• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have encountered a really strange problem that, despite trawling teh internets and the dev forums, I can't seem to solve. It is also very confusing, and seemingly has no pattern to it.

I have setup a Visualforce page that renders to PDF, and can be opened and printed from the Opportunity page.

However, one user seems to be unable to open the page from Internet Explorer 8 on her machine. When she tries to open the page, a window opens with the correct url, but before it loads the page, it cancels itself.

Her profile and role are the same as mine (admin), yet when I log on to SF on her machine, I can open the page in IE without any problem. To add to this, if she logs on in Firefox on her machine, or in Chrome on a Windows 7 machine, she can access the page ok.

Stranger still, if she logs on to IE9 on the W7 machine, she cannot access the page - it just repetedly rediects her back to the SF login screen. But if I log on to the same browser/machine, after one extra login, I can access the document.

Note that, whilst we have the same profile and role, I have the admin functions ticked in my user profile, whilst she does not.

Also note that I have tried 

cache="true"

and

standardStylesheets="false"

in the page descriptions, but neither solve the problem.

Can we find a solution, or is a browser change the only option?

Thanks in advance.

My task involves downloading and uploading data to SalesForce using Apex Data Loader.

While downloading data non-english characters in the data, are not properly downloaded in csv file.

Is there any way dataloader can export data to excel sheet?

The same problem while updating too.

i have enabled Read/Write CSVs with UTF-8 encoding in Data Loader settings.

For example characters like ö,ü are not properly exported or updated.