• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Thanks to the help from a 2011 post (special thanks to contributor bob_buzzard)I was able to successfully create 2 Visualforce pages that work together to display a related list that is 2 relationships away. Page1 passes a value to Page2, Page2 then gets the field data from the related list and passes the list back to Page1 via the use of iFrame. The pages work perfect!, I simply launch Page1 from the Object. However my real need is to get the list on Page1 into a Visualforce email template. I am on Group Edition which unfortunately only allws Standard Controllers. Can this be done? I have spent more hours on this than I care to admit, any help would be appreciated. Below is my code:

Page1:
<apex:page sidebar="false" title="List" showHeader="false" standardController="Case">  
   <apex:outputText value="{!Case.Job_Name__c}" rendered="false" />
   <apex:iframe src="/apex/Page2?id={!Case.Job_Name__c}" />
</apex:page>

Page2:
<apex:page sidebar="false" showHeader="false" standardController="Interior_Job__c">
   <apex:dataTable value="{!Interior_Job__c.SSV_Link__r}" var="d">
  <apex:column headerValue="Vendors List" value="{!d.Vendors.Name}"/>
   </apex:dataTable>
</apex:page>

• April 04, 2018
I have a lookup field on Case object that links to a Custom object. The Custom object has a related list of Cases down below but I need to pull up to the Custom object record some totals from the Cases. Obvisly not possible with Roll-up field since the relationship is not Master-Detail. Is this possible with Visualforce "standardController="Custom_Object__c"? Something like I would code if the relationship was Master-Detail?

<apex:outputText value=" ${0, number,###,##0.00}">
                                    <apex:param value="{!Custom_Object__c.Case.Case_Field__c}" />
                                    </apex:outputText>

Any help woul be appreciated- I am at a dead end.
  • March 29, 2018
I have a lookup field on Case object that links to a Custom object. The Custom object has a related list of Cases down below but I need to pull up to the Custom object record some totals from the Cases. Obvisly not possible with Roll-up field since the relationship is not Master-Detail. Is this possible with Visualforce "standardController="Custom_Object__c"? Something like I would code if the relationship was Master-Detail?

<apex:outputText value=" ${0, number,###,##0.00}">
                                    <apex:param value="{!Custom_Object__c.Case.Case_Field__c}" />
                                    </apex:outputText>

Any help woul be appreciated- I am at a dead end.
  • March 29, 2018

This is my VF code:

<apex:dataTable value="{!Order__c.Opportunity__r.OpportunityLineItems}" var="d">
	<apex:column headerValue="Desc" value="{!d.Description}"/>
</apex:dataTable>

I am receiving an error: Error: Aggregate Relationship is used in an unsupported complex expression containing 'opportunity__r.opportunitylineitems'

Order__c is a custom object which has master-detail relationship with opportunity. I am trying to display the OpportunityLineItem details in a VF page on click of a button(Generate Order, present in Order detail page).

Can anybody explain whats wrong?

I have 4 fields - Category1, Category2, Category3, Category4

I have created a formula field which concatenates all these into 1 single field and shows in the new field called TotalCategories

Total Categories = "Category1:" & Category_1__c & ";Category2:" & Category_2__c & ";Category3:" & Category_3__c & ";Category4" & Category_4__c

This is absolutely fine. But when only Category1 is filled.. Total Categories should show only Category1:"Category_1__c". Can anyone help .. how to do ? I tried using 'Case' but no use.

This is driving me crazy! I have come to the Excel Connector because I needed a bi-directional data tool so I can correct some text errors in the lead source fields of converted leads. I understand that Data Loader is available in EE but I have PE so I thought this would be the answer. However, when I attempted to edit the data I get an error message that says, "Update Row Failed: cannot reference converted lead."

Am I correctly understanding that the Excel Connector will update any data in SF except data in a converted lead???????? Why is this data so guarded that it appears to be impossible to edit any textual info that has no formulas or logic running against it? I have some lead sources from previous months that are incorrect and they skew my report and require me to manually correct them every time.; Simple things like a lead source of "ASP 2008" should be "ASP 0208". I don't want to delete the converted lead and then convert a corrected lead because it will throw off the date of the conversion and break the connection with the existing opportunity. There must be a way? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message Edited by DalStar1999 on 07-25-2008 02:32 PM

Message Edited by DalStar1999 on 07-25-2008 02:34 PM

Message Edited by DalStar1999 on 07-25-2008 02:50 PM