• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have created a managed package which involves a couple of triggers and a test class. There is a custom field and a custom setting.

In the custom setting i have a checkbox and a text field. The idea behind adding the custom setting was to enable the installer of the managed package to be able to change the default settings of the custom setting fields if and when they'd like to. As you can imagine this can be useful for many different types of scenarios.

Now the triggers work great looking up the values in the custom settings fields when the managed package is installed on the clients org, however the custom settings are not visible and therefore are static and not able to be changed.

Is there anyone that can tell me how i can make those custom settings visible in a managed package once installed on another organization?

Thank your for any input/advice.

Let's say we have a button pointing to this URL:

https://www.sample.com?customSetting={!$Setup.Namespace__Info__c.Namespace__Field__c}&customField={!Namespace__CustObj__c.Namespace__CustField__c}

where Namespace__Info__c refers to a Custom Setting, Namespace__Field__c is a field on that Custom Setting, Namespace__CustObj__c is a custom object, and Namespace__CustField__c is a field on that custom object. This is all within a managed package.

When this button is rolled out in a managed package version, the Namespace__ is removed from all of the fields and this button no longer works in an org with this version installed. If the Custom Setting field is removed, the Namespace__ remains intact for the custom object and field.

I think this is a Salesforce bug, but I wanted to bring it up here before opening a ticket to see if anyone has seen or dealt with this issue. Thanks in advance!

Hello all,

I am working on an Object and I've added a Custom Button to a page layout that will redirect to another Standard Page Layout of a Custom Object.  I'm trying to figure out a way to autopopulate the fields (using the [Param = "value"]) in Reference to the fields from the previous page. 

SO this is what I want:

1. User is on Page1  (From here we'll call it "First")

2. User clicks Custom Button to be sent to Page2 ("Second")  using URLFOR in a standard Formula field (I'm trying to do this WITHOUT using Visualforce)

3. Second.Summary__c is pre-populated with First.Summary__c. 

Here is my Code, the Second page is loading correctly, but the parameter is not passing.

{!URLFOR($Action.Second.New,   $ObjectType.Second ,  [ Second.Summary__c  =  First.Summary__c],false  )}

Any ideas?

I'm trying to create a custom formula field to put into my opportunity page layout (hidden).

the point of this will be to use it in various reports. When a manager runs a report and wants to edit the opportunity on the same record line it will open the opportunity in edit mode, then once saved, takes the user back to the same report they came from.

This i what i've done so far... but doesn't seem to be working. I dont know how to call out the current opportunity, and how to use the retURL properly to take me back to the previous location (report).

I guess two things, how do I get it to open the "current opportunity" in edit mode, then how do I get it to remember previous location and bring back after saving the edits to the last view.

It needs to be a field so that it can show up in the Report "select column" fields.

/006/e?ent=Opportunity?retURL={!$CurrentPage.Url}