• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

When I add software, it connects through my prxy, installs a bunch of components, but the cannot complete:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: Force.com IDE 20.0.1.201011121559 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 20.0.1.201011121559)
  Missing requirement: Common Frameworks 1.1.300.v200904160730 (org.eclipse.wst.common.frameworks 1.1.300.v200904160730) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.emf.ecore [2.4.0,3.0.0)' but it could not be found
  Cannot satisfy dependency:
    From: Force.com IDE 20.0.1.201011121559 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 20.0.1.201011121559)
    To: org.eclipse.wst.validation 0.0.0
  Cannot satisfy dependency:
    From: Validation Framework 1.2.104.v200911120201 (org.eclipse.wst.validation 1.2.104.v200911120201)
    To: bundle org.eclipse.wst.common.frameworks [1.1.200,2.0.0)

We locked down the Account Owner field on the page layout, but the owner can still change the ownership.

We want to lock this ability down so that only certain profiles can change the ownership.

I wrote some code, but what I need to do is identify the User or profileID performing the update.

So in other words, a 'before update' trigger where if v_allowed_IDs .contains "the ProfileID performing the update" then update object, else return.

Is it possible to programatically use "the ProfileID performing the update"?

Thanks. Regards,

I have an (after insert, after update) on Opportunity. I monitor the (AccountId) for changes.

trigger updateOpportunity on Opportunity (after insert, after update)
{
    Set<Id> opiIds = new Set<Id>();

for (Opportunity opp : trigger.new)
    {
        if (System.Trigger.isInsert) {
            oppIds.add(opp.Id);
        }
        if (System.Trigger.isUpdate) {
           if (Util.hasChanges(fieldsTracked, opp, trigger.oldMap.get(opp.Id))) {
           oppIds.add(opp.Id);
           }
        }
    }
    if (oppIds.isEmpty()) {
        return;
    }
// Do some stuff

If I physically move the Opportunity from one Account to another, the trigger fires as expected. But when I merge two accounts, the opportunity thereotically changes it's parent association to the new AccountID, and my trigger monitors changes to this filed, but the trigger doesn't fire.

Is there a function to monitor a merge differently than an update? trigger (after merge) isn't accepted, and (System.Trigger.isMerge) isn't accepted either.

Yes the Master is the new Account, and the Opportunity is associated to the old Account which gets deleted after merge. So one would think that the Opportunity is getting updated with a new AccountId, but if (Util.hasChanges(fieldsTracked, opp, trigger.oldMap.get(opp.Id))) still produces 'FALSE'.

We locked down the Account Owner field on the page layout, but the owner can still change the ownership.

We want to lock this ability down so that only certain profiles can change the ownership.

I wrote some code, but what I need to do is identify the User or profileID performing the update.

So in other words, a 'before update' trigger where if v_allowed_IDs .contains "the ProfileID performing the update" then update object, else return.

Is it possible to programatically use "the ProfileID performing the update"?

Thanks. Regards,

I am developing a page in which i want to show total number accounts who have certain condition, my code is like this:
Code:
 if (ptotalRecords == 0)
       {
            try
            {
              ptotalRecords = [select count() from Account WHERE (Hierarchy_Status__c = 0 OR Hierarchy_Status__c = null) AND (parent_duns_number__c != null OR Ultimate_Parent_D_B_Number__c != null)];
            }
            catch(Exception ex)
            {
                 ptotalRecords = -1; 
            }
      }

if (ptotalRecords == -1)
         return '10,000+';
      else
         return ptotalRecords+ '';

Even though i have put everything in try and catch block i still get the following error:

System.Exception: Too many query rows: 10001

it seems as a developer i do not have the right to choose the fate of my App!