• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey

The outbound message queue can be monitored via the salesforce environment

But is there another way to be able to monitor the outbound message queue from outside the sf website?

We want to be able to have the monitoring tool which we use in the office (Nagios) to read the number of items in the queue.

Greetings

Natalie

• November 28, 2012

When does the SF system decide that it needs to put multiple notifications in an Outbound Message?

Is that when multiple objects are effect within one (mass) update?

Thnks for the replies

Oke I have been toying around with this the whole day and I don't seem to get it working ... and it frustrates me.

I want to open the documents which are in the document table, this is a test for some future development.

So I developed a apex class/controller class 

public class AttachmentOpener { public String attachment {get; set;} public String contenttype {get; set;} public String filetype {get; set;} public AttachmentOpener () { Document doc = [Select d.Body, d.ContentType, d.Type From Document d where d.type='xls']; contenttype = doc.ContentType; filetype = doc.Type; Blob b = doc.Body; attachment = b.ToString(); } }

And an visual force page

<apex:page showHeader="false" cache="true" Controller="AttachmentOpener" contenttype="{!contenttype}#test.{!filetype}"> <apex:OutputText escape="false" value="{!attachment}" /> </apex:page>

When I open the page Firefox askes me to open or save the attachment (with the correct contenttype), so that all goes according to the way it should.

However the content of the file looks all wrong. For text files it works, but when they have more complex content like pdf, excel or word it doesn't work.

For instance a pdf does show me the correct number of pages (like 4) but no content (alle pages are blank). The document is correct since salesforce it able to show it to me using the standard functionality.

I have the feeling that it has to be something to do with (en)coding but I fail to find a reference as to what to do.

So can anybody give a clue to look for next?

Thnx

Natalie

• February 12, 2010

Oke I have been toying around with this the whole day and I don't seem to get it working ... and it frustrates me.

I want to open the documents which are in the document table, this is a test for some future development.

So I developed a apex class/controller class 

public class AttachmentOpener { public String attachment {get; set;} public String contenttype {get; set;} public String filetype {get; set;} public AttachmentOpener () { Document doc = [Select d.Body, d.ContentType, d.Type From Document d where d.type='xls']; contenttype = doc.ContentType; filetype = doc.Type; Blob b = doc.Body; attachment = b.ToString(); } }

And an visual force page

<apex:page showHeader="false" cache="true" Controller="AttachmentOpener" contenttype="{!contenttype}#test.{!filetype}"> <apex:OutputText escape="false" value="{!attachment}" /> </apex:page>

When I open the page Firefox askes me to open or save the attachment (with the correct contenttype), so that all goes according to the way it should.

However the content of the file looks all wrong. For text files it works, but when they have more complex content like pdf, excel or word it doesn't work.

For instance a pdf does show me the correct number of pages (like 4) but no content (alle pages are blank). The document is correct since salesforce it able to show it to me using the standard functionality.

I have the feeling that it has to be something to do with (en)coding but I fail to find a reference as to what to do.

So can anybody give a clue to look for next?

Thnx

Natalie

• February 12, 2010

Hi,

I'm calling into a 3rd party API from Salesforce using the APEX WSDL wrapper. That 3rd party API provides access to pdf documents as blobs. I'm able to use APEX to access those PDFs and send them on as e-mail messages (using Messaging.SingleEmailMessage and Messaging.EmailFileAttachment) from salesforce. Works great.

However, I would like to also render that PDF in a VisualForce page (it can either render in the page or provide a popup asking the user if they want to save or open the PDF). I see lots of info on how to render existing Salesforce content in PDF but nothing about how you could do this if you already have the PDF in a blob lets say.

I would think it would be something like:

<apex:page contenttype="application/pdf">

<apex:outputText value="{!PDFBlob}" id="thePDFBlob"/>

</apex:page>

(where i can provide the blob in the controller) but outputText is not the correct component.)

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

-John