• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

Firstly, I know this question has been asked previously here. But the suggested solution isn't working for me.

http://community.salesforce.com/t5/AJAX-Toolkit-S-Controls/Look-up-custom-field-id-in-form-at-runtime/m-p/71306

I am trying to create a sample Web-2-Lead form and include it as a VF page in a Package. The problem is that the ID's used for the custom Lead fields are different between organisations. And the custom fields in the W2L field reference those ID's directly. eg:

TestCustomField1:<input  id="00NA00000046zKY" maxlength="20" name="00NA00000046zKY" size="20" type="text" /><br />

It was suggested in the thread above that these ID's would automatically be updated to match the new Field ID's when the package was installed into a new Org. However this didn't work for me.

So again I ask the question, is it possible to retrieve the ID of a field programatically, in Apex or VF? I have looked at the SObjectField and DescribeFieldResult classes, but neither exposes the ID.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• August 05, 2010

Hi All,

Probably a silly question, but here goes.

I have an object, Job_Position, with a Many-to-Many relationship with the Contact Object. The joining object is called Job_Placement.

On my Job_Position page layout I have added the Job_Placement related List. When configuring the fields to display in this related list I can choose the Contact First Name and Last Name, but I cannot see just Name (ie the full name).

As a workaround I could create a forumla field to compute the Full Name, but this doesn't seem like the correct solution.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

I have a List Button placed on a related list which redirects to a VF page. The controller behind the VF page retrieves the list of selected options and the user then performs some operation on those options.

I would like to prevent the redirect to the VF page if the user has not selected any records. I've tried changing the button to a Onclick Javascript and I can detect whether or not there are any options selected, but I'm unable to then Submit their selection and redirect to the VF page. More precisely, I can submit and redirect to the VF page, but the selected options aren't recieved by the controller.

Is there a way to do this?

Here is the javascript on my List button

records = {!GETRECORDIDS($ObjectType.Job_Applicant__c)};

if (records.length < 1) {
  alert('Please select one or more options first.');
} else {
  this.form.action = '/apex/MyVFPage';
  this.form.submit();
}

Appreciate any suggestions. Cheers.

I am developing an application which includes a configuration object that allows a user to specify an image they would like displayed on a VF page. The user must type in the filename of the image and include the image in an existing Static Resource zip file. The visual VF page then retrieves the correct image as below:

<apex:image url="{!URLFOR($Resource.Logos, Logo)}"/>

The Controller Extension has a method getLogo() which returns the appropriate filename.

This is all very nice, however it won't work in a Managed Package because the end user won't be able to update the SR zip file. It will be locked.

Does anybody have a workaround for this. Or an idea of how I might be able to achieve the same result differently?

Many thanks.

I have a List Button placed on a related list which redirects to a VF page. The controller behind the VF page retrieves the list of selected options and the user then performs some operation on those options.

I would like to prevent the redirect to the VF page if the user has not selected any records. I've tried changing the button to a Onclick Javascript and I can detect whether or not there are any options selected, but I'm unable to then Submit their selection and redirect to the VF page. More precisely, I can submit and redirect to the VF page, but the selected options aren't recieved by the controller.

Is there a way to do this?

Here is the javascript on my List button

records = {!GETRECORDIDS($ObjectType.Job_Applicant__c)};

if (records.length < 1) {
  alert('Please select one or more options first.');
} else {
  this.form.action = '/apex/MyVFPage';
  this.form.submit();
}

Appreciate any suggestions. Cheers.

I am developing an application which includes a configuration object that allows a user to specify an image they would like displayed on a VF page. The user must type in the filename of the image and include the image in an existing Static Resource zip file. The visual VF page then retrieves the correct image as below:

<apex:image url="{!URLFOR($Resource.Logos, Logo)}"/>

The Controller Extension has a method getLogo() which returns the appropriate filename.

This is all very nice, however it won't work in a Managed Package because the end user won't be able to update the SR zip file. It will be locked.

Does anybody have a workaround for this. Or an idea of how I might be able to achieve the same result differently?

Many thanks.

I own a recording studio in Detroit.  I already have the Salesforce basics configured, including the web to lead form.

However, the web to lead form has some issues.

I already have a great web developer. However, he can only do the basics.  He and I have both wasted far too much time and need a Salesforce expert who can do EVERYTHING on both the Salesforce and web programming sides.

The web site is www.emberrecording.com - Go to CONTACT page to see it.

The problem is that the actual field name doesn't match the label name.  (This is intentional, but it's causing it not to work.)  Even though Salesforce tech support tested this on their system, it's not working on mine for some reason.  There are about 5 fields that are not working properly - some because I think the users are typing in numbers as words / vice versa.

Also, the birthday field is not populating.  I don't want to ask the end user for the year they were born because of privacy issues.  Apparently, you can type in a mm/dd date directly into Salesforce and it will auto-populate the form.  However, when it gets the information from web-to-lead, it doesn't collect the data / doesn't work.  I think it's important to keep it as a date type of field because I would eventually like to send e-mails to clients on their birthday as part of a campaign etc.

In addition, I created a custom field called "Account Type".  Every single person that fills out the web to lead form is of account type "Ember Recording Studio Client" so I need a 'hidden field' created to do this. 

If you can get this all working, I would be interested in getting the form programmed into my MySpace and Facebook pages, too. 

I also have notification going to my e-mail address.  I added some fields, but they aren't all working. I have a feeling this will start working once the actual form is working, but it's possible that I may need help with this, too.

Please provide me with a FIXED cost for these items (not hourly).

Thank you!

Russ Meuchel

russ@emberrecording.com

586-530-4752