• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I am wondering if I can create a validation rule that checks to see if a picklist has an item selected and if it does multi-picklist on a custom related list must have the item selected or the validation fails.  I had this working when the multi-picklist field was on the Opportunity page but requirements changed that required me to have it put in a related list.

Bottom line, is there a way to validate against a related list from the opportunity page and if so can you please provide me some direction?

Need help. I am creating a Visualforce email template that will simply pull some detial record information then the line item detial associated with the record and send to a contact via email. I continue to get an error when trying to reference the custom object I created "CSP Order". Does anyone know how I can get this to work? I have one written for oportunities and oportunity line items that works. Just can not get the cusotm object to work. 

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Part Order" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="CSP_Order__c">
<messaging:htmlEmailBody>
<apex:variable var="SubTotal" value="{!0.00}"/>
<html>
<body style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
<table width="700px" style="border-collapse: collapse" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" ID="Table1">
<tr>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="50%">
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" ID="Table2">
<tr>
<td><b>{!$Organization.Name}</b><br/>{!$Organization.Street}<br/>{!$Organization.City}, {!$Organization.State}&nbsp;{!$Organization.PostalCode}<br/>Phone:&nbsp;{!$Organization.Phone}<br/>Fax:&nbsp;{!$Organization.Fax}</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
<td align="right" valign="top"><b>CSP Order</b><br/>
<table border="1" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="black" style="border-collapse: collapse" ID="Table3">
<tr>
<td align="center">Date</td>
<td align="center">CSP Order</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center">&nbsp;{!month(TODAY())}/{!day(TODAY())}/{!year(TODAY())}&nbsp;</td>
<td align="center">&nbsp;{!CSP_Order__c.Name}&nbsp;</td>

</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2">
<table width="100%" border="1" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="black" style="border-collapse: collapse" ID="Table4">
<tr>
<td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Ship To:</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top">{!CSP_Order__c.Site_Name__c}<br/>
{!CSP_Order__c.Address__c}<br/>
{!CSP_Order__c.City__c},&nbsp;{!CSP_Order__c.ST_Prov__c},&nbsp;{!CSP_Order__c.Zip__c}<br/>
{!CSP_Order__c.Site_Contact__c}<br/>
{!CSP_Order__c.Site_Contact_Email__c}<br/>
{!CSP_Order__c.Site_Contact_Phone__c}</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2">
<table width="100%" border="1" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="black" style="border-collapse: collapse" ID="Table5">
<tr>
<td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Special Notes:</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top">{!relatedTo.Ship_To__c}</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2" align="right">&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2" align="right">
<table width="300px" border="1" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="black" style="border-collapse: collapse" ID="Table7">
<tr>
<td align="center">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Case Number</td>
<td align="center">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Serial Number</td>
<td align="center">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Ship Method</td>
<td align="center">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Parent Account</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center">{!Case.CaseNumber}</td>
<td align="center">{!CSP_Order__c.Sys_Serial_Number__c}</td>
<td align="center">{!CSP_Order__c.Ship_Meathod__c}</td>
<td align="center">{!Account.Parent}</td>
</tr>
</table>
<br/>
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="black" border="1" style="border-collapse: collapse">
<tr align="center">
<td>Item</td>
<td>Description</td>
<td>Quantity</td>
<td>BIOS/Rev</td>
</tr>
<apex:repeat value="{!CSP_Line__c}" var="cspLine">
<tr valign="top">
<td align="left" style="border-style: none solid solid solid;">{!CSP_Line_Item__c.Product__c}</td>
<td align="left" style="border-style: none solid solid solid;">{!CSP_Line_Item__c.Part_Desc__c}</td>
<td align="center" style="border-style: none solid solid solid;">{!CSP_Line_Item__c.Qty__c}</td>
<td align="left" style="border-style: none solid solid solid;">{!CSP_Line_Item__c.BIOS_REV_Etc__c}</td>
</tr>
</apex:repeat>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>
</messaging:htmlEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

• November 30, 2011

Hello,

I am wondering if I can create a validation rule that checks to see if a picklist has an item selected and if it does multi-picklist on a custom related list must have the item selected or the validation fails.  I had this working when the multi-picklist field was on the Opportunity page but requirements changed that required me to have it put in a related list.

Bottom line, is there a way to validate against a related list from the opportunity page and if so can you please provide me some direction?

Can we add fields to the Quick Create screen that users can create accounts with.

I have required fields when an account is created within SFDC.

I'd like to add additional fields to the "quick create" within the outlook tool