I'm trying to make some files we uploaded into salesforce crm content downloadable or accessible by another page via Sites. For instance, say, an mp3, either downloaded or requested by mediaplayer on a webpage.
According to the docs 'To download a document via the API, you must export the VersionData of the document.'
Well... I've tried a couple variations with a visualforce page to retrieve/export the contentversion, but (as expected) no luck.
Does anyone have any good ideas on how to do this?
Thanks in advance,
Has anyone else run into this problem and might have a solution?
Salesforce Content looks like a great new feature for SF. The on-line help says that it is only available for Unlimited, Enterprise, and Professional editions. This implies a few things that I'd like to confirm:
1. Since Content is not available in a development org, does that mean we cannot develop applications using Content?
2. Does that mean we cannot include Content functionality at all in an AppExchange app?
3. Is there an API to access Content?
4. Where is Content stored? Is it in the SF database or "in the cloud" and, if it is in the cloud, can I access Content directly (via API) or do I have to go through the SF interface?
5. What limits are there on Content? The training slide said there were limits, but didn't define what they are.