• 5 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Both apex:actionFunction and apex:actionSupport do not work with param tag if the rerender attribute is not specified.

I used a simple instance of the actionFunction tag with an apex:param tag and assigned the value to a variable in my controller.
I did not intend the use the value of the variable again in my VF page so I simply used a System.debug() to display the variable value.
It showed up as null!!!

I made a single change to the tag and added the rerender attribute to with the id of an unrelated outputPanel and voila!, the system.debug() works.

The same thing happened with the actionSupport tag.

I copied the example in the Visualforce Reference for actionSupport and actionFunction
except
 - removed the rerender attribute on the VF page and
 - added a System.debug in the controller

Has anybody else come across this OR figured this out? 

Hi,

I am creating Visualforce Email Template. In that i want to construct the URL using a custom object.

For example : <<URL of the org>>/Object.id

How can we get the current orgs URL as different orgs have different domains like na1, na2, tapp0 ?

Can anyone help me in getting the organizations URL? 

Regards,

Imran

I have a VF page with a dropdown list doing a javascript:form.submit().  However when I click on the back button i get a webpage has expired.  Any ideas on a work around?

Visualforce allows us to render the page as a pdf thanks to the renderas attribute of the page tag. However, I have noticed some inconsistancies between the pdf render and the vf page render. The inconsistancy I am most concerned about at the moment is font types. I styled an outputtext tag with "font-family:arial;". This works for the vf page, but not the pdf. I have tried a number of methods to change the font in the pdf version but to no avail.
Any ideas?