• 25 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm developing a software package.  It's good to go and passes all tests when I package it as managed beta or released

Here's the error I'm seeing when I try to install this beta package into a sandbox in a different org  (or the released package into a non-sandbox in a different org)

enhancedcomponenttestsuite.testTestObject()

Apex Classes(XXXXX) (where XXXXX is the ID of the apex class: enhancedComponentTestSuite).

System.AssertException: Assertion Failed
(FormationLite)
External entry point

This isn't very informative is it?  In the test method testTestObject(), there are 40 System.assert calls.

Here's the crazy part though:  I commented out every single one, repackaged, and I still see this error when trying to install.  Is this error message lying to me?

I have no idea where to turn.  Can somebody please help me?  All I want is a meaningful error message.

I need help understanding what determines the sequence in which multiple field updates tied to a single workflow rules would execute.  I understand that I can turn on the debug log and see the order in which they get executed.  Is it possible that the same configuration setup in two different orgs could result in a different order in which the field updates run?

The problem I'm having is that I am trying to update multiple values on a parent record in an M/D relationship.  I had to write the formulas in the field updates differently because in org A, three updates ran in 1, 2, 3 order whereas in Org B, they ran in 3, 2, 1 order.  Is this really possible or is it a result of other changes that I have made.

If you search help and find the question, "In what order are automation rules and Apex triggers processed?", in the Additional Notes section there is a comment stating "There is no way to control the order of execution WITHIN each group..."

Any input is most appreciated.

Beginning Sat 6/5, my evaluation user credentials do not work when trying to launch a test drive from the AppExchange.  I am able to login with the credentials from the browser, however, they do not work when accessing thru AppExchange.  I have already deleted the org relationship from the AppExchange listing and re-established.  This does not seem to make a difference.  any guidance on resolving?

Hi,

I am trying to include two custom profile settings into my managed - beta package components. I am unable to do so. When I have added the custom profile setting to the components of the package it says 'N/A' in 'Available in Versions' column next to the two custom profile setting entries.

Are we allowed to include Profile Setting into packages and use them to get installed with the package in other orgs?

Thanks

I'm developing a software package.  It's good to go and passes all tests when I package it as managed beta or released

Here's the error I'm seeing when I try to install this beta package into a sandbox in a different org  (or the released package into a non-sandbox in a different org)

enhancedcomponenttestsuite.testTestObject()

Apex Classes(XXXXX) (where XXXXX is the ID of the apex class: enhancedComponentTestSuite).

System.AssertException: Assertion Failed
(FormationLite)
External entry point

This isn't very informative is it?  In the test method testTestObject(), there are 40 System.assert calls.

Here's the crazy part though:  I commented out every single one, repackaged, and I still see this error when trying to install.  Is this error message lying to me?

I have no idea where to turn.  Can somebody please help me?  All I want is a meaningful error message.

Beginning Sat 6/5, my evaluation user credentials do not work when trying to launch a test drive from the AppExchange.  I am able to login with the credentials from the browser, however, they do not work when accessing thru AppExchange.  I have already deleted the org relationship from the AppExchange listing and re-established.  This does not seem to make a difference.  any guidance on resolving?