• 25 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a simple pageBlock with a required field and a button in it. The button calls a method from the controller and then rerenders the pageBlock. The issue is, when the rerender happens if the field is blank I get an error (Error: You must enter a value) and the pageBlock doesn't get rerendered. I don't want any validation at this stage; I just want the PB to rerender that's all.

Any ideas on how to do that would be nice.

Thanks!
  • January 27, 2010

I have a simple pageBlock with a required field and a button in it. The button calls a method from the controller and then rerenders the pageBlock. The issue is, when the rerender happens if the field is blank I get an error (Error: You must enter a value) and the pageBlock doesn't get rerendered. I don't want any validation at this stage; I just want the PB to rerender that's all.

Any ideas on how to do that would be nice.

Thanks!
  • January 27, 2010

I have a visual force page that was created in Summer 10 in my FCS to update cases.

The page allowed the user to change the case status and also create an entry into a customer object and create a case comment all from the same page.

It was working perfect in until today.  the only change was my Sandbox was updated to Spring 10.

Now whenever I try to update the case from the Visual Force Page I get the following error:

System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id 50030000005o8ETAAY; first error: FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION, No selected contact: [ContactId]

If I edit the case from GUI I do not get the error.  If I select a contact (Which is not a required field) and then execute the visual force page ot works fine.

What has chnaged in Spring 10 that is causing this to happen.

Any help is apprciated.

Here is the page:

<apex:page Controller="newEnhancemnetController" tabStyle="Case" id="thePage"> <script> function confirmCancel() { var isCancel = confirm("Are you sure you wish to cancel?"); if (isCancel) return true; return false; } </script> <apex:sectionHeader title="New Enhancemnet Approval" subtitle="for change board Case"/> <apex:form > <apex:pageBlock mode="edit"> <apex:pageMessages ></apex:pageMessages> <apex:pageBlockButtons > <apex:commandButton action="{!Save}" value="Save"/> <apex:commandButton action="{!Cancel}" value="Cancel" onclick="return confirmCancel()" immediate="true"/> </apex:pageBlockButtons> <apex:pageBlockSection title="Change Current Case Status" columns="1"> <apex:outputField value="{!Case.id}"/> <apex:outputField value="{!Case.subject}"/> <apex:outputField value="{!Case.description}"/> <apex:pageBlockSectionItem > <apex:outputLabel value="{!$ObjectType.Case.fields.Status.label}" for="casestatus" style="font-weight:bold"/> <apex:outputPanel styleClass="requiredInput" layout="block"> <apex:outputPanel styleClass="requiredBlock" layout="block"/> <apex:selectList value="{!casestatus}" id="casestatus" size="1" title="Status" required="true"> <apex:selectOptions value="{!items}"/> </apex:selectList> </apex:outputPanel> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> </apex:pageBlockSection> <apex:pageBlockSection title="Add Enhancement Approval Information" columns="2"> <apex:inputField id="eaAprovedFor" value="{!EnhancementApproval.Approved_For__c}" required="true"/> <apex:inputField id="eaEnvironment" value="{!EnhancementApproval.Environment__c}" required="true"/> <apex:inputField id="eaValidFrom" value="{!EnhancementApproval.Valid_From__c}" required="true"/> <apex:inputField id="eaOtherQCS" value="{!EnhancementApproval.Other_QCS__c}" required="False"/> <apex:inputField id="eaValidTo" value="{!EnhancementApproval.Valid_To__c}" required="true"/> </apex:pageBlockSection> <apex:pageBlockSection title="Add a Case Comment"> <apex:inputField id="caseComment" value="{!CaseComment.CommentBody}"/> </apex:pageBlockSection> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:form> </apex:page>

Here is the controller:

public class newEnhancemnetController { String casestatus; Case oCase; Enhancement_Approval__c oEnahncemnetApproval; Contact contact; CaseComment casecomment; Map<String,String> mCaseStatus = new Map<String,String>(); public Case getCase() { oCase = [select id, subject, status, description from Case where id = :ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id')]; if(oCase== null) oCase= new Case(); return oCase; } public Contact getContact() { if(contact== null) contact= new Contact(); return contact; } public String getCaseStatus() { if(casestatus==null){casestatus=oCase.Status;} return casestatus ; } public void setCaseStatus(String casestatus ) { this.casestatus = casestatus ; } public List<SelectOption> getItems() { mCaseStatus.Put('New','New'); mCaseStatus.Put('Approved for Analysis & Design','Approved for Analysis & Design'); mCaseStatus.Put('Reqmts/A&D In Progress','Reqmts/A&D In Progress'); mCaseStatus.Put('Reqmts/A&D Completed','Reqmts/A&D Completed'); mCaseStatus.Put('Approved for Sandbox Build/Config/Test','Approved for Sandbox Build/Config/Test'); mCaseStatus.Put('Sandbox Build In Progress','Sandbox Build In Progress'); mCaseStatus.Put('Sandbox Testing Failed','Sandbox Testing Failed'); mCaseStatus.Put('Sandbox Testing Passed','Sandbox Testing Passed'); mCaseStatus.Put('Waiting for Production Release Date','Waiting for Production Release Date'); mCaseStatus.Put('Release Date Assigned/Approved for Prod','Release Date Assigned/Approved for Prod'); mCaseStatus.Put('Production Testing Failed','Production Testing Failed'); mCaseStatus.Put('Production Testing Passed','Production Testing Passed'); mCaseStatus.Put('On Hold / No Activity','On Hold / No Activity'); mCaseStatus.Put('On Hold / Lack of Funding','On Hold / Lack of Funding'); //mCaseStatus.Put('',''); List<SelectOption> options = new List<SelectOption>(); Schema.DescribeFieldResult fieldResult = Schema.sObjectType.Case.Fields.Status; fieldResult = fieldResult.getSObjectField().getDescribe(); List<Schema.PicklistEntry> ple = fieldResult.getPicklistValues(); for( Schema.PicklistEntry f : ple) { if (mCaseStatus.containskey(f.getValue())) options.add(new SelectOption(f.getLabel(), f.getValue())); //options.add(new SelectOption(f.getLabel(), f.getValue())); } return options; } //public List<SelectOption> getItems() { // List<SelectOption> options = new List<SelectOption>(); // for (CaseStatus cs : [Select MasterLabel from CaseStatus order by sortorder]){ // options.add(new SelectOption(cs.MasterLabel,cs.MasterLabel)); // } // return options; //} public CaseComment getCaseComment () { if(casecomment== null) casecomment= new CaseComment(); return casecomment; } public Enhancement_Approval__c getEnhancementApproval() { if(oEnahncemnetApproval== null) oEnahncemnetApproval= new Enhancement_Approval__c(); return oEnahncemnetApproval; } public PageReference cancel() { PageReference casePage = new ApexPages.StandardController(oCase).view(); casePage .setRedirect(true); return casePage ; } public PageReference Save() { if (oEnahncemnetApproval.Environment__c == 'QCS - Other' && oEnahncemnetApproval.Other_QCS__c ==Null ){ ApexPages.Message myMsg = new ApexPages.Message(ApexPages.Severity.ERROR,'Other QCS is Required when Environment is equal to "QCS - Other"'); ApexPages.addMessage(myMsg); return null; } oCase.Status=this.casestatus; update oCase; Enhancement_Approval__c oEA; oEA = new Enhancement_Approval__c(); oEA.Approved_For__c = oEnahncemnetApproval.Approved_For__c; oEA.Case__c = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id'); oEA.Environment__c = oEnahncemnetApproval.Environment__c; oEA.Valid_From__c = oEnahncemnetApproval.Valid_From__c; oEA.Valid_To__c = oEnahncemnetApproval.Valid_To__c; oEA.Other_QCS__c = oEnahncemnetApproval.Other_QCS__c; insert oEA; if (casecomment.CommentBody != null){ casecomment.ParentId = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id'); insert casecomment; } PageReference casePage = new ApexPages.StandardController(oCase).view(); casePage.setRedirect(true); return casePage ; } //*************************************************************************** //** Test Method //** //*************************************************************************** public static testMethod void testChangeBoardApproval() { pageReference p = Page.ChangeBoardApproval; p.getParameters().put('id', [select id from Case limit 1].id); test.setCurrentPage(p); newEnhancemnetController enhancmenetController = new newEnhancemnetController(); //enhancemnetController.cancel(); enhancmenetController.getCase(); enhancmenetController.getitems(); enhancmenetController.getcasestatus(); enhancmenetController.getEnhancementApproval(); enhancmenetController.getContact(); enhancmenetController.getCaseComment(); enhancmenetController.save(); } }

• January 25, 2010