• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am trying to write a trigger on Event what will update a custom field on Event with a value from the Contact. (We want to capture the value in this field at the time of the call).    I thought that this would be fairly easy, but I am having difficulties.  Has anyone done something similar?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have no experience writing triggers and am looking for a sample that I can use to create my trigger.  Any examples would be appreciated.

When an Opportunity is being created or updated, I need to set a check box to true if the mailing address on the Contact is blank.

I have 2 custom fields on the Contact object whose values must be changed from the default value after a call is entered in the Event table.  I am trying to determine the best way to accomplish this.  I want it to flag the fields in error the next time the Contact is entered.  Is it better to add a call flag to the Contact table that gets set once a call is entered?  Is there a way to  develop code to count the calls when the Contact screen is entered - if the count is greater than 0, flag the field in error?   I have not done anything too complicated yet, so any direction would be appreciated.

I am trying to write a trigger on Event what will update a custom field on Event with a value from the Contact. (We want to capture the value in this field at the time of the call).    I thought that this would be fairly easy, but I am having difficulties.  Has anyone done something similar?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have no experience writing triggers and am looking for a sample that I can use to create my trigger.  Any examples would be appreciated.

When an Opportunity is being created or updated, I need to set a check box to true if the mailing address on the Contact is blank.