• 25 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

What are the best practices to follow when remotely customizing Salesforce for a client --- to assure them that the integrity of their data/code will not be compromised?  For example, if the client requests a new Visualforce page that pulls data from custom objects, the developer will need to access those objects (as well as any associated validation rules, workflows, etc.)

How is this situation typically handled?  Does the client grant sys admin access to one of their Sandbox accounts?  How are customizations deployed and tested in the Production environment?

Sorry if this question was posted in the wrong forum --- I wasn't sure where it belonged.

Thanks,

Barb

• February 23, 2011

Hi there,

Could anyone help me with the  steps  to upload an app for security review in appexchange.

FYI  I logged into appexchange and filled all the details under private listings and i couldn't get the option to upload package and  Start Review button.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

I'm using BURP Suite to test our Force.com Sites application but the limits had been exceeded within 30 minutes of testing. The sites record had shown that 10.2 minutes of execution time had been made (out of the 10 minutes available) and 5mb out of 500mb.

Now this, I'm not surprised since the BURP suite is making an average of around 500 requests per page.

What am I doing wrong? Or what should I be doing to prevent this from happening? Should I submit a case to increase the request limits?

Can anyone help me in telling the procedure how to map different urls into Brup suite

• August 17, 2011
Hi,

I'm in the process of submitting our salesforce app for a security review (first time I've gone thru this process). Our app communicates with a .Net webservice so I understand that the webservice has to go against a preliminary check with the BURP proxy scanner.

I've run it against the BURP "scanner" tool and it comes up clean (no issues or errors) - is that all there is to it or do I have to run the BURP "intruder" tool also?

I'm also told that I'm supposed to submit the BURP report as part of my security submission. But since I have no issues with the scanner I can't even generate a report (since it only reports on issues). What do I do in this case?

thanks

Hi,

We'd like to implement SSO using Salesforce as the identity provider.

It seems this can be done in 2 ways:

Is this second option allowed by the AppExchange security review ? 
Thanks,

What are the best practices to follow when remotely customizing Salesforce for a client --- to assure them that the integrity of their data/code will not be compromised?  For example, if the client requests a new Visualforce page that pulls data from custom objects, the developer will need to access those objects (as well as any associated validation rules, workflows, etc.)

How is this situation typically handled?  Does the client grant sys admin access to one of their Sandbox accounts?  How are customizations deployed and tested in the Production environment?

Sorry if this question was posted in the wrong forum --- I wasn't sure where it belonged.

Thanks,

Barb

• February 23, 2011

I want to publish an force application bassed on flex framework . 

I want to do some security check and follow the security process to valide this application .

I look to : http://security.force.com/ and don't find anything related to application using Flex instead Apex and visualForce .

Thanks iun advance for you response .

• February 22, 2011

Hello everyone. We've recently moved to more locked down server env. 

While testing out our website move to the new server env. we've found that webservice API call to salesforce consistently fails.

We had to ask our server host add firewall rules to allow connection to Salesforce.

We decided to use FQDN and added www.salesforce.com (443).

This initially worked for us.

However, on the day of golive (today) during testing, connections were starting to fail. After studying the WSDL generated from Salesforce, we decided to open na6-api.salesforce.com(443). This failed again because response was coming back from ns0-api.salesforce.com.

Are there set URLs that we need to have on our firewall rules? It seems like due to load balancing, these URLs change? 

I desperately need assistance on this.

thank you.

Do you need to go through a security review even if you don't want to publish your app on App Exchange.

• October 05, 2010