• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Does anyone have any advice on downloading a "private" file stored on Amazon S3, using an Apex method?  I partially understand how to pass a an authenticated request using web services, but I don't know how to "get" the file..  Any suggestions are welcome!!

• September 27, 2010

We're using Visualforce pages more and more here, but we've been working around something for a while that I think is probably pretty simple.

Many times, we have multiple visualpage pages that use different controllers (or extensions) based on the record type, or how many records we want to pull. 

I see there are several different examples using javascript / params to have a user pass a variable value to a controller - we've been successful there.  But I would simply like to set the variable value when the page loads, so for instance if they go to a page that is supposed to display only 30 records, verses a page that is supposed to display 180 records.  Is there a simple way to pass this value to a controller variable using the <apex:page action=""> perhaps?

• September 13, 2010

I'm writing a apex class that uses the Messaging.EmailFileAttachment class. Is there a reason that the 18-character record id does not work when used to attach a pdf of a visualforce page?  I've tried truncating to 15-characters (which does work, as I hard-coded, and also assigned a system.debug variable to watch it fail with 18).  But assigning a truncated string variable back to id automatically attaches those 3 characters again.  Is there another way to go about this?

Sorry - realized that the length of the Id was not the problem.  It only works if I hardcode an Id.  anytime I try and place an Id variable that contains either a 15 or 18 character Id it fails..

My Class:

get {
      if (newrecord == null)
        newrecord = new Admin_Compliance__c();
      return newrecord;
      }
  set;
  }

insert newrecord; 

Id nrid = newrecord.id;

System.debug(nrid);

Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();

PageReference pdf = Page.admincomp_thankyou;
  pdf.getParameters().put('id', nrid);

Does anyone have any advice on downloading a "private" file stored on Amazon S3, using an Apex method?  I partially understand how to pass a an authenticated request using web services, but I don't know how to "get" the file..  Any suggestions are welcome!!

• September 27, 2010

We're using Visualforce pages more and more here, but we've been working around something for a while that I think is probably pretty simple.

Many times, we have multiple visualpage pages that use different controllers (or extensions) based on the record type, or how many records we want to pull. 

I see there are several different examples using javascript / params to have a user pass a variable value to a controller - we've been successful there.  But I would simply like to set the variable value when the page loads, so for instance if they go to a page that is supposed to display only 30 records, verses a page that is supposed to display 180 records.  Is there a simple way to pass this value to a controller variable using the <apex:page action=""> perhaps?

• September 13, 2010

We are currently trying to develop an application on VF where we need to embed charts in PDF. Wanted to see if any one had tried it before or forsee any issues with it.
I had found the following article regarding charts and VisualForce

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Google_Visualizations

Girish

Principal

CM-Focus LLC

Hi, I have created customer portal and added visual force tab also. there is default Home Tab which we can't remove from customer portal.

but can we change the home page content?

if we create multiple customer portal then what would be happen with Home Tab?

Can we use different Home tab for different customer portal?

any hint would be very helpful.

I have been using Force for AWS (http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Installing_Force_for_Amazon_Web_Services)

But it seems most of the methods are not fully finished. Has any one completed the sections in S3.cls that are commented out. Inparticular getObject?

If you have it would be greatly appreciated if you could post your soultion.

Message Edited by dke01 on 12-07-2009 10:20 PM
  • December 08, 2009
This is probably one for the guru's :

Is there any support for DIME attachments in Apex ? (I'm trying to achieve an 'Apex only' integration with Amazon S3)

So far a can list buckets, have users download files etc ... but for sending the files from the SFDC server to Amazon it looks my only valid option would be using DIME attachments in the SOAP calls.

David
Hi,

I created a button with different name for "New Note" under the Notes and Attachments section. My problem is
In the action method for the button when I copy the parent_id using

secondPage.getParameters().put('parent_id',exmsub.Id);

--it copies 18 bit record id an displays the "Data not available " error

but if I remove the last 3 bits of the record-id manually , it displays the page properly.
How do I supply only 15 bit record id for the record I am displaying.

This problem did not arise when I was renaming the Attach File button.

Can anybody tell me where  I am going wrong?

Thanks,
Sirisha