• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

hi,

i am trying to retrieve the search result data but i always end up with some exception

query1:

FIND 'map*' IN ALL FIELDS RETURNING Developer__kav (id)

Compile Error: line 1, column 14: Implementation restriction: When querying or searching the Developer__kav object, you must filter using the following syntax: Id = [single ID], Id IN [list of ID's] or PublishStatus = [status]. In addition PublishStatus is only permitted in a top-level AND condition.

now i have added the PublishStatus='Online'

query2:

system.debug([FIND 'map*' IN ALL FIELDS RETURNING Developer__kav (id) where PublishStatus='Online' ]);

Compile Error: line 1, column 70: expecting right square bracket, found 'where'

i have configured my sandbox demo in the eclipse and tried to access the data from the article object 

but i get this error

unable to open SchemaBrowse.
Reason:
Malformed_query - Implementation restricition: when 
querying or searching the test__kav object,you must filter using the fo

unable to open SchemaBrowser.

Reason:Malformed_query - Implementation restriction: When querying or searching the Developer__kav object, you must filter using the following syntax: Id = [single ID], Id IN [list of ID's] or PublishStatus = [status]. In addition PublishStatus is only permitted in a top-level AND condition.

please help me fix this

• May 13, 2010

I am trying to pass a string representing a data category to a controller and then filter my SOQL query for knowledge based on that.

Ideally I would like to do something like:

public String release { get; set; }

public List<FAQ__kav> getFAQsForRelease()
    {
        List<FAQ__kav> faqlist = [select id, Title, Answer__c from FAQ__kav WHERE PublishStatus = 'Online' WITH DATA CATEGORY Releases__c ABOVE release];  
        return faqlist;
    }

but I can't figure out if there is any possible way to convert the string object 'release' into an datacategory type. Maybe a helper function or something?

I realize a big block of if / else if statements would do the trick, but I am hoping there is a cleaner solution. Thanks in advance.

• April 20, 2010

hi,

i am trying to retrieve the search result data but i always end up with some exception

query1:

FIND 'map*' IN ALL FIELDS RETURNING Developer__kav (id)

Compile Error: line 1, column 14: Implementation restriction: When querying or searching the Developer__kav object, you must filter using the following syntax: Id = [single ID], Id IN [list of ID's] or PublishStatus = [status]. In addition PublishStatus is only permitted in a top-level AND condition.

now i have added the PublishStatus='Online'

query2:

system.debug([FIND 'map*' IN ALL FIELDS RETURNING Developer__kav (id) where PublishStatus='Online' ]);

Compile Error: line 1, column 70: expecting right square bracket, found 'where'

i have configured my sandbox demo in the eclipse and tried to access the data from the article object 

but i get this error

unable to open SchemaBrowse.
Reason:
Malformed_query - Implementation restricition: when 
querying or searching the test__kav object,you must filter using the fo

unable to open SchemaBrowser.

Reason:Malformed_query - Implementation restriction: When querying or searching the Developer__kav object, you must filter using the following syntax: Id = [single ID], Id IN [list of ID's] or PublishStatus = [status]. In addition PublishStatus is only permitted in a top-level AND condition.

please help me fix this

• May 13, 2010

I am trying to pass a string representing a data category to a controller and then filter my SOQL query for knowledge based on that.

Ideally I would like to do something like:

public String release { get; set; }

public List<FAQ__kav> getFAQsForRelease()
    {
        List<FAQ__kav> faqlist = [select id, Title, Answer__c from FAQ__kav WHERE PublishStatus = 'Online' WITH DATA CATEGORY Releases__c ABOVE release];  
        return faqlist;
    }

but I can't figure out if there is any possible way to convert the string object 'release' into an datacategory type. Maybe a helper function or something?

I realize a big block of if / else if statements would do the trick, but I am hoping there is a cleaner solution. Thanks in advance.

• April 20, 2010