• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I’m using the Visualforce knowledge:articleListcall. On the output of this is there any way to display the LastModifiedDate of the article??

Ie:

<knowledge:articleList articleVar="article" hasMoreVar="hasMore"categories="{!categoryGroupNameVar}:{!currentCategory}">

{!article.title}| {!article.LastModifiedDate}

</knowledge:articleList>

There is no documentation reference anywhere to the output variables fromthe ArticleList.

Interesting to note the SFDC error when an improper variableis called: it shows an authentication error.

-Scott 

Is there documenation on the default fields for the article objects that you can create for SF Knowledge?  I'd normally use the IDE to browse for what I need to identify, but v18 is delayed, and we've been given no ETA on it.

I'm trying to use SOSL in Apex to create a custom search engine for docs in Visualforce, and one of the things I want to respect is article visibility (internal vs. partner vs. public site).  If this is done via the CRUD permissions automatically based on the selection of those permission checkboxes when publishing, that's great, but if not, I'll need some insight as to what these field names are called in the database.

We bit the bullet and are using Salesforce Knowledge with the "Sample Public Knowledge Base for Salesforce Knowledge" (https://sites.secure.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000001gFH9EAM).

So far, with a little Visualforce tweaking, it looks like we'll be able to get some GREAT control on segmented Public Knowledge Bases that run on a Force.com Site. And, unlike the sold-school Self Service Portals…there's no passwords. Woohoo!

However, there seems to be an issue with the PKB Site Setup Sample that we can't get past. It seems that even though only one Root Data Category is supported in PKB Site Setup, if an Article uses ANY other Category within another Category Group, it will not display in the Public Knowledge Base.

Does anyone have any wisdom on how can we work around this?

David

P.S. Any new Developer Accounts have Salesforce Knowledge already active. You have to open a Case to request it be activated for any other Developer Accounts.