• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,
i have an issue with my new package and I can't find a logical motivation.

In my package there is 2 custom profile that enable my custom object permission

Custom Profile Admin
   Object Read/Write/Delete
Custom Profile StandardUser
    Object Read

When I install the package in a new ORG I can extend the permissions of the current profiles by assigning
to each existing profile a custom package profile.

When I assign the permission like this
 ORG Profile 1 -> Custom Profile Admin
 ORG Profile 2 -> Custom Profile StandardUser
 ORG Profile 3 -> Custom Profile Admin
 ORG Profile 4 -> Custom Profile StandardUser
 ORG Profile 5 -> Custom Profile StandardUser
 ORG Profile 6 -> Custom Profile StandardUser
all it's ok

ORG Profile 1\3 have Read\Write\Delete permission
 ORG Profile 2\4\5\6 have Read permission

But when I assign the permission like this
 ORG Profile 1 -> Custom Profile Admin
 ORG Profile 2 -> Custom Profile StandardUser
 ORG Profile 3 -> Custom Profile StandardUser
 ORG Profile 4 -> Custom Profile StandardUser
 ORG Profile 5 -> Custom Profile StandardUser
 ORG Profile 6 -> Custom Profile StandardUser
I have an unexplained result

ORG Profile 1 have Read\Write\Delete permission -> OK
 ORG Profile 2\3\4\5\6 have Read permission + Object "View All" permission!!

Why?

Thanks
Simone

I'am trying to load data into Salesforce.com using Data Loader v.24 & Bulk API.

My CSV file have 100K record so I have configured Dataloader to use Bulk API with Batchsize = 10000

Executing the import I have noticed that creates a single Batch Job with a lot Batch process but the record processed for each batch process is not 10000,

I do not understand why but is random causing a large number of batch (some batch have 1 record!)

I tried to do the same with version 23 and I got the same result but with version 19 everything works fine (10000 record for each batch process).

Has anyone else had the same problem?
It's problem recognized by Salesforce.com?
We are forced to use the ver. 19?

Thanks
Simone

With Spring '12 you can now create a case from outlook using the Salesforce for Outlook plugin.

Can I assign the Case owner with user that is using Salesforce for Outlook?

I have not assignment rule and by default the ticket is assigned to "Default Case Owner" and I cannot force the owner by trigger because it's execute with the user specified in "Support Settings-> "Automated Case User"

I appreciate any suggestions

Thanks

Simone

Hello,
I need to enforce the Case assignment rules by code because I seen that removing the flag "Assign using active assignment rules" from the layout the flag assignment rules are not executed despite the default value is selected by default.

I'm trying to enforce the rules using a trigger and the following code seems to work partially

trigger Case_SetHandlerAssignmentRule on Case (after insert, after update) {
	List<Id> caseIds = new List<Id>{};
	for(Integer i = 0; i<Trigger.new.size(); i++){
		caseIds.add(Trigger.new[i].Id);
	} 
	List<Case> cases = new List<Case>{}; 
	for(Case c : [Select Id from Case where Id in :caseIds]){
		Database.DMLOptions dmo = new Database.DMLOptions();
		dmo.assignmentRuleHeader.useDefaultRule = true;
		c.setOptions(dmo);
		cases.add(c); 
	}
	Database.upsert(cases);
}

For example my assignment rule is triggered when Case Origin is equal to "Web" but when Origin is set by a Workflow the assignment rules don't work.

Looking through the documentation(http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_triggers_order_of_execution.htm)

I found this note 

"During a recursive save, Salesforce Skips steps 7 through 14." where 7 is "Executes assignment rules"

This is the problem?

Any Idea/Solutions?

Thanks

Simone

Hello,
I need to enforce the Case assignment rules by code because I seen that removing the flag "Assign using active assignment rules" from the layout the flag assignment rules are not executed despite the default value is selected by default.

I'm trying to enforce the rules using a trigger and the following code seems to work partially

trigger Case_SetHandlerAssignmentRule on Case (after insert, after update) {
	List<Id> caseIds = new List<Id>{};
	for(Integer i = 0; i<Trigger.new.size(); i++){
		caseIds.add(Trigger.new[i].Id);
	} 
	List<Case> cases = new List<Case>{}; 
	for(Case c : [Select Id from Case where Id in :caseIds]){
		Database.DMLOptions dmo = new Database.DMLOptions();
		dmo.assignmentRuleHeader.useDefaultRule = true;
		c.setOptions(dmo);
		cases.add(c); 
	}
	Database.upsert(cases);
}

For example my assignment rule is triggered when Case Origin is equal to "Web" but when Origin is set by a Workflow the assignment rules don't work.

Looking through the documentation(http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_triggers_order_of_execution.htm)

I found this note 

"During a recursive save, Salesforce Skips steps 7 through 14." where 7 is "Executes assignment rules"

This is the problem?

Any Idea/Solutions?

Thanks

Simone

HI, I made a managed package and uploaded it to appexchange.I upgraded it many times.Yesterday evening(at 1 st March 2011, 6 pm Indian time) also I upgraded the managed package with a bug fix. I am able to install the package in a developer edition successfully. But while I was installing the same package in enterprise edition, I got this error 

"Package Not Found 
The requested package does not exist or has been deleted. Please contact the package publisher for assistance. If this is a recently uploaded package, please try again soon. " 

After that I tried many times, I got the same error. After 20 hrs also I am getting the same error. 

Another thing is, now I am unable to install the same package in developer edition also. Because I am getting the same error.But I was installed the same package successfully once yesterday. 

Please help me. I am unable to find any info related to this.

Thanks,

Naresh