• 25 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Custom object --> Details (fields include currency 'Bill Amount'; lookup Case)

Case object --> field includes currency 'Rollup Bill Amount'

Trigger on Details object for INSERT & DELETE works fine.  UPDATE is challenging. For Detail record update, following can happen:

1. Case could change, or be added, or deleted ('orphaned' Detail)
  2. Bill Amount can change (this scenario is easy to handle)

I am struggling with item#1 above, and keeping within gov limits on my SOQL queries. Does anyone hav any suggestions/experience with this?

Thanks!!

Ican't figure out how to default an inputText to a particular value, so that the user can overwrite with something else, and this new value gets passed to my controller.  In the example below, I have an old phone number for the Contact displaying, and I have an inputtxt field for the user to enter a new phone number.  I want the old number to populate in this field, so the user can overwrite it, click a button, and the controller takes over to add a change record (on another object-not on Contact).

<apex:outputField value="{!contact.Phone}" id="contactOldPhone"/> <apex:outputLabel for="contactNewPhone">New Email <apex:inputText value="{!contactNewPhone}"/> </apex:outputLabel>

Put your code in the code paste box

Message Edited by mtbclimber on 03-18-2010 01:19 PM

hi , pls help me out  for open visualforce page as lightbox on clicking detail page link button

thanks

• July 14, 2010

Custom object --> Details (fields include currency 'Bill Amount'; lookup Case)

Case object --> field includes currency 'Rollup Bill Amount'

Trigger on Details object for INSERT & DELETE works fine.  UPDATE is challenging. For Detail record update, following can happen:

1. Case could change, or be added, or deleted ('orphaned' Detail)
  2. Bill Amount can change (this scenario is easy to handle)

I am struggling with item#1 above, and keeping within gov limits on my SOQL queries. Does anyone hav any suggestions/experience with this?

Thanks!!

Ican't figure out how to default an inputText to a particular value, so that the user can overwrite with something else, and this new value gets passed to my controller.  In the example below, I have an old phone number for the Contact displaying, and I have an inputtxt field for the user to enter a new phone number.  I want the old number to populate in this field, so the user can overwrite it, click a button, and the controller takes over to add a change record (on another object-not on Contact).

<apex:outputField value="{!contact.Phone}" id="contactOldPhone"/> <apex:outputLabel for="contactNewPhone">New Email <apex:inputText value="{!contactNewPhone}"/> </apex:outputLabel>

Put your code in the code paste box

Message Edited by mtbclimber on 03-18-2010 01:19 PM
we enabled partner portal in sites login settings when we try to create a user we are getting “The site is not enabled for registration” error but when we changed the login settings to customer portal we are able create user. Can you please provide any suggestion?