• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

We have enabled person account for our organisation.

While enabling the person account we came to know that salesforce count person account and person contact record as seperate storage.

But when we try to reference person contact it takes us to person accounts and also if we try to delete the person account through data loader it throughs an error that cannot reference person contact.

This reflects that both use same storage space.

I am confused about it.....!

This is driving me crazy! I have come to the Excel Connector because I needed a bi-directional data tool so I can correct some text errors in the lead source fields of converted leads. I understand that Data Loader is available in EE but I have PE so I thought this would be the answer. However, when I attempted to edit the data I get an error message that says, "Update Row Failed: cannot reference converted lead."

Am I correctly understanding that the Excel Connector will update any data in SF except data in a converted lead???????? Why is this data so guarded that it appears to be impossible to edit any textual info that has no formulas or logic running against it? I have some lead sources from previous months that are incorrect and they skew my report and require me to manually correct them every time.; Simple things like a lead source of "ASP 2008" should be "ASP 0208". I don't want to delete the converted lead and then convert a corrected lead because it will throw off the date of the conversion and break the connection with the existing opportunity. There must be a way? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message Edited by DalStar1999 on 07-25-2008 02:32 PM

Message Edited by DalStar1999 on 07-25-2008 02:34 PM

Message Edited by DalStar1999 on 07-25-2008 02:50 PM