• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I need to add new fields such as DOB, gender, Marital status, ethnicity, contact phone no of a constituent in Salesforce. I believe that contact is the right place to capture all these information. I already have 1000 contacts in my account. I would like to know what are the steps I need to follow in order to add these fields under contact? Since I already have 1000 records under contact how to update these records with the new field's information? Please let me know what is the usual procedure followed here. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Assh

• July 17, 2010

Hi All,

I would like to add validation rule on one custom field.

Rule should validate inputs on following basis -

1. Value entered by user can be from 0 to 100 only.

2. Also value should be in multiple of 10 i.e. accepted value are as follows:
    0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70,80, 90, 100

Can somebody help me to write validatation rule for this?

Thanks in advance

Sakshi G

• December 08, 2010

Hi,

Can anybody provide a sample class (controller/extension) and its test method to me?

Thank you!

Sakshi

• September 16, 2010

Hi All,

I have created one Apex Class. Class have a method which is called on "Save" button. Everything works well for System Administrator.

But same method are not executing for other profile. I have set access of particular Apex class to new profile "Agent".

Also method is public so I was expecting it to be accessible to other profile. Is there anything else that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!!!

Sakshi

• September 07, 2010

I need help to develop following functionality:

We have Brocker (Profile) who send emails to customers. I need a kind of approval system for these email.
All email send by Brocker will be passed to our manager first . After review and approval that email will be sent to customer.

Is it possible to develop this kind of functionality using workflow or custom visual force page? Please guide me.

Regards

Savi

Hi All,

I would like to add validation rule on one custom field.

Rule should validate inputs on following basis -

1. Value entered by user can be from 0 to 100 only.

2. Also value should be in multiple of 10 i.e. accepted value are as follows:
    0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70,80, 90, 100

Can somebody help me to write validatation rule for this?

Thanks in advance

Sakshi G

• December 08, 2010

Hi,

I have a list button which passes the record id to a visualforce page.
This visualforce page calls a simple custom controller that displays and saves records.

This is working absolutely fine.

However a very basic question ,how do i have a "Cancel" button action in a custom controller,wherein when i click on Save ,After the save action this should go back the previous page?

The save part of my custom controller:

public PageReference save() {
            update pserial;
                 return null;
//instead of returning null,i need to get back to the previous page,how do i set the page reference here?
}

vf page:

<apex:page controller="iresv">
<apex:form >
<apex:pageMessages ></apex:pageMessages>

<apex:pageBlock >
<apex:pageBlockButtons location="bottom">
<apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save" />
</apex:pageBlockButtons>
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Serial}" var="s">

<apex:column value="{!s.Product_disp__c}"/>
<apex:column headerValue="Reserve">
<apex:inputCheckbox value="{!s.Reserved__c}"/>
</apex:column>
</apex:pageBlockTable>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>
 </apex:page>

Please help!

Hi All,

I have created one Apex Class. Class have a method which is called on "Save" button. Everything works well for System Administrator.

But same method are not executing for other profile. I have set access of particular Apex class to new profile "Agent".

Also method is public so I was expecting it to be accessible to other profile. Is there anything else that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!!!

Sakshi

• September 07, 2010

Hi All,

I need to add new fields such as DOB, gender, Marital status, ethnicity, contact phone no of a constituent in Salesforce. I believe that contact is the right place to capture all these information. I already have 1000 contacts in my account. I would like to know what are the steps I need to follow in order to add these fields under contact? Since I already have 1000 records under contact how to update these records with the new field's information? Please let me know what is the usual procedure followed here. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Assh

• July 17, 2010