• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Working on a formula to ultimately get the week number of the quarter, and figured I would need to start with the week of the year.  I have found a few samples here on the boards, but I am not completely clear on how they work, and I am still having issues with the last week of the year.

Here is my Week Number Formula:

MOD(FLOOR( ( Test_Date__c -DATEVALUE("2006-01-01" ))/7),52)

Here is my Week in the Quarter Formula:

WeekNumber__c - CASE(Current_Quarter__c , 1, 0, 2, 13, 3, 26, 4, 39, 0)

Here is the Current Quarter Formula I am referencing in my Week of the Quarter Formula:

CEILING(MOD(FLOOR( ( Test_Date__c -DATEVALUE("2006-01-01" ))/7),52)/13)

Eventually I am going to have to compile all of these functions into one big formula, but for now I have them broken out.  Looking forward to this discussion!

-Brandy

Its gone!!! I am so sad.  Is there any way we can still get it?  Private link?  Id really like to dissect that app some more.

So I have an Excel Connector query of the PricebookEntry table, and I need to update some prices.  The problem is that when I run the update call, it looks like it is successful from the Excel Connector side, but the record does not actually get updated in Salesforce.  Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?  This should not be affected by 18 character Precebook Entry Id's, right?  

I am stumped.

Hi Reid,

I installed Action Plans in a PE org, and all seems fine, until I go assign action plans to Contacts usingg the Contacts List View.

The Action Plans Recoreds are created in the Action Plans tab, it says they are related to the Contacts I selected, but the tasks are not showing up anywhwere. 

Please help!

So i just came across this app today, and it looks pretty cool, but obviously older and in need of updating.

http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016aeTEAQ

Just wondering if there are any plans to upgrade this.  Also, is there any kind of way to see a demo of how this is intended to work?  That would be really helpful.

Thanks!

So in all the demos I have seen of Chatter lately, they demo uploading a document to a chatter feed post, it gets added to Content, and then there are a couple of links for that doc in the feed post, view, download, and also 'deliver'.  I don't see how to do this in my org.  Is this one of those Safe Harbor things?

I am working on a fairly basic Quote template using the new standard Quote object, and all is well until I get tot he <apex:repeat> section where I want to list all the Quote Line Items associated with the Quote.

I have this:

<apex:repeat var="line" value="{!Quote.QuoteLineItem}">

And I am getting this error message:  

Error: Invalid field QuoteLineItem for SObject Quote

I am using the standard Quote controller.  I also get a similar error when I try to use  __r after QuoteLineItem.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks

16 is the latest supported API version for the Excel Connector, in case you were wondering.

You're Welcome.

Thanks to @dschach for tweeting me the answer.

Have a nice day.  

If the Excel Connector could leverage the Bulk API?  

Just sayin.

So last year I re-purposed the force.com labs app Sales Quotes with Line Items to be an Orders app.  This allowed my client to track 'Shipped' orders, as well as 'Projected' orders related to an Opportunity.  This also made it possible to get a more accurate, granular forecast for Sales as well as Production for this manufacturing business.  

I changed the name of the custom objects from Quotes and Quote Lines to Orders and Order Lines.  However, I did not change the API names, which are something like SFDC_255_Quote__c, and SFDC_255_QuoteLines__c because I figured if I did it would mess up the Apex code that makes the Opp Line items bit work.  Its kind of confusing when performing admin functions to have to remember that SFDC_255_Quote__c is really Orders, so I would like to change it, but I'm a little scared.  

How would I approach changing the object API names to more accurately reflect what this object is and does?  Bear in mind I am a complete force.com IDE neophyte, and I know extremely little about Apex.  

Thanks! 

I have pulling information via the excel connector and I am trying to pull information from the CONTACTS.

After I select Contacts I see the listing of the fields but it is missing PHONE.  Any ideas how to get this listed? This is the field I need to do bulk updates on.

Thanks

• April 21, 2011

I've updated the connector for PE to allow use of the 16.0 API and office toolkit 4.0

All new downloads are located here : http://code.google.com/p/excel-connector/

The old site will redirect to the new site on code.google.com

Downloads:

http://code.google.com/p/excel-connector/downloads/list

enjoy.

:smileyvery-happy:

PS: connector downloads hit 100,000 earlier this year.

Working on a formula to ultimately get the week number of the quarter, and figured I would need to start with the week of the year.  I have found a few samples here on the boards, but I am not completely clear on how they work, and I am still having issues with the last week of the year.

Here is my Week Number Formula:

MOD(FLOOR( ( Test_Date__c -DATEVALUE("2006-01-01" ))/7),52)

Here is my Week in the Quarter Formula:

WeekNumber__c - CASE(Current_Quarter__c , 1, 0, 2, 13, 3, 26, 4, 39, 0)

Here is the Current Quarter Formula I am referencing in my Week of the Quarter Formula:

CEILING(MOD(FLOOR( ( Test_Date__c -DATEVALUE("2006-01-01" ))/7),52)/13)

Eventually I am going to have to compile all of these functions into one big formula, but for now I have them broken out.  Looking forward to this discussion!

-Brandy

Its gone!!! I am so sad.  Is there any way we can still get it?  Private link?  Id really like to dissect that app some more.

Hi Reid,

I installed Action Plans in a PE org, and all seems fine, until I go assign action plans to Contacts usingg the Contacts List View.

The Action Plans Recoreds are created in the Action Plans tab, it says they are related to the Contacts I selected, but the tasks are not showing up anywhwere. 

Please help!

So i just came across this app today, and it looks pretty cool, but obviously older and in need of updating.

http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016aeTEAQ

Just wondering if there are any plans to upgrade this.  Also, is there any kind of way to see a demo of how this is intended to work?  That would be really helpful.

Thanks!

Is there a way of modifying Action Plans to include assigning a task to an object's owner? Seems like right now it can only assign to a specific user or the user creating the plan. It's important for us to be able to have one person creating plans on behalf of someone else - so owner is critical.

Also, can Action Plans be created via a Workflow? If not, I presume an apex trigger can be created so that a specific template is used to create an action plan based upon some pre-defined factor?

• August 10, 2010

I am working on a fairly basic Quote template using the new standard Quote object, and all is well until I get tot he <apex:repeat> section where I want to list all the Quote Line Items associated with the Quote.

I have this:

<apex:repeat var="line" value="{!Quote.QuoteLineItem}">

And I am getting this error message:  

Error: Invalid field QuoteLineItem for SObject Quote

I am using the standard Quote controller.  I also get a similar error when I try to use  __r after QuoteLineItem.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks

Missing feature
Apex ClassesInstalling this package requires the following feature and its associated permissions: Apex Classes
Missing feature
Apex TriggersInstalling this package requires the following feature and its associated permissions: Apex Triggers

I'm relatively new to the SForce Connector.

What I would like to do is use the connector to add new contacts. I have spreadsheets with contact data from vendor shows, and I would like to add them into SF. This is pretty easy to do with the SForce Connector, but is there a way to check for duplicates first?

To clarify, I would like the SF Connector to first query to find duplicates, then add any that are not already in SF.

Message Edited by mruseless on 03-28-2010 12:13 PM

In Sweden and some other parts of Europe the week numbering is often using the ISO 8601 standard that says that the first week of the year is the first week with at least 4 days in the new year. Some consequences of this is that the final dates of one year can be week 52, 53 or even week 1( in the following year). The same goes for the first dates of a year.

To be able to do weekly comparison report Year-to-Year with this weeknumbering it is necessary to create custom fields for the opportunity that calculates the Year and Week number for a given close date. Here is one solution using three custom formula fields.

Field: Global Sales Report Weekday

Description:  Day 1 = Sunday, 2 = Monday....., 7=Saturday

Formula:  MOD( CloseDate  - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7)+1

Field: Global Sales Report Week Year

Formula: YEAR(CloseDate + (MOD(8- Global_Sales_Report_Weekday__c ,7)-3))

Field: Global Sales Report Week

Formula:

FLOOR((CloseDate - DATE( Global_Sales_Report_Week_Year__c ,1,1) +
MOD(
(MOD( DATE(Global_Sales_Report_Week_Year__c,1,1) - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7)+1)
+1,7)-3) / 7 + 1)

Hope this can be of use for anyone else

Peter Baeza

InfoAction AB, Sweden

• March 15, 2010

So last year I re-purposed the force.com labs app Sales Quotes with Line Items to be an Orders app.  This allowed my client to track 'Shipped' orders, as well as 'Projected' orders related to an Opportunity.  This also made it possible to get a more accurate, granular forecast for Sales as well as Production for this manufacturing business.  

I changed the name of the custom objects from Quotes and Quote Lines to Orders and Order Lines.  However, I did not change the API names, which are something like SFDC_255_Quote__c, and SFDC_255_QuoteLines__c because I figured if I did it would mess up the Apex code that makes the Opp Line items bit work.  Its kind of confusing when performing admin functions to have to remember that SFDC_255_Quote__c is really Orders, so I would like to change it, but I'm a little scared.  

How would I approach changing the object API names to more accurately reflect what this object is and does?  Bear in mind I am a complete force.com IDE neophyte, and I know extremely little about Apex.  

Thanks! 

Welcome to the Force.com Labs discussion board -- I'm glad you're here.  This is an experiment in connecting Force.com Labs users with Force.com Labs authors.  Have a question about an app?  A feature request?  An app request?  Just want to talk about your favorite or least favorite?  You're in the right place.
  • March 02, 2010

Hi - hopefully a simple question.

I'm trying to create a custom button to send a template email to the lead.

I've found some relevant board posts but they all seem for more complicated uses - I'm simply looking for a button that would mimic the following:

Activity:Send An Email

Select Template

[template id]

Send

Does that make sense?  I'm familiar with how to create buttons, I just can't figure out the syntax.   

I'm using the Excel connector to update pricing in the PricebookEntry table. Our org has extended the available decimal places for pricing to 8 because we do fractional pricing. That means we can have prices that look like 0.125, 0.375, 0.32845678, and so on. If I enter these prices through the UI, no problem and they are correct. If I use the connector, it truncates them to 2 decimal places only.

I made sure the Excel column is formatted to show 8 places and the prices are correct in the cells. I update the cells and use Update Selected Cells, and the result in salesforce is 0.12, 0.37, 0.32.

It doesn't seem to matter if the column is formatted for numbers or currency.

[edit] I just tried the same update with the data loader and it worked fine, so the problem is definitely with the connector.

[edit2] I also tried using the connector with a custom currency field on the Product2 record and it successfully maintained the 3-decimal value. So the problem looks like it's specifically with the PricebookEntry UnitPrice and not other custom fields.

Mark

Message Edited by MarkL on 02-23-2007 09:31 AM

Message Edited by MarkL on 02-23-2007 09:54 AM