• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey folks,

Is there an elegant way to rerender a page (or area of a page) and retain the data that has been entered into any forms without running validation rules?

I have a segment of page that, upon refreshing, adds a new segment below. If the mandatory fields haven't been filled in, it won't allow the refresh (which is a bad experience for the user), but if I use the "immediate" tag in the rerender, the fields that HAVE been filled in get blanked out.

Is there a simple way around this?

Just a quick question:

I'm playing with Web-to-lead functionality and was hoping to fill in a custom field on our leads using the hidden input tag. One of our custom Lead fields is a lookup/reference field that links to an account and I'd like to fill that in automatically, so that inbound leads are linked to the right generating account.

I've tried using the id of an account and also the name of an account to test it, but neither seems to populate. Does anybody know if it's simply not possible? Or should I be using the 18, rather than 15 digit id, etc?

With thanks,

Andy

Dear all,

I've built an inbound email handling service in my sandbox which accepts emails, looks for a particular id and then will update the appropriate record. I've got a debugger running, but I seem to have an issue.

Sometimes an inbound email to the address will get registered and the debug log will spring into life (whereupon the code executed will succeed/fail accordingly), but sometimes nothing will happen at all. Another email sent to the same address simply won't get registered. There will be no de-bug log, no "failure" email returned, nothing. I've no way of knowing whether/where it's failing.

I don't think it's limit based, because I'm certainly not nearing my 1,000 email limit and sometimes the email will trigger the code and sometimes it won't.

Are there any other areas I could be debugging, asides from the debug console in Salesforce? Is there any way of knowing whether the email is hitting its target or not?

With thanks,

Andy

All,

I have a trigger that is supposed to present an error message to the user when editing a record from within the edit page (rather than inline editing). Suddenly, the behaviour has changed and it no longer presents the message whilst still preventing the save. I know the trigger works because inline editing displays the error as expected.

My only clue is that the debug log operation name has the prefix "waitingJobPage-" and I have NO idea what it means. I can't find it in the documentation and the salesforce support team closed my case without even trying to help.

Does anybody else know? Any help greatfully appreciated. All other triggers appear to be working. It's just this one, and I've not changed the code on it.

With thanks,

Andy

All,

I was wondering, are there any known cases / common mistakes that mean that commandbutton tags might stop calling their "action" method after the first few submits?

I have a page with some filters at the top, and a submit button that uses these filters to populate some tables below. These table contain record details and each row contains a commandlink to make more information from the selected row render beneath the tables.

This seems to work at first and then, at some point, the page seems to stop re-rendering or using the new information, meaning that the re-render appears to stop working.

Putting some debug code together, it seems that the action method isn't being called as well.

Because it's inconsistent, I can't pin down the exact issue. Also, the code is pretty complex, so I don't want to as people to go through it if there's an obvious set of mistakes that people make that I can check through.

With thanks for any and all help received,
Andy 

I'm getting a warning on a project in the IDE:

"Project was created in an older version of the Force.com IDE and must be upgraded to be used with Winter '11.  You will not be able to save or refresh files in this project from the server until you upgrade it.  To upgrade, use the upgrade wizard by right-clicking on the project in Package Explorer and choosing Force.com > Upgrade Project. " 

1) I've update Eclipse(helios)  to latest Force.com IDE release

2) Right clicking on project does NOT give an option to "upgrade project"

3) Despite the warning,  i am able to save and refresh files from the server

4) I've tried closing project, restarting eclipse and then re-opening project.

How do i upgrade this project?

Peter

• December 05, 2010