!

Right now it is possible to show user information on the account page, but only user information of the user who created the record and the user who last modified the record. But not of the user who owns the record.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

I originally posted the message below on the general salesforce question board, but there they told me to come here. So here I am! :-)

I would like Salesforce to automatically create (and save) a new record (for object B) as soon as I manually save a newly created record for object A that meets a certain condition (e.g. field A is not empty). With that I would like to prepopulate some object B fields with object A data.
(Right now I have a created a custom button on my object A record which does all of this, but pushing this button manually each time is not the ideal solution, so I would like this process to automatically take place in the background).

Is this feasible? If yes, how? :-)

Probably the answer will be "Yes, with Apex!", because always when I get stuck the problem can be solved using Apex or Visualforce.. Tbh, this is really frustrating since I'm just a simple administrator and not a developer.

So any help (e.g. some sample code, test class) would be more than appreciated!

To date, our supporting departments (e.g. marketing, product management,...) often do not know what has been discussed when the sales representative has visited the customer,  so they have to go through all the events and scan for that information in particular that is interesting or relates to them.

That's why we are trying to find a way to improve the customer related information sharing between sales representatives and supporting departments.

I have created a custom picklist field "Event purpose" on the event layout. The values of this picklist are all these supporting departments.
The goal is that when a sales representative returns from the customer, completes his event information and picks e.g. "Marketing" in the "Event purporse"-list, a notification is automatically sent to the marketing department.

I first thought of creating a workflow rule with an email alert, but apparantly it is not possible to create email alerts linked to the event object. Besides, even if this was possible, it would not be the perfect solution since supporting departments would then probably receive several of these notification mails a day.

Ideally each supporting department should receive every morning an overview of all the events linked to their department and completed by the sales representative the day before.

So I created a report per supporting department and scheduled it to run every morning and automatically send it via e-mail.

Only problem I now have is that, even when there are no visit reports linked to a particular supporting department and the report thus contains no data, the email is send, which is unnecessary.

So my question: is there a way/workaround to email a report only if it contains data? Scheduled but empty reports should not be sent.

Maybe there is another/better overal solution for my problem to automatically inform specific users when certain events are finished. Please feel free to share your ideas and opinions.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to customize the calendar view in Outlook so that the associated Salesforce account appears in the calendar overview as well (right now there's only the start/end hour and subject; to find the associated account, you first have to open the appointment and then go via the sfdc menu which is not very efficient and user-friendly)

Thanks in advance.

Situation is as follows:

-  A custom date field: "cooperation agreement".
-  60 days before the "cooperation agreement" expires, an email alert is sent to the account owner = time- dependent workflow action.
-  Since it's a time-dependent worfklow action, I have to use the evaluate rule "Every time a record is created or edited"
-  Every year the date of the cooperation agreement is prolonged, so the workflow rule itself has to be triggered each time the date is changed: rule criteria = ISCHANGED (Cooperation agreement).

Unfortunately it's not possible to use the ISCHANGED function in combination with the "Every time a record is created or edited" evaluate rule. Besides, I can not use the evaluate rule "When a record is created, or when a record is edited and...", since this is not possible with time-dependent workflow actions...

So I'm kinda stuck here. Anyone sees an alternative?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Right now the following actions have to be taken to send a single mail merge document:

1. click "mail merge" on the objects activity history related list

2. choose the appropriate template

3. deselect the "log an activity" checkbox

4. click "generate"

I would like to create a custom button which performs all of the above actions in one single click.

The code I've got so far:

https://cs3.salesforce.com/mail/mmchoose.jsp?id={!Custom_Object__c.Id}&1={!Custom_Object__c.Name}
&retURL=%2F{!Custom_Object__c.Id}&p7=0&p8=MailMergeTemplateID

The first 3 steps are ok, but I still have to manually click "generate".

Does anyone know how I should change my code in order to include that last, fourth step in my custom button?

Thanks in advance! 

Is it possible to prevent users from reassigning approval requests by removing the "reassign" link in the approval history?

Thx.

We would like to include parent fields to the "items to approve" dashboard component. Right now it is only possible to add fields which are related to the approval process itself. Apparantly the only way to do this is by using Visualforce.

Problem is that my knowledge of Visualforce is very limited. Could someone give me a little hand with this, try to push me in the right direction? Really appreciated!

Thanks!

Is it possible to create a dashboard table component with more than 2 columns?

E.g.:   ACCOUNT 1       CITY      TURNOVER

ACCOUNT 2       CITY      TURNOVER

ACCOUNT 3       CITY      TURNOVER

Thanks.

Is it possible to decide on the order in wich values appear in a chart. E.g. I would want "pre-study" to be on top, "discovery" second etc... The field "aggregate stage" is a formula field, not a picklist field.

Thanks in advance!

I've created a custom object "Commercial Agreements".

When creating a new email from the Activity History related list "send email"-button, I would like the recipient ("To") to have a default value, the (commercial agreement) record creator.

Code of the standard "send email"-button is:

https://na1.salesforce.com/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?p2_lkid=0013000000dLWUx&rtype=003&p3_lkid=a063000000CJweX&retURL=%2Fa063000000CJweX

with 0013000000dLWUx = Account ID

and a063000000CJweX = Commercial agreement record ID

How should I adapt the code for my custom button so that the record creator is automatically filled in in the "To"-field?

What is the code/ID for that "To"-field?

Thanks in advance!

I'm trying to set up an approval process (see screenshot below):

I have 1 approval assignment email template which is used for all the approval steps.

For each step there is also a rejection action defined: send an email to the previous approver.

Now, when an approver rejects, the following happens:

- an email alert is sent to the previous approver to inform that the record has been rejected= OK

- an email alert is sent to the previous approver to inform that a new record has to be approved (via the approval assignemnt email template) = NOT OK!

So when there is a rejection, it's like the rejected record re-enters the previous step of the approval process and the approval assignment email is sent again!

Does anyone know how I can prevent this? So at rejection, the "CA temporary rejection" email has to be sent, but nót the "Commercial Agreement: approval request (html)" !

Thanks in advance!

Is it possible to prevent Salesforce from sending the automatic emails which are linked to the different approval steps (see below)

I'd like to use custom templates for these approval requests, but I can't seem to find a way to de-activate those approval requests sent by Salesforce (now our users receive 2 emails...)

Thanks in advance!

Ok, the situation is as follows:

I've created a custom object "Commercial Agreement", linked with the Account object through a master-detail relationship.

I'd like to show the account owner on the commercial agreement record's page lay-out.

But when creating a custom formula (text) field, I can't choose the account owner field..

Any idea why? Is there another way to show the account owner on the commercial agreement page layout?

I'm trying to set up an approval process including approval assignment email templates.

In these templates I'd like to address the receiving user, however this doesn't seem to work:

The template:

In the mail I get this:

Anyone has an idea what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Since this morning we are experiencing an issue when trying to save account records. Every time we get the following error message:

The error only seems to occur on the account object.

Any idea what might cause this error and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance!

Is it normal that I'm not able change the position of a formula column in a report?

All formula columns are automatically placed áfter (and in the order of creation) the field columns..

Is it possible to use a trigger on a task to send an email notification to the task creator when the status changes to Completed?  I'm very frustrated that this is not possible using a workflow rule, but am holding out hope that we can accomplish with a trigger. 

Hi all,

I would like to track whether or not an activity is logged for a custom object record.

Since it's not possible to create roll-up summary fields for activities, it has to be done by a trigger.

Since I don't know much about triggers, I'm here to ask for help!

So basically I need a custom field on my custom object which increments with 1 as soon as an activity is logged. (only events will be logged and normally max. one event will be logged for each custom object record).

Could anyone please help me this (for you guys very simple) trigger?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Martijn

I have a custom field on the user object.
I would like to show this field on the account object, with the user field info related to the account owner!

Right now it is possible to show user information on the account page, but only user information of the user who created the record and the user who last modified the record. But not of the user who owns the record.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

I originally posted the message below on the general salesforce question board, but there they told me to come here. So here I am! :-)

I would like Salesforce to automatically create (and save) a new record (for object B) as soon as I manually save a newly created record for object A that meets a certain condition (e.g. field A is not empty). With that I would like to prepopulate some object B fields with object A data.
(Right now I have a created a custom button on my object A record which does all of this, but pushing this button manually each time is not the ideal solution, so I would like this process to automatically take place in the background).

Is this feasible? If yes, how? :-)

Probably the answer will be "Yes, with Apex!", because always when I get stuck the problem can be solved using Apex or Visualforce.. Tbh, this is really frustrating since I'm just a simple administrator and not a developer.

So any help (e.g. some sample code, test class) would be more than appreciated!

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to customize the calendar view in Outlook so that the associated Salesforce account appears in the calendar overview as well (right now there's only the start/end hour and subject; to find the associated account, you first have to open the appointment and then go via the sfdc menu which is not very efficient and user-friendly)

Thanks in advance.

Situation is as follows:

-  A custom date field: "cooperation agreement".
-  60 days before the "cooperation agreement" expires, an email alert is sent to the account owner = time- dependent workflow action.
-  Since it's a time-dependent worfklow action, I have to use the evaluate rule "Every time a record is created or edited"
-  Every year the date of the cooperation agreement is prolonged, so the workflow rule itself has to be triggered each time the date is changed: rule criteria = ISCHANGED (Cooperation agreement).

Unfortunately it's not possible to use the ISCHANGED function in combination with the "Every time a record is created or edited" evaluate rule. Besides, I can not use the evaluate rule "When a record is created, or when a record is edited and...", since this is not possible with time-dependent workflow actions...

So I'm kinda stuck here. Anyone sees an alternative?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Right now the following actions have to be taken to send a single mail merge document:

1. click "mail merge" on the objects activity history related list

2. choose the appropriate template

3. deselect the "log an activity" checkbox

4. click "generate"

I would like to create a custom button which performs all of the above actions in one single click.

The code I've got so far:

https://cs3.salesforce.com/mail/mmchoose.jsp?id={!Custom_Object__c.Id}&1={!Custom_Object__c.Name}
&retURL=%2F{!Custom_Object__c.Id}&p7=0&p8=MailMergeTemplateID

The first 3 steps are ok, but I still have to manually click "generate".

Does anyone know how I should change my code in order to include that last, fourth step in my custom button?

Thanks in advance! 

We would like to include parent fields to the "items to approve" dashboard component. Right now it is only possible to add fields which are related to the approval process itself. Apparantly the only way to do this is by using Visualforce.

Problem is that my knowledge of Visualforce is very limited. Could someone give me a little hand with this, try to push me in the right direction? Really appreciated!

Thanks!

Is it possible to create a dashboard table component with more than 2 columns?

E.g.:   ACCOUNT 1       CITY      TURNOVER

ACCOUNT 2       CITY      TURNOVER

ACCOUNT 3       CITY      TURNOVER

Thanks.

Is it possible to decide on the order in wich values appear in a chart. E.g. I would want "pre-study" to be on top, "discovery" second etc... The field "aggregate stage" is a formula field, not a picklist field.

Thanks in advance!

I've created a custom object "Commercial Agreements".

When creating a new email from the Activity History related list "send email"-button, I would like the recipient ("To") to have a default value, the (commercial agreement) record creator.

Code of the standard "send email"-button is:

https://na1.salesforce.com/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?p2_lkid=0013000000dLWUx&rtype=003&p3_lkid=a063000000CJweX&retURL=%2Fa063000000CJweX

with 0013000000dLWUx = Account ID

and a063000000CJweX = Commercial agreement record ID

How should I adapt the code for my custom button so that the record creator is automatically filled in in the "To"-field?

What is the code/ID for that "To"-field?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I would like to create a custom link in Salesforce to a spreadsheet stored on our network (internal drive). I do not want to simply upload the spreadsheet to the Documents area and link from there, as the spreadsheet will be updated regularly outside of Salesforce by another group and I need the custom link to point to the dynamic version of the spreadsheet.

I have tried a few options, including the External Attachments app, linking through the Documents tab, using a Hyperlink field, following the instructions for a Custom Attachments object via the "Offline file storage links" instructions on Help & Training... none of them seem to produce the results I need. The Salesforce support line suggested I try this board, so hopefully someone here can assist.

I believe I need a custom formula field that points directly to the file on our server. The pathway to that file is as follows:

\\earth\engineering\Bidding\Sales Module estimates.xlsx

Again, the spreadsheet will be updated regularly outside of Salesforce, and I need the link to point to the latest, greatest, constantly updated version stored on our server rather than a static version saved somewhere within Salesforce and essentially frozen in time.

Hopefully this makes sense. If it matters, I plan on including the link on two page layouts in the Opportunities object.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer and please let me know if any further clarification is required.