• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I had the use case to override the "detail" action of a custom object to render/secure specific buttons.  The page was composed of  the following apex components, in addition to jQuery.

• apex:form
  • apex:pageBlock
  • apexPageBlockButtons
  • apex:detail (relying on the object's default page layout)
  • apex:actionFunction
  • apex:outputField

One of the button's function was to make an AJAX call to update the status field and rerender the status (the act of submitting the entity).  See code below.

<apex:page title="Consultant Request Form" showHeader="true"   standardcontroller="Consultant_Request__c" extensions="ConsultantRequestDetail_Ext">
    <apex:includeScript value="{!URLFOR($Resource.ConsultantTracker_UI, 'scripts/jquery-1.5.2.min.js')}"/>
    <script type="text/javascript">
        var j$ = jQuery.noConflict();
         j$(document).ready(function(){
            j$('.JQEdit').click(function(){document.location='{!URLFOR($Action.Consultant_Request__c.Edit,Consultant_Request__c.Id)}';});
            j$('.JQDelete').click(function(){
                if (confirm('Are you sure you want to delete this record?')){
                    document.location='{!URLFOR($Action.Consultant_Request__c.Delete,Consultant_Request__c.Id)}';
                }
            });
            j$('.JQMapRequest').click(function(){
                window.open('{!URLFOR($Page.Consultant_Map,Consultant_Request__c.Id,[id=Consultant_Request__c.Id,city=Consultant_Request__c.Airport_City_State__c])}',"RequestMap","menubar=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes");
            });
            j$('.JQSubmit').click(function(){
                if(confirm('Are you sure you want to submit this request to a scheduler?')){
                    tester();
                }
            });
         });
    </script>
    <apex:form id="theForm">
        <apex:pageBlock id="mainBlock">
            <apex:pageBlockButtons >
            <apex:outputText rendered="{!CanEdit}">
                <input type="button" value="Edit" id="editBtn" class="btn JQEdit"/>
            </apex:outputText>
            <apex:outputText rendered="{!CanDelete}">
                <input type="button" value="Delete" id="deleteBtn" class="btn JQDelete"/>
            <apex:outputText rendered="{!CanMapRequest}">
                <input type="button" value="Map Request" id="mapBtn" class="btn JQMapRequest"/>
            <input type="button" value="Generate PDF" id="pdfBtn" class="btn"/>
            <apex:outputText rendered="{!CanSubmit}">
                <input type="button" value="Submit to Scheduler" id="submitBtn" class="btn JQSubmit"/>
            <input type="button" value="Send Request to Manager" id="managerBtn" class="btn JQSend"/>
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>
            <apex:outputField id="statusField" value="{!Consultant_Request__c.Status__c}" rendered="true"/>
            <apex:detail id="detailBlock" relatedList="true" title="true" subject="{!Consultant_Request__c.Id}" relatedListHover="false"/>
        </apex:pageBlock>
		<apex:outputField value="{!Consultant_Request__c.Status__c}" rendered="false"/>
		<apex:outputField value="{!Consultant_Request__c.Id}" rendered="false"/>
		<apex:outputField value="{!Consultant_Request__c.Airport_City_State__c}" rendered="false"/>
		<apex:actionFunction name="tester" action="{!updateStatus}" rerender="statusField" oncomplete="alert('hello');"/>
    </apex:form>  
</apex:page>

However, when clicking the "submit" button, the page would perform essentially a full page load on the AJAX callback, without throwing any errors.  I tried taking out the apex:detail component and then the actionFunction call worked.  Not giving up, I tried a few more things.  I stumbled on a solution: in the apex:detail component, set the relatedList attribute  to false and then explicitly reference the desired related lists.  These references must be done outside of the apex:form component.  See working page below.

<apex:page title="Consultant Request Form" showHeader="true" standardcontroller="Consultant_Request__c" extensions="ConsultantRequestDetail_Ext">
    <apex:includeScript value="{!URLFOR($Resource.ConsultantTracker_UI, 'scripts/jquery-1.5.2.min.js')}"/>
    <script type="text/javascript">
        var j$ = jQuery.noConflict();
         j$(document).ready(function(){
            j$('.JQEdit').click(function(){document.location='{!URLFOR($Action.Consultant_Request__c.Edit,Consultant_Request__c.Id)}';});
            j$('.JQDelete').click(function(){
                if (confirm('Are you sure you want to delete this record?')){
                    document.location='{!URLFOR($Action.Consultant_Request__c.Delete,Consultant_Request__c.Id)}';
                }
            });
            j$('.JQMapRequest').click(function(){
                window.open('{!URLFOR($Page.Consultant_Map,Consultant_Request__c.Id,[id=Consultant_Request__c.Id,city=Consultant_Request__c.Airport_City_State__c])}',"RequestMap","menubar=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes");
            });
            j$('.JQSubmit').click(function(){
                if(confirm('Are you sure you want to submit this request to a scheduler?')){
                    tester();
                }
            });
         });
    </script>
    <apex:form id="theForm">
        <apex:pageBlock id="mainBlock">
            <apex:pageBlockButtons >
            <apex:outputText rendered="{!CanEdit}">
                <input type="button" value="Edit" id="editBtn" class="btn JQEdit"/>
            <apex:outputText rendered="{!CanDelete}">
                <input type="button" value="Delete" id="deleteBtn" class="btn JQDelete"/>
            <apex:outputText rendered="{!CanMapRequest}">
                <input type="button" value="Map Request" id="mapBtn" class="btn JQMapRequest"/>
            <input type="button" value="Generate PDF" id="pdfBtn" class="btn"/>
            <apex:outputText rendered="{!CanSubmit}">
                <input type="button" value="Submit to Scheduler" id="submitBtn" class="btn JQSubmit"/>
            <input type="button" value="Send Request to Manager" id="managerBtn" class="btn JQSend"/>
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>
            <apex:outputField id="statusField" value="{!Consultant_Request__c.Status__c}" rendered="true"/>
            <apex:detail id="detailBlock" relatedList="false" title="true" subject="{!Consultant_Request__c.Id}" relatedListHover="false"/>
        </apex:pageBlock>
		<apex:outputField value="{!Consultant_Request__c.Status__c}" rendered="false"/>
		<apex:outputField value="{!Consultant_Request__c.Id}" rendered="false"/>
		<apex:outputField value="{!Consultant_Request__c.Airport_City_State__c}" rendered="false"/>
		<apex:actionFunction name="tester" action="{!updateStatus}" rerender="statusField" oncomplete="alert('hello');"/>
    </apex:form>  
    <!-- Had to resort to explicitly listing the related lists as they prevented the actionFunction from firing properly-->          
	<apex:relatedList list="Consultant_Assignments__r" />
</apex:page>

Hope this helps someone in the future.

-Brian

I wrote a test class that passed without issue in one sandbox environment (test), but fails in the next environment (UAT).  I did a file compare on the affected class and the test class and found no differences.  It fails on the insert call:

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION, Last Modified Date(Mon Jul 26 01:48:35 GMT 2010) before Create Date(Mon Jul 26 01:48:37 GMT 2010).: [LastModifiedDate]

I found reference to this type of error in the data migration area, but not in Apex code.  Any ideas as to what may cause this?

Thanks,

Brian

I'd like to run an Apex trigger that updates the owner field on the contract page once the contract is successfully approved. I know how to update the owner field, but I don't know how to make the trigger run at the given time.

Any suggestions on how to do that?

Thanks!

I wrote a test class that passed without issue in one sandbox environment (test), but fails in the next environment (UAT).  I did a file compare on the affected class and the test class and found no differences.  It fails on the insert call:

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION, Last Modified Date(Mon Jul 26 01:48:35 GMT 2010) before Create Date(Mon Jul 26 01:48:37 GMT 2010).: [LastModifiedDate]

I found reference to this type of error in the data migration area, but not in Apex code.  Any ideas as to what may cause this?

Thanks,

Brian