• 25 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi, I really like the Milestones PM app.  One thing I would like to know is how you created a Master Detail relationship between Times and Tasks.  When I have tried to do this for other objects (where Task is the master) it doesn't come up in the list of objects that can be selected.  Is there some trickery involved here?  Thanks, John

• February 24, 2011

So I am digging into Milestones PM more, and of course, its awesome.  I am pretty inexperienced at the discipline of PM, but I need something to keep my stuff on track, plus I want to learn this app so I am modding it a bit to work the way I work. 

I have taken out a lot of the summary fields and the concept of sub milestones, just because I need a more simple model to get started with.  I am thinking that I would like to track Times in relationship to Milestones, rather than Tasks, so I created a lookup on Times to Milestones.  

My question is, is that lame?  I mean If I create a somewhat simple project with a few milestones, and then track time against those, rather than more specific tasks, am I missing out on something?

Any PM wisdom that people want to share is much appreciated.  

I have a strange error message that a user is seeing in a PE org.

Here is a screenshot:

It is a PE org, as you can see. Thanks!

So I am digging into Milestones PM more, and of course, its awesome.  I am pretty inexperienced at the discipline of PM, but I need something to keep my stuff on track, plus I want to learn this app so I am modding it a bit to work the way I work. 

I have taken out a lot of the summary fields and the concept of sub milestones, just because I need a more simple model to get started with.  I am thinking that I would like to track Times in relationship to Milestones, rather than Tasks, so I created a lookup on Times to Milestones.  

My question is, is that lame?  I mean If I create a somewhat simple project with a few milestones, and then track time against those, rather than more specific tasks, am I missing out on something?

Any PM wisdom that people want to share is much appreciated.  

Hi, I really like the Milestones PM app.  One thing I would like to know is how you created a Master Detail relationship between Times and Tasks.  When I have tried to do this for other objects (where Task is the master) it doesn't come up in the list of objects that can be selected.  Is there some trickery involved here?  Thanks, John

• February 24, 2011

I have a strange error message that a user is seeing in a PE org.

Here is a screenshot:

It is a PE org, as you can see. Thanks!

I am a bit of a beginner at formulas, so hopefully one of you will think this is easy, and be able to help. :-)

Customer requirement:

Create a formula field that displays the Week Number (as Week 1, Week 2, etc), based on the Date entered on a particular record (same object).

Ex: 01/01/09 - 01/04/09 would return a value of "Week 1"  

01/05/09 - 01/11/09 = Week 2

01/12/09 - 01/18/09 = Week 3

and so on.....

Is using the CASE function the way to go, and if so, what's the shortest way to create this formula?

Thank you in advance!

S

• April 20, 2009