• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Does anyone have any recommendations for a B2B e-commerce type product that would enable external clients to purchase products in salesforce. Something where they can have shopping cart functionality and place orders that would create the corresponding opportunities in Salesforce

It would need to be quite configurable to read/write from custom objects.

There are a couple of products in the app exchange I found but they don't seem to be anything special.

Thanks

Scott

• September 29, 2011

I am running an update to some custom fields in the opportunitylineItem object via the Salesforce API from some C#/.Net code. I am not getting an error back but my updated values are being ignored. However as part of the same update I can seem to update non-custom fields ok.

Code is standard like in C#

var qr = binding.query(string.Format("Select Id, Quantity, Quantity_Used__c from OpportunityLineItem where Id = {0}", Id));   

var lineItem = (OpportunityLineItem) qr.records[0];   

lineItem.Quantity = developments; 

lineItem.Quantity_Used__c = developments; 

var items = new OpportunityLineItem[1];   

items[0] = lineItem;   

binding.update(items);

If I examine the contents of the saveresult returned from the udpate I do not get any errors but Quanity is updated but value for Quantity_Used__c is ignored.

The logged in user has read/write permissions on all fields

• September 23, 2011

I wish to restrict access to opportunites. I have set the default access to Opportunites to private under Sharing Settings however other users can still view the opportuniy but…

I want to be able to retreive some statistics from Salesforce and make them available so that they can be displayed on a TV connected to a computer, being automatically refreshed every 5 minutes.  The only thing I could think of is to create a visual force page to query and display the data with a javascript refresh. Or else create an .Net app which would poll the api every 5 minutes.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Scott

I have some code based on this example there http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_process_example.htm which creates and approves an approval request. It works fine if I am logged in as sysamdin but if a user with lower privilges is logged in I get an error on the line

Approval.ProcessResult result2 =  Approval.process(req2);

The error message is

First exception on row 0; first error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY,

Is there any way to make this code work for a user with lower privileges?

I am new to forecasting but it seems to work based on the total amount of a contract, so if next month there is a 3 month contract starting for £300 it would report a forecast value of £300 for next month. However what we want to add is the value per month forecasting as well so the VPM forecast for next month would be £100 (£300/3 months). 

Is there any way to do this within the existing forecasting system? I don't think there is. 

The options as I see it would be to 

1. Create custom reports - however I am not sure they are flexible enough to re-create the forecasting functionality

2. Re-create the forecasting functionality from scratch using Apex and Visualforce

3. Find something on the AppExchange - anyone any ideas on a suitable product. 

Any ideas appreciated.

• September 30, 2010

I want to set the record type on a task I have created in apex with code similar to below but I don't see any property on the task object where I can do this, any ideas?

Task myTask = new Task();
 myTask.Subject = 'Follow up task for opportunity';

The bigger problem I am trying to solve is create tasks in a trigger on opportunity creation. I can do this ok but I want to make sure they can not be deleted without affecting the delete permissions on any other kind of task. I thought about doing this by creating a task with a different record type so I could assign a page layout to it where the delete button is not available. I don't know if there is another way.

• September 28, 2010

I wish to create a custom template for approvals, however I am having some trouble finding where in the documentation it specifies the name of the merge fields related to the approval such as those to generate the link, all I could find was this reference in the online help "If the email template you choose contains approval merge fields named {!ApprovalRequest.field_name},..." but it does not specify what the field names are for the approval request.

Know where I can find more information.

In the Storage Usage screen under Data Management in Administration it indicates that there are 924,000 Tasks but if I do a SOQL query "select count() from Task" I get only 118,000 records coming back. I am unsure why there is a difference?

I am running an update to some custom fields in the opportunitylineItem object via the Salesforce API from some C#/.Net code. I am not getting an error back but my updated values are being ignored. However as part of the same update I can seem to update non-custom fields ok.

Code is standard like in C#

var qr = binding.query(string.Format("Select Id, Quantity, Quantity_Used__c from OpportunityLineItem where Id = {0}", Id));   

var lineItem = (OpportunityLineItem) qr.records[0];   

lineItem.Quantity = developments; 

lineItem.Quantity_Used__c = developments; 

var items = new OpportunityLineItem[1];   

items[0] = lineItem;   

binding.update(items);

If I examine the contents of the saveresult returned from the udpate I do not get any errors but Quanity is updated but value for Quantity_Used__c is ignored.

The logged in user has read/write permissions on all fields

• September 23, 2011

I wish to restrict access to opportunites. I have set the default access to Opportunites to private under Sharing Settings however other users can still view the opportuniy but…

I have some code based on this example there http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_process_example.htm which creates and approves an approval request. It works fine if I am logged in as sysamdin but if a user with lower privilges is logged in I get an error on the line

Approval.ProcessResult result2 =  Approval.process(req2);

The error message is

First exception on row 0; first error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY,

Is there any way to make this code work for a user with lower privileges?

I wish to create a custom template for approvals, however I am having some trouble finding where in the documentation it specifies the name of the merge fields related to the approval such as those to generate the link, all I could find was this reference in the online help "If the email template you choose contains approval merge fields named {!ApprovalRequest.field_name},..." but it does not specify what the field names are for the approval request.

Know where I can find more information.