• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have recently used Eclipse to move a working Visualforce application to a new org.  The transfer went smoothly for the most part once I removed the namespace references.  A problem seems to have occurred with one of my custom objects.  This object is used as a many-to-many link between another custom object in our application, and the Contact object. 

I realized one of our querys of this object was not returning anything.  I began using Apex Explorer to attempt to isolate the failure.  What I found was that the object was not appearing on the list of objects for the org.  After reading some other posts here, I attempted to delete and recreate the object.  What I eventually found was that if I create the object new, it appears in the Explorer.  After adding a 1st Master-Detail, it still exists.  When I add the 2nd Master-Detail however, it suddenly disappears from the list and queries involving the object fail with INVALID_TYPE errors.  Deleting the 2nd Master-Detail field causes the object to reappear in the list and queries to work succesfully.  From this I can only assume that for some bizarre reason the 2nd Master-Detail field is causing an error with the object.  If anyone has any experience with this issue or work-arounds I would be grateful.  This error is especially a problem because this is a working application in another org and it is not feasible for us to redesign around the issue.

I am trying to move a new app we created to our partner/de org (since we are only allowed 1 manage app in our dev org.  I pulled only the objects, pages, and classes used by the new application using Eclipse.  I then tried to push them to the new partner org.  I could not successfully push the pages or classes.  I tried just pushing the objects, and that showed me what the problem was.  Currently the object API names are all in the format nstest1__EDocument__c.  However, when I use Eclipse to deploy them to the new org, it strips out the 'nstest1__’ beginning.  This then breaks all of the existing code, and since the code wouldn’t run properly SF does not allow Eclipse to deploy it to the new org.

I guess I understand that object names are unique, but I don’t understand the point of the Deploy functionality if this is true.  I don’t see how the same code can exist on different orgs when the objects cannot be deployed to different orgs.

Is there a way to increase the number of managed packages allowed (we already have 1 managed package and cannot upload another) or a simple way to transfer to a new dev org.  When we transfer via eclispe it strips out the first namespace 

Is there a way to increase the number of managed packages allowed (we already have 1 managed package and cannot upload another) or a simple way to transfer to a new dev org.  When we transfer via eclispe it strips out the first namespace