• 25 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Why are the name of the address fields in the Account "Street Address" and "Mailing Address", when the labels in the setup "Billing Address" and "Shipping Address".   Is there anyway to change this so it reads "Billing" and "Shipping" on the Account page?  My reps are having a hard time remembering what field is the "Billing Address".  This doesn't make sense why Salesforce did this.

Sean

• September 02, 2010

Newbie Here,

I've created a workflow that triggers an email alert for an opportunity when a field is populated with a number.   Unfortunately the email gets sent from the active user updating the opportunity, not the owner of the opportunity.  I don't have any options when creating an email update to select a "From" email other than the "Current User".

Can this be changed in any way to "Opportunity Owner Email"? 

Thanks

• August 31, 2010

Newbie here, and was wondering if there was a way to create an area on the Account Page that would list all of the products entered in Opportunities that were closed, with quantities or prices?

It's kind of hard to go to an account and know what they've ordered in the past, without looking in each opportunity. 

Any thoughts?

• August 24, 2010

Hello,

Having a problem updating a custom field in a Task.  I created a field called Time Zone, that I want to update with the field Time Zone from a Lead, when created or edited.  When I try and write a formula, I get an error that the field Lead does not exist.  Here's my formula.  It works with the Account Field "Time Zone", but not the Lead Field.  Please help.

if (Id <> null,  {!Lead.Time_Zone__c}, {!Lead.Time_Zone__c})

Thank you.

• August 23, 2010

Hello, was wondering if it's possible to set a default value, with a formula, for a custom field in an Activity.  I want to insert the Time Zone from the Lead or the Account page in this field by default when a task is created.

Thanks

• August 20, 2010

I'm trying to update a custom field I created in a Task named "Time Zone".  I want to update this field everytime a task is created with a field in a lead.  The field in the lead has an Id number of 00NA0000001EtRV.  I made a workflow to trigger the field update when the field is "NULL", but don't know how to write a formula to say I want the task "Time Zone" to equal the lead Id (00NA0000001EtRV).

thanks,

Sean

• August 20, 2010

I'm trying to use a field update to bring out a phone number from a "Fax" field, and convert it to just a numerical sequence.  Could find a formula that would do this in the formula editor.   For example I want to convert fax # (818) 555-1212 into 8185551212, and add it onto an email.  Is there a formula that will take this string and remove the () and spaces?  So far I've done this:

"1"&FAX&"@concordsend.com"

Which gives me 1(818) 555-1212@concordsend.com.

I want: 18185551212@concordsend.com

Thanks,

Sean

• August 17, 2010

I'm trying to make a validation rule so my sales floor can't enter anything but items from a picklist in the subject line of a task.  I have the formula figured out, but can't seem to add a line for the emails.  By default the subject fills in with "Email: subject wording of the email".  Is there a way to put in "Email: (wildcard value)" in my formula" so that anything starting with the subect of "Email:" would be valid, and anything following the words "Email:" would be wildcard?  Here's what I got.

NOT(Subject = "Intro Call"
||Subject = "Detail Call"
||Subject = "Re-close Call"
||Subject = "Maint Call"
||Subject = "Maintenance Call"
||Subject = "Not Available"
||Subject = "Available - No Order"
||Subject = "Closed Order" 
||Subject = "Call Tag Request Sent"
||Subject = "Email: *")

Need help on the last line.  Thanks.

• August 16, 2010

Is it possible to combine 2 buttons into one in an Opportunity?  I have one button that changes a field to a certain value, then another custom button that creates a task.   Below is the code I tried to use to combine using the && operator, with no success.  It one does the first set of instructions.

/{!Opportunity.Id}/e?
save=1
&00NA0000004aPgM=Send
&&
/00T/e?title=Call Tag Request Sent
&save=1
&what_id={!Opportunity.Id}
&followup=1
&tsk5=Call Tag Request Sent
&retURL=%2F{!Opportunity.Id}

Thanks alot.

Sean

• August 14, 2010

I'm trying to make a button to change a field in an Opportunity.  I need to know where to find the field labels that I so commonly see in the buttons I already have like "opp11, opp9, opp10" etc.  Where do I find this list so I can use the "&opp??="text" function in my code.  Here's an example of a similar button but all I need to do is change the field label on the 3rd line below.  Thanks.

/{!Opportunity.Id}/e?
save=1
&opp11="Closed Won"

A list of these field labels would be helpful...

Sean

• August 13, 2010

Is there a way to make a button change what is in a field?  Like a button that labeled "Send Order" to change a field with a drop down list of "1,2,3,4" of 1 as the default to 4.  Pressing the button would change the field from 1 to 4.

Thanks,

Sean

• August 13, 2010

hello,

I currently have an Opportunity button, that preforms a function of changing a drop down field to a specific item.  Listed below.  My question is, I want to make a new button to change another field in the Opportunity, and I don't know how to specify the field like the code below "&opp11".  I assum "opp11" designates list field number.  How do I know what the field numbers are, like opp12, opp13, etc.?

/{!Opportunity.Id}/e?
save=1
&opp11="Closed Won"

Thanks.

• August 13, 2010

New to Development, and need to know where to go to create a Visualforce page with a controller, then implement it into an Opportunity.  Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Sean

• August 09, 2010

Is there a way to create a button that would generate a date/time stamp in the comments area of a task?

• August 06, 2010

Was wondering if there is a way to make a Drop down list for the Subject line in Tasks.  I realize by default we can add to a picklist, but I'm trying to prevent the subject line from being modified or typed in, and limited to just a few choices.  It appears that most of the fields are locked down, and required in the task area.

• August 06, 2010

Hello,

I'm new to Apex coding and was wondering how a VF page would look for creating a button that would export data in an opportunity.   I'm trying to give my users the ability to hit the button in an opportunity and export company name, address, sales order # into a Network Access Database or an Excel Spreadsheet.  We'll use this database to create call tags via UPS to return an order (completed Opportunity). 

Sean

• August 02, 2010

Was wondering if there was a way to create a custom button, in an Opportunity, that would be able to export data in fields of an opportunity to an Access Database or Excel Sheet?

Seanno

• August 01, 2010

Is it possible to create a button in an Opportunity that would export data from specific fields in the opportunity to an outside source, like an Access Database?

• August 01, 2010

Was wondering if there is a way to create a button that would extract data in feilds (name, address, city) on an opportunity to a Microsoft Access Database?

Sean Beshore

sbeshore@ovationmed.com

Is there a work around for Workflows that Update Fields where the limit for the Formula is 3900.  I want to create an "IF" formula that would include 1800 cities in California with Sales tax Rates that would automatically update custom field we have in Opportunities called "Sales Tax Rate" (the formula I created is around 100,000 characters).   Does anyone know of any other way to apply sales tax to opportunities automatically depending on city/state???

Is there a way to create a button that would generate a date/time stamp in the comments area of a task?

• August 06, 2010

I'm trying to make a validation rule so my sales floor can't enter anything but items from a picklist in the subject line of a task.  I have the formula figured out, but can't seem to add a line for the emails.  By default the subject fills in with "Email: subject wording of the email".  Is there a way to put in "Email: (wildcard value)" in my formula" so that anything starting with the subect of "Email:" would be valid, and anything following the words "Email:" would be wildcard?  Here's what I got.

NOT(Subject = "Intro Call"
||Subject = "Detail Call"
||Subject = "Re-close Call"
||Subject = "Maint Call"
||Subject = "Maintenance Call"
||Subject = "Not Available"
||Subject = "Available - No Order"
||Subject = "Closed Order" 
||Subject = "Call Tag Request Sent"
||Subject = "Email: *")

Need help on the last line.  Thanks.

• August 16, 2010

I'm trying to make a button to change a field in an Opportunity.  I need to know where to find the field labels that I so commonly see in the buttons I already have like "opp11, opp9, opp10" etc.  Where do I find this list so I can use the "&opp??="text" function in my code.  Here's an example of a similar button but all I need to do is change the field label on the 3rd line below.  Thanks.

/{!Opportunity.Id}/e?
save=1
&opp11="Closed Won"

A list of these field labels would be helpful...

Sean

• August 13, 2010

Is there a way to make a button change what is in a field?  Like a button that labeled "Send Order" to change a field with a drop down list of "1,2,3,4" of 1 as the default to 4.  Pressing the button would change the field from 1 to 4.

Thanks,

Sean

• August 13, 2010

Was wondering if there is a way to make a Drop down list for the Subject line in Tasks.  I realize by default we can add to a picklist, but I'm trying to prevent the subject line from being modified or typed in, and limited to just a few choices.  It appears that most of the fields are locked down, and required in the task area.

• August 06, 2010

Hello,

I'm new to Apex coding and was wondering how a VF page would look for creating a button that would export data in an opportunity.   I'm trying to give my users the ability to hit the button in an opportunity and export company name, address, sales order # into a Network Access Database or an Excel Spreadsheet.  We'll use this database to create call tags via UPS to return an order (completed Opportunity). 

Sean

• August 02, 2010

Is there a work around for Workflows that Update Fields where the limit for the Formula is 3900.  I want to create an "IF" formula that would include 1800 cities in California with Sales tax Rates that would automatically update custom field we have in Opportunities called "Sales Tax Rate" (the formula I created is around 100,000 characters).   Does anyone know of any other way to apply sales tax to opportunities automatically depending on city/state???