• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

hello guys,

i need an urgent help. I have to handle the sharing of data between 2 diffrent pages. 
i want to implement the following functionality:
(1).one of the page has been created which shows the complete list of users. 
(2). some users are selected 
(3). they are all together awarded with 500 points and this function is redirected on other page.
 step 3 is done on one click and also on a diffrent page, which should ask about the confirmation for the selected list of users..

i am new to this visualforce, i need the solution urgently, please help me, infact save me....

waiting for a positive reply,

regards,
abhijeet. :)

• July 13, 2010

hello guys,

i need an urgent help. I have to handle the sharing of data between 2 diffrent pages. 
i want to implement the following functionality:
(1).one of the page has been created which shows the complete list of users. 
(2). some users are selected 
(3). they are all together awarded with 500 points and this function is redirected on other page.
 step 3 is done on one click and also on a diffrent page, which should ask about the confirmation for the selected list of users..

i am new to this visualforce, i need the solution urgently, please help me, infact save me....

waiting for a positive reply,

regards,
abhijeet. :)

• July 13, 2010

Hi everyone,

I am selecting lead record in one visualforce page by using checkbox and storing the records in list in apex class. When i am directing my page to another page which uses same extension as that of previous page,size of list becomes zero means it doesnot contain any records when i navigate to other page. So i am not able to fetch record from list.

My requirement is to select lead record on one vf page by clicking on checbox and then displaying them in next vf page so that i can perform further actions.

Can anyone help me to get out of this problem? 

Hi,

I am trying to update a field value on standard object after there has been a change on a custom object field.

The standard Object is Account and custom object is  Accountsinaction(Account_in_action__c).

Both objects are related via a Lookup relationship. The field is Account__c on Custom Object.

Also, the custom object has another field called Account_Status__c. If there is a change to this value, a trigger has to fire and update the change in corresponding Standard Account Object.

Trigger Code so far:

trigger Update_Account_Status on Account_In_Action__c (after Update) 
{
      List<Account> accts_toUpdate=new List<Account>();
      Set<Id> accsId =new Set<Id>();

for(Account_In_Action__c ia : Trigger.New)
          accsId.add(ia.Account__c);

Map<Id,Account> AccountMap=new Map<Id,Account>([Select Status from Account where Id in :accsId]);
      List<Account_In_Action__c> account_Action= [select Account_Status__c from Account_In_Action__c where id in :Trigger.new];

for(Integer i=0;i<account_Action.size();i++)
      {
        Account toupdate=new Account();
        accountMap.get(account_Action[i].idea__c).Status=account_Action[i].account_status__c;
        accts_toUpdate.add(toupdate);
      }

if(accts_toUpdate.size()>0)
          Update accts_toUpdate;
}

It gives following error msg:

System.SObjectException: SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: Account_In_Action__c.Account__c: Trigger.Update_Account_Status:

Can anyone help me with this.

Thanks in advance !

sales4ce

I am building a Force.com application using only custom objects. One of the custom objects is called 'Properties' and holds household address information, which I wish to use to drive a mass mail merge. For example, I may have 200 property records, and I would like to generate PDF informational letters to send to all of them. I don't need to send emails.

At the moment I export the data to a CSV file and do a merge using MS Word on my PC, but I'd like to move this functionality into Salesforce so I can deploy it to a wider group of users and enforce consistent merge templates held in Salesforce.

In Salesforce the functionality I would like to use is 'Mass Mail Merge' but this seems to be limited to the standard Contacts object. Since I'll always be mail merging in bulk (100+ letters) using the individual merge functionality doesn't work either. There doesn't seem to be generic mail merge functionality that is useable within the Force.com platform, but this doesn't seem to me to be an unusual use case.

My options seem to be:

1. customise the whole process in Salesforce, using Visualforce templates for each letter template

- taking this approach means we lose the ability to have users easily amend/rewrite Word templates, extensive ongoing VF template maintenance will be costly

2. use a paid App like Conga Mail Merge or LOOP Merge

- taking this approach solves most of the problems, but we'd like to trigger these merges from a workflow which is not possible using this approach

3. use an external merge service like LiveDocx and send/receive merged files using web callouts

-  taking this approach involves building customisations which effectively replicate what SFDC does. Also, there are governor limits on number of callouts which

4. use a hybrid mail provider who will do the merge and then also print, envelope, stamp & send the letters

-  this solution is also constrained by the volume limits on sending data (e.g. the merge template and field data) outbound in a web callout (as far as I can tell, there's a 100kB limit on outbound data, whereas a 2 page Word letter merge template with a few images is 230kB). This also ties us to one hybrid mail provider and means we can't choose to print locally if we want.

Has anyone found a way to get the standard mail merge functionality to work within Force.com, or had to build or implement similar functionality?

Thanks.
Hi,

I have a written a scontrol which implements the send email functionality.
In that I am able to attach a document already uploaded in Salesforce. But if I need to attach a document that resides on my PC and not in Salesforce, is it possible to do that in a Scontrol?